Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Miles and More?

I did have the foresight to get a LufthansA Miles and More number for my flights since I anticipate accruing close to 20,000 basic miles in my flights alone-not sure yet what if any kind of bonus miles I will get by flying in Biz class.
Is it worth getting a credit card to add to miles so that the miles that I fly on do not expire as long as I make purchases on this card?
Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:52 pm

Can someone describe for the A380 J class, if it is better to be in the bulkhead row (e.g. Seat 10D, G) or is it better to be in a normal seat of the aircraft (e.g. row 12-20). I'm a tall flier.

Also, is the back cabin better than the middle cabin over the wing on A380? I always thought the very back has worse turbulence and is louder.

I looked into row 26C or H as described above but I do not want people to climb over me.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Bulkhead is no good on the new C layout on any aircraft. Also row 10 on the A380 is the last row to be served during meals, so you get your food very late and may not get your choice.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Bulkhead is no good on the new C layout on any aircraft. Also row 10 on the A380 is the last row to be served during meals, so you get your food very late and may not get your choice.
Thanks for advice ^ I moved my A346 bulkhead window seat in row 3 to row 5. So they start to serve from last row to front in LH C?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its galley to front in the forward C section and back to front in the rear section of the A330/340/380.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Would you say then the rear cabin of the A380 is better than the front? I normally think the back is colder and louder but correct me if Im wrong

Also, the seat map is only showing:
| Row 10 - 20 |
| Galley |
| Row 21 - 24 |
I believe the rows behind 24 is now economy (row 95 - 99).
Row 26 is not available.

Which row would be the better row?

Last edited by cooleddie; Oct 11, 2014 at 9:03 pm
Old Oct 13, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Short review - just did MUC-MEX & LAX-FRA in new J.
It was also my first long haul flight on LH metal.

General comments:
- seat is comfortable
- there is very limited privacy
- someone who invented (and approved) this V position where you get kicked (or kick) your neighbour while sleeping should burn in hell - it makes sense only for couples
- service is good, food is fine
- you need extra light to find USB or headphones jack
- limited storage space (excluing UD window seats)

MUC-MEX: 346, middle seat - so easy isle access.
- person sitting next to me kicked me few times while sleeping waking me up
- AC was bad - it was always too cold or too hot
- cable of my personal headphones got blocked somewhere inside the seat, and it took 15 minutes and 3 FAs to get it free
- newer IFE, better quality, but limited content

LAX-FRA: 748, UD, window seat (84k)
- AC was working fine
- very nice UD cabin
- older IFE, same limited content
- good storage space because of windows-side lockers
- extra storage in front of the seat (row 84) to put stuff for FAs to take away

In general - I would prefer to have more privacy, and separation to avoid kicking/playing footsie.
For that reason I prefer new AA, BA CW, LX and EK which I usually fly. But next time I'll have to fly LH I'll be fine with it.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by gregpodpl
In general - I would prefer to have more privacy, and separation to avoid kicking/playing footsie.
For that reason I prefer new AA, BA CW, LX and EK which I usually fly. But next time I'll have to fly LH I'll be fine with it.
Good review and good to know what is awaiting for me soon in A346 and B748, thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Good review and good to know what is awaiting for me soon in A346 and B748, thanks.
+1: Thanks!

B748 I have found the lower deck in the middle is quite comfortable. How this will transfer to the B744 with three seats in the middle is somewhat more questionable.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
+1: Thanks!

B748 I have found the lower deck in the middle is quite comfortable. How this will transfer to the B744 with three seats in the middle is somewhat more questionable.
Are not the lower deck dimensions on the 744 the same as the 748 (at least in width)?

I will be interested to hear how the nose cabin works out.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by N1003U
Are not the lower deck dimensions on the 744 the same as the 748 (at least in width)?
Thats what I thought, but still the plans foresees three seats:

http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p..._935020736.pdf
http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p...1950972408.pdf
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:37 am

Just got off FD (Giessen) and I had seat 1D (2-class bird). At the bulkhead the footwell is well separated so footsie with the neighbors is kept to a minimum. I would recommend it for whoever wants the most privacy. Despite being a short-ish flight, service was nice attentive, maybe because half of the cabin went straight to sleep without having dinner. Overall I like the new product, although I wish LH had chosen pods.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
just for me to understand the excitement level for the new C/CL which I do not share: Who of you asking here about the refurbishment status have actually already flown in this and find it superior to old C/CL in aspects of ability to sleep, comfort, space, privacy.
Many here seem so excited about the new C/CL.. I think it is subpar.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mamb0
just for me to understand the excitement level for the new C/CL which I do not share: Who of you asking here about the refurbishment status have actually already flown in this and find it superior to old C/CL in aspects of ability to sleep, comfort, space, privacy.
Many here seem so excited about the new C/CL.. I think it is subpar.
On the 748 I find the new product to be much better for sleeping in C class. I am not saying it is perfect- in fact I prefer many other products including even surprisingly DL- however it is a big step up from the old business.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
On the 748 I find the new product to be much better for sleeping in C class. I am not saying it is perfect- in fact I prefer many other products including even surprisingly DL- however it is a big step up from the old business.
Agree. I have only flown new C on the B748i and find it miles better than the old C in terms of sleep and comfort and IFE of course. No difference in terms of privacy.

Will test the A343 soon and let you know if I still like it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.