Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Old May 11, 19, 11:07 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; BA Exec Club Silver
Originally Posted by terbangalways View Post
I'm doing same BOG-FRA, and had selected bulkhead row 3 due to larger foot space that i read online.
Did you happen to notice this?

I've also been to AV lounge and it was very crowded! So i'll check out your mentioned lounge.

How do you bid for the upgrade? There's an upgrade option of EUR 1400 one-way in manage my booking from J to F.
Not sure if this will drop closer to departure.
The bulkhead seats were good. They have much less passenger traffic than further back and also get served first for dinner, which was a plus on the evening flight.

For the upgrade bidding, if you’ve booked through Lufthansa you can bid through plusgrade, which you should be able to find through manage my booking. We had the option to bid for F but can’t remember the starting price.

Also cant remember the flat fare for upgrading to first, though we had that option as well. Sorry I can’t be of more help.
terbangalways likes this.
Old May 11, 19, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisBub View Post
El Dorado lounge near gate 47.
You mentioned El Dorado, but it's not listed on *A web.
Do you just show up with your BP?
Is there simple hot food?
Old May 11, 19, 10:16 pm

Programs: Miles and More FTL; BA Exec Club Silver
Originally Posted by terbangalways View Post
You mentioned El Dorado, but it's not listed on *A web.
Do you just show up with your BP?
Is there simple hot food?
I asked at the gate if there was another lounge LH passengers could use and they sent me to the El Dorado one. It also comes up on the Lufthansa app when you search there.

There’s a buffet, for which the staff at entry give you a voucher. I didn’t try it, but seemed to be quite well stocked. There’s also a bar service, a barbers and a spa. Really spacious place. But no nice views, on the other hand
Old May 12, 19, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by ChrisBub View Post
There’s also a bar service, a barbers and a spa. Really spacious place. But no nice views, on the other hand
Thanks for your tips!
I'll be sure to check it out next month
ChrisBub likes this.
Old Jun 30, 19, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Just did DEN-FRA-DEN with upgrades to C in both directions (one with miles, one as an op-up). The outbound was in 83A on the 744. Great seat with the nice little extra storage space between the seat and the wall. Good foot room as well. The return was in 11E on the 744. The middle seat is fine, but the whole footwell thing is comparatively a disaster when the E and F seats basically share the footwell space. I can see why people complain about this. Very easy to end up kicking your seatmate (or being kicked) while trying to sleep. The space that you do have is barely wide enough for average size feet side-by-side. Still much better than PE or Y, but disappointing for C. Service was very good both directions. One other downside to row 11 is that it seemed to be the last row served during meals due to the way the flight attendants worked. Not a big deal for me, but if you wanted to have a quicker meal and sleep more, this seems to be a bad row. Can't speak to whether this is standard procedure or not.
Old Jun 30, 19, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Eurobonus Gold
Hi guys,

Just did OSL-MUC-LAX. OSL-MUC uneventful, as it was an early morning flight the cold, very boring and small breakfast was served.
However, first time flying in C with Lufthansa long haul. My whole family was present for a vacation in California. MUC-LAX was with an A380 that we all love.

To start, both the business class lounge and senator lounge in Munich close to the L-gates for departure was full, there was no seating space, so we had to stand and eat, 6 people and a baby,
Terrible on ground service.

Then for the flight: First of all, the seat design is terrible and sub-par to all other airlines I have flown in C. The headphone connection for the A380 window seats is ridiculous, as is the position of the screen (way too low and awkward as the window seats are facing diagonally towards the windows) and charging points in between seats that make it impossible to climb over both the chargers and the person to reach the aisle. The IFE feels ancient compared to the likes of ME3 and the 77W on American Airlines & Swiss.

However disappointed we all were with the hard product, the soft product could of course compensate. However, that was even more of a letdown. No welcoming at the door and we only saw our cabin crew twice during the entire 12h flight. The lights were dimmed after an hour even when takeoff time was at 12 pm and landing was before 3 pm... Probably to make people sleep instead of providing service.

Even that is not the worst: we were given a very small 3-course straight after takeoff, I opted for the veal which was tiny with large yellow asparagus (asparagus season in Germany...) and three small halves of a potato. For dessert we chose the ice cream, which wasn't even proper ice cream, it was frozen yogurt in a box... Then for the next 10h, we did not get any food, only once did we get some biscuits and a chocolate bar to share between 6 people and when we asked for food, there was none. After 10h without food, 3 glasses of juice (had to ring the bell each time) we received a small asparagus soup (which was inedible for half our party) plus a small salad.

I have never been so hungry in my life and the same for my family. It should not be like that when you spend that kind of money and we have two weeks earlier flown Qatar C-class where we could not walk after all the food given. It is dangerous and absolutely shocking that there is no food service between the two on a day flight of 12 hours.

