Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 747-400 JFK-FRA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

What is the best row in first class on the 747-400? Row 81 or 83?

Also what lounge access do I have when I arrive at Frankfurt? I am flying Thai first class onwards to BKK.

Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive Elite
I am a big fan of 83. It just feels more spacious rather then being right up against the bulkhead.

You will have access to the LH F lounges in FRA but not the FCT. You will also have access to the JFK F lounge. I usually sit in the LH Senator lounge just cause its a bit more spacious and just run upstairs to the bar there if I want something special.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 10:49 pm

I was 83H on NRT-FRA and 81H on FRA-JFK a few weeks back.

I liked row 81 more. The beverage cart is in front of you in 83H. The front row also feels cozier/more private as you can't see anyone else other than whoever else is in row 81.

Like the poster above me said - 83 will feel more spacious. That said, this is a cabin where you cannot pick a "bad seat" and there'll be more space for you than you can figure out how to use.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 11:31 pm

Is row 82 taken? I sat in 82H and loved it. It was so quiet and no one passed by except the cabin crew. I hardly noticed the beverage cart behind me. I also don't like bulkhead seats and prefer sitting further back to take in the cabin ambiance.

Enjoy First Class on the 744! I was rather blown away by my experience both in terms of the hard product and service--in my opinion the seat and cabin are even more impressive in person. I was actually trying to switch to the A380 or 748, but now I'm glad I got the 744!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Row 82 is the best on the current Upper Deck configuration.

Row 83 used to be a favorite because of the emergency exit when the config was 2-2.

Nowadays, row 82 is not right in front of the wall and all the FA 'traffic' happens behind you.

Row 82 is my first choice, followed by 81, followed by 83 and you better rebook before you sit in 84... :-)
Old Feb 8, 2014, 5:39 am
Original Poster

82 actually opened up, so I chose 82.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Row 82 gets a lot of traffic, as the left side has a cabin attendant jumpseat behind it and the right side has a serving station right behind it as well and sometimes you even feel the vibrations from the cabin crew opening and closing the drawers and panels of this such serving station, especially with male cabin crew who tend not to be as gentle as female ones.

Also, those of you who are very tall will face a cabin attendant during take off and landing if you choose 82C.

I guess other flyers have been luckier than me, but I'd take row 81 over 82.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Reading this I saw about the drink cart and got a bit worried, but realized that I'll be in 82 so it'll be behind me. But then again not worried about really sleeping (other than the novelty of 2-3 hours in the dedicated bed since I'll be doing a day FRA-JFK flight rather than an overnight.
I agree with what most people say, I don't like bulkheads as I feel I am on a time out and have been sent to the corner!
Originally I was going to be in 1 on my UA GlobalFirst flights to and from Sydney but also went for the 2nd row in that which I feel like on 82/83 here you can "take in the ambience".
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fly747first
Row 82 gets a lot of traffic, as the left side has a cabin attendant jumpseat behind it and the right side has a serving station right behind it as well and sometimes you even feel the vibrations from the cabin crew opening and closing the drawers and panels of this such serving station, especially with male cabin crew who tend not to be as gentle as female ones.

Also, those of you who are very tall will face a cabin attendant during take off and landing if you choose 82C.

I guess other flyers have been luckier than me, but I'd take row 81 over 82.

Do you mean 83? Trying to look at cabin photos on Google but on SeatGuru it hows the jump seat being behind 83.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: TK Elite+
The best seat is absolutely 83H in my opinion. Perfect in terms of privacy, getting attended to as well as for a quick waltz if you get restless.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by JVPhoto

Do you mean 83? Trying to look at cabin photos on Google but on SeatGuru it hows the jump seat being behind 83.
Sorry, indeed, 83C is the one that faces the FA, not 82C.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: DL 3MM/FC/DM LT; LH FT LT; HH DIA
Row 81

I preferred to be seated in row 83 in the past in the old configuration (83A) and for some reason keep using 83C....guess habit!

After reading that others prefer 81 I booked 81C on my last flight and I am not so sure....most of the pax use the forward lavatory and you notice the door opening and closing and hear the flushing

Back to seat 83C on my next flight since 82C which I agree is the best was taken already

Last edited by vielflieger; Feb 14, 2014 at 8:09 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.