Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the less expensive way to try F in a LH 747-400 ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
What is the less expensive way to try F in a LH 747-400 ?

I have seen several trip reports and as a flight-junkie I really would like to try the First Class Bed in the upper deck of a 747-400. What is the least expensive route out of FRA ?

Flying ex-FRA would allow me to try the FCT.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Will you be using miles or is it on a regular fare?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by MoritzT
Will you be using miles or is it on a regular fare?
Regular fare
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:34 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by londonfog
I have seen several trip reports and as a flight-junkie I really would like to try the First Class Bed in the upper deck of a 747-400. What is the least expensive route out of FRA ?

Flying ex-FRA is unlikely to be the least expensive way to fly LH F. Try starting from elsewhere and connect through FRA. You can visit FCL in transit, and if transit is long enough can go to FCT.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:37 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
You can try if the 744 serves any of these routes... and find someone else to travel with you.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22501421-post1516.html
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
If you are flying as a hobby you should really look into using miles instead of buying full fare...

A-fares ex CAI are still very competitive. So are A-fares ex India.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AMS-HNL in A is a good deal too. I hear YVR-EWR and SIN-BKK could be had for a decent price...
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by SMK77
A-fares ex CAI are still very competitive.
But you still have to endure flying couple of hours in the hell of NEK on the CAI-FRA-CAI sectors
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
AMS-HNL in A is a good deal too. I hear YVR-EWR and SIN-BKK could be had for a decent price...
Yes, with hand baggage only for the latter two on tickets booked within two weeks of travel. .... using miles.

There is cheaper.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Apart from possibly AMS-HNL via FRA, other suggestions aren't much use if the OP wants to try LH F on the 747-400 and visit the FCT.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by londonfog

Having flown the LH 744s in F many times, I can tell you that the bed and seat concept isn't as attractive once you actually experience it.

You see, on the 744s, F is on the upper deck and each seat is very close to the adjacent seat. Unlike the other new F seats on the rest of the LH fleet, there are no privacy partitions that raise from the seat itself to create a more private environment. Also, the 744s have ancient lavatories in F, nothing like the new modern F lavatories on other LH aircrafts.

To me, the new F on A333/343/346/380 and B747-8I aircraft have a far greater luxurious feel.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Lifemiles intra-Asia F Awards ... BKK-FRA-NRT

Need to hurry though before F gets canned on BKK.

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
But you still have to endure flying couple of hours in the hell of NEK on the CAI-FRA-CAI sectors
No need to suffer LH NEK as you can also fly on MS in C to FRA with a proper C cabin.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Although I prefer flying LX, I survived the OS NEK on CAI-VIE without any health issues.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambuster
No need to suffer LH NEK as you can also fly on MS in C to FRA with a proper C cabin.
But then you'd have to live without the booze. I personally don't mind it and I have done MS C on both the A333 and 77W, nice hard product! But some people aren't too keen on the concept of dry airlines
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by LH4116
But then you'd have to live without the booze. I personally don't mind it and I have done MS C on both the A333 and 77W, nice hard product! But some people aren't too keen on the concept of dry airlines
Hmmmm. Tough choice: better seating or a glass of wine at 4 am
Of course I would choose better seating for four hours than a glass of wine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.