What a terrible product Lufthansa offers. Now we have a return flight with them from LAX-MUC but are looking for other options.
Old Jun 30, 19, 11:33 pm

Programs: LH SEN, EB*S
You can tilt the IFE screen.. but yeah, the seat layout is weird.
Never had issues with C service/food.. odd one out at yours.
Old Jul 1, 19, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by mats184 View Post
[...]
I have never been so hungry in my life and the same for my family. It should not be like that when you spend that kind of money and we have two weeks earlier flown Qatar C-class where we could not walk after all the food given. It is dangerous and absolutely shocking that there is no food service between the two on a day flight of 12 hours.
[...]
Sounds unfortunate and I cannot confirm similar experiences.

Having said that as you say flight time was 12 h. It appears weird that you‘d be without food for 10 consecutive hours even with the service pattern you describe. Considering the ascent where no service takes place and preparation and serving times you’d ypically be done after 2.5 hours flight time. The second meal service would normally end at least 30 min prior to landing. The likelihood for 10 h without food to me appears rather small.
Old Jul 1, 19, 7:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by sw1x View Post

Having said that as you say flight time was 12 h. It appears weird that you‘d be without food for 10 consecutive hours even with the service pattern you describe. Considering the ascent where no service takes place and preparation and serving times you’d ypically be done after 2.5 hours flight time. The second meal service would normally end at least 30 min prior to landing. The likelihood for 10 h without food to me appears rather small.
Sounds very strange. Could be that they got hit by the LSG work-to-rule/strike last week too. But then they would announced something. Also every seat (even in Y) has a attendant call button like in Qatar, which upon being pressed a FA usually appears. If I am 'have never been so hungry in my life and the same for my family' I would have used that option to ask for nourishment instead of waiting x hours for the second service?
Old Jul 1, 19, 9:01 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Originally Posted by mats184 View Post
Now we have a return flight with them from LAX-MUC but are looking for other options.
Your report sounds unusual. Food on LH C may not always be good and is rarely great, but I never had to starve onboard.

LAX-MUC, just did it myself, is less of a problem for most people. Dinner is served after departure and then most pax sleep until breakfast. Unless you usually get up at home to have an additional meal at 2 a.m., you should be fine.
Old Jul 1, 19, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by sw1x View Post

Well, they were quick after take off, within an hour we were done and before landing they waited until the very last. The last tray was not finished before the belt sign came on.
So it really was 10 hours without food. This is also why we were shocked and why I write this report for this first time.
Old Jul 1, 19, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Sounds very strange. Could be that they got hit by the LSG work-to-rule/strike last week too. But then they would announced something. Also every seat (even in Y) has a attendant call button like in Qatar, which upon being pressed a FA usually appears. If I am 'have never been so hungry in my life and the same for my family' I would have used that option to ask for nourishment instead of waiting x hours for the second service?
Well, like I wrote all the times we received something was through this call button, but they did not have any food or snacks, just one small bag of biscuits and a chocolate bar that 6 people share.
And we did ask for more!
Old Jul 1, 19, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Your report sounds unusual. Food on LH C may not always be good and is rarely great, but I never had to starve onboard.

LAX-MUC, just did it myself, is less of a problem for most people. Dinner is served after departure and then most pax sleep until breakfast. Unless you usually get up at home to have an additional meal at 2 a.m., you should be fine.
We're not fans of the yellow asparagus that are very in season apparently so it makes it worse. But indeed the return is easier to accept this catering concept and for us, it will be fine. The day flight is the real problem and the lack of service was terrible. So 1/1 of the flights have been bad, could only get better. In addition, we did not have much food in the MUC lounge as it was full..
Old Jul 1, 19, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post

Well, asparagus was probably not the only choice, at least during the first service.

You won’t have any lounge issues at LAX. The *A lounge at TBIT is decent and you can also use the United Polaris lounge with its a la carte restaurant, if you don’t mind the walk over.

Lounges at MUC can get crowded at peak times, but I’ve always been able to find seating in one of the sections. SEN can on occasion be more crowded than J lounge.
It was not for the first service but we wanted the veal which was 90% asparagus and then for the second service there was no choice.
Thanks for the LAX information and helpful tips. The *A lounge looks really good. SEN was indeed more crowded, in the C lounge there were 2 seats available at the bar.
Old Jul 2, 19, 2:54 am

Programs: AA, SPG

Flew LH347 ORD - MUC on the new a350-900 in biz.....god awful experience. They were short 2 people so they told us at the beginning they wont be able to serve breakfast. The drawers in the unit were falling apart. Then when i land, LH texts me they forgot to load my bag. It game 6hrs later and they still have yet to deliver it to my hotel. Ive been waiting since sunday (Tuesday 11am currently) to deliver my bags. Had important meetings i had to do in shorts and t-shirt. I will never fly LH again.

Its great that they could give a chit about customer service. I even asked if i could come to MUC airport to get my bag and they said no....still haven't heard from the hotel if it arrived. They promised me yesterday 3pm.....nothing.

update: the german factory guys are trying to help me here and lufthansa said not our problem anymore, they handed it off to a courier and the courier wont answer their phones. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited by Tony3021990; Jul 2, 19 at 3:45 am

Search this Thread