Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leaking 787 on LOT 7 JFK-WAW

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Leaking 787 on LOT 7 JFK-WAW

I recently flew the new LOT 787 from JFK to WAW and booked a window seat somewhere in the middle of cattle class overlooking the wing. The second a sat on the seat I felt a small splash of water on my head and figured one of the kids around was playing so just annoyingly let it go.

Couple of minutes later some more water started dripping so I looked up and there was a bunch of condensation on the overhead bin dripping my way. The plane just started taxing so I got up and moved to pretty much the only available aisle seat in the middle row.

When I looked around there were bunch of napkins stuck in the overhead bins and probably 10-15 seats had the same problem as mine on both sides (on the window seats only). The staff was actually quite rude and didn't really pay attention to the complaining travelers and only grudgingly offered to re-seat them in middle row seats (while loudly announcing on the intercom that premium seats are available for purchase).

Have you seen other leaking 787s? I figured it was condensation from AC but really hoