Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: warakorn
VC has announced a stike phase from 0am on 02APR14 till 11.59pm on 04APR14:

Die VC wird ihre Mitglieder vom 02. April 00.00 Uhr bis 04. April 23.59 Uhr zum bundesweiten Arbeitskampf zur Durchsetzung eines neuen Tarifvertrages Übergangsversorgung aufrufen.
Expect massive advance cancellations. VC pilots only operate LH Mainline A32S, B737 and longhaul widebodies, so expect cancellations on such flights.

The current list of cancellations can be found here:
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/de/flight_services/cancelled_flights?nodeid=118127922&l=de&cid=18002

Or just open your booking and take a look.

Once the cancellation is announced LH allows rebooking online or via the phone. The exact procedure is described here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1541419-flyertalk-vielfliegertreff-lufthansa-irreg-interview.html

According to EU passenger rights regulation EC261/2004 article 8, the operating carrier (Lufthansa) is responsible to reroute passengers under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at the earliest opportunity.
Article 8 also applies in situations like strikes.

Tickets issued for 2-4APR just received a waiver to rebook for free:

Announced strike of the pilots union from April, 2nd – 4th, 2014
The pilots union “Vereinigung Cockpit” (VC) has called upon its members at Lufthansa, Lufthansa Cargo and Germanwings to cease work for three days from Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 00:00, to Friday, 4th April 2014, at 23:59 at all German airports.

In order to keep impact of the strike as low as possible, Lufthansa will inform its customers about details of flight cancellations and alternative travel options via www.LH.com as soon as possible. Customers, who advised their contact information, will be informed by e-mail and SMS notifications about changes of their flights.

Lufthansa will publish a list with cancelled flights as well as information for passenger services on Monday afternoon, 31st March 2014.

Passengers holding a Lufthansa/SWISS/Austrian Airlines or Brussels ticket for flights on April 2nd – April 4th, 2014 from/to/via Germany, are permitted to rebook their flight once free of charge online via My Bookings with immediate effect, provided that:

- the ticket was issued on/before March 28th, 2014
- the new travel date is on/before September 30th, 2014
- the original ticket class remains
- all other fare conditions are adhered to

Passengers may also contact our service center on +49(0)69-86-799-799* or via one of our local phone numbers.

* Calls from German landlines at local rates, call charges from German mobile networks may vary dependent upon the provider
Print Wikipost

VC Pilots Strike 02-04 APR 2014 [discussion & info wiki]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by kanor
Havent read through the whole thread sorry. One question regarding this only LH/4U:

So will OS pilots strike too?
No, that sentence is just to show that LH Group has the same policy. If you are not on LH or 4U metal your flight will operate normally.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems LH did make an offer to VC yesterday:
Obviously, they were unimpressed by the offer...
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by kanor
Havent read through the whole thread sorry. One question regarding this only LH/4U:

So will OS pilots strike too?
12 minutes on the phone, got some of the last tickets via VIE, LH(K) -> OS(H+U), this is a (reasonably) good day
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
What is the LH protocol here for other airlines' tickets?

We're holding a UA-issued award ticket 1 Apr BOS-FRA LH F => 2 Apr FRA-BKK LH F => 3 Apr BKK-HKG TG F. Inventory on the 2 April FRA-BKK flight is zeroed out.

We're willing to fly a day earlier, and there is room on FRA-BKK and BKK-HKG one day earlier, but there isn't LH F partner award inventory on the earlier BOS-FRA sector (although the flight is F3). I do not see good partner award inventory to replace FRA-BKK.

Are we supposed to call UA and have them say "we can't do anything about this, it's a LH flight problem", then call LH and have them say "we can't do anything about this, it's not our ticket" and just show up at the FCT and hope for the best? What outcome can we expect here?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by mherdeg
Are we supposed to call UA and have them say "we can't do anything about this, it's a LH flight problem", then call LH and have them say "we can't do anything about this, it's not our ticket" and just show up at the FCT and hope for the best? What outcome can we expect here?
Same situation here. Called LH and was told I need to call UA. Called UA and was asked to call back later as their system is not showing the strike advisory yet.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by whp35
Same situation here. Called LH and was told I need to call UA. Called UA and was asked to call back later as their system is not showing the strike advisory yet.
I guess you will have to wait until MAR31 when they announce the cancellations and then phone UA.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by whp35
Anyone have any updates at 10:52a CST I called LH and they also said to call UA. I don't want to waste time and call UA for them to say call back because they haven't announced the flight advisory.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:55 am

I am on Aeroplan award:
Apr 1 YVR-MUC 18:40-13:55+1 LH F
Apr 2 MUC-BKK 21:50-13:30+1 TG F

Are my flights affected? April 1st 18:40 PST is already April 2nd in Europe. And the flight arrives at MUC on April 2nd.

Also, are any airport services at MUC affected, which could make a connection to TG difficult?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:02 am

No, that sentence is just to show that LH Group has the same policy. If you are not on LH or 4U metal your flight will operate normally.
So i'm guessing that LH flight number operated by Eurowings would also be fine and operating as per schedule?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:26 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
The strike will only impact LH Mainline and 4U. So if you are not on longhaul, A32S, or B737 equipment your flight will operate as normal.
At least some LH Regional (CityLine) flights have been zeroed out, too. I was looking at MUC-PAD-MUC for next week.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK*G (not matched)
Originally Posted by echino
I am on Aeroplan award:
Apr 1 YVR-MUC 18:40-13:55+1 LH F
Apr 2 MUC-BKK 21:50-13:30+1 TG F
Tickets for LH477 on 1 APR are still on sale so it's highly likely that your plans are not affected.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK*G (not matched)
Originally Posted by ddorfer86
So i'm guessing that LH flight number operated by Eurowings would also be fine and operating as per schedule?
On LH it specifically says:
"Ausnahme: Germanwings-Flüge, die von Eurowings durchgeführt werden, sind nicht vom Streik betroffen."
"Exception: All Germanwings flights operated by Eurowings are not affected by the strike."
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA *A (Gold), Avis (Gold), Marriott (Gold)
Update

It was just reported on the TV in Munich (CNN) that a three day strike has been called. This is supposed to start April 1.

Also found at:

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Travel-information

Last edited by subordinateflyer; Mar 28, 2014 at 2:53 pm Reason: Added site
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by subordinateflyer
It was just reported on the TV in Munich (CNN) that a three day strike has been called. This is supposed to start April 1.

Also found at:

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Travel-information
That is the pilots' strike for a change... See the dedicated sticky thread...
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by cas_de
Because they're a union and most unions have lost touch with reality.
Well the unions have managers too ... so the influx of divorce-from-reality is unavoidable ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.