Brussels Airlines Business Upgrade at Desk

Old Feb 25, 14, 9:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by cadencotard View Post
I just don't like the idea of an old plane that belonged to 10 different airlines - remember the Chinese B747 crash?
Well, LH Technik brought the SN A330s to a single standard during the new C and Y makeover. All modification(s) made or ordered by previous owner(s) were rectified.
Old Feb 25, 14, 9:35 am

Programs: LH, EY, Marriott
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
I can't think of a single airline where an upgrade actually changes the terms of the underlying ticket.
AFAIK, all airlines using Optiontown for last-minute upgrades (such as JP and SK in *A) reissue your ticket and change the fare class to a business one, thereby changing the amount of miles earned as well.
Old Feb 25, 14, 9:44 am

OS' red|upgrade also rebooks into P, so if you have a Y/B ticket you are in for a surprise.
Old Feb 25, 14, 9:48 am

Hahah, brilliant! Although, it should basically be cheaper to upfare from Y/B than use red|upgrade, right?
Old Feb 25, 14, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by cadencotard View Post
Hello!

I need to go to New York for just a quick 4 night trip on March 14. I've booked my tickets with Brussels Airlines (SN501/SN502) in Economy.
Since I'll need to be well rested when I come back to Brussels (I have to head to the city as soon as I land - also I have another trip to New York planned for 2 weeks later so I better not play too much with jet lag and stuff) I was wondering how much an upgrade to Business Class would be at the gate? I'm extremely afraid of flying (I fly a lot and it's getting worse and worse) and flying business definitely helps ease the pain (I flew Virgin Atlantic's Upper Class last year and it really made a difference) but I'm not willing to spend more than $800 just for a few hours of rest (don't really care about the food/wine/champagne nor the IFE since I'll have my computer with me). I know that many airlines offer good deals at the desk (I've heard stories about World Traveller Economy + upgrades being offered for only $150 on most British Airways flights if upgraded at the desk - right now when I try to upgrade my April flight to Newark it costs $630 each leg).

I've been searching online but since Brussels Airlines is such a small airline there's not much information from customers... Hope this helps future customers too!
If you can't afford J, just take a powerful sleeping pill that will knock you out for the entire flight.
Old Feb 26, 14, 8:17 am

Whats there to be afraid of? traveling at 560 mph at 35k feet for 8 hours with only an inch or so standing between you and immediate decompression and eye popping demise? Nah... Sorry....
Old Feb 26, 14, 9:05 am

I presume you had the eye-popping scene from Total Recall in mind Alas, decompression is much less dramatic than most people imagine, even at that altitude, and besides, when you're sitting in a metal tube weighing hundreds of tons, it makes little difference whether you're at 100 metres or 10,000 metres
Old Feb 26, 14, 11:37 am

How much do these upgrades typically sell for?
Old Feb 26, 14, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123 View Post
How much do these upgrades typically sell for?

Right now the lowest bid is 600EUR each leg. So I'm guessing if you wanna make sure to have a Business Class seat you're going to have to spend at least 800EUR (there's a little arrow that goes from red to green indicating the chances to score a seat).

As for the fear of flying jokes: I know about depressurization and how it's actually not that big a deal. Life was so much easier before AF447! I remember back then I was only scared during take-off, and just a little bit scared when landing. Now it's just non-stop.

"Well, LH Technik brought the SN A330s to a single standard during the new C and Y makeover. All modification(s) made or ordered by previous owner(s) were rectified.
"
Yes, I was just thinking about metal fatigue...
Old Apr 10, 14, 7:27 am

Business seat upgrade brussel airlines

Hi

At the end if April I am flying from yyz to nbo and connecting in bru. I have an economy ticket. Does anyone have any experience trying to upgrade at bru airport counter to business class on brussel airlines? How much does it usually cost?

Thanks
Old Apr 10, 14, 7:58 am

See post #4 of this thread.
Old Mar 15, 16, 2:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5-star
Cash upgrade BRU-JFK are offerted for 600-800 depending on booking class. 450 if economy is oversold.
Old Apr 29, 17, 1:32 pm

Programs: United Gold
Complementary upgrade on SN?

I am pretty pleased after just getting a complementary upgrade to business at the ticketing desk for SN in ACC. I'm UA *G booked on S-class economy on 016 ticket, and did not realize this was even possible. Perhaps when I pulled out my *G membership card and asked about lounge access, the friendly agent decided to give me the upgrade. I had even left the desk and was on my way to the gate when he called me back and changed my boarding pass! Has anyone ever experienced something similar on SN or other *A carriers?
Old Apr 29, 17, 2:18 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gandalf29 View Post
I am pretty pleased after just getting a complementary upgrade to business at the ticketing desk for SN in ACC. I'm UA *G booked on S-class economy on 016 ticket, and did not realize this was even possible. Perhaps when I pulled out my *G membership card and asked about lounge access, the friendly agent decided to give me the upgrade. I had even left the desk and was on my way to the gate when he called me back and changed my boarding pass! Has anyone ever experienced something similar on SN or other *A carriers?
This is quite an often occurrence in ACC. Most of the airline managers at Kotoka airport have the autonomy to upgrade pax as they see fit, and they exercise this right normally when they:
  • Have a personal relationship with the passenger in question
  • Have been given money under the table
  • See an "obruni" (white person) who they see as deserving of an upgrade, especially if they have status/are dressed well

In all my travels starting in ACC in Y, I am upgraded most of the time on TK, EK, SN, KQ, ET and KL because of the relationship I share with many of the managers due to my wife owning a travel agency.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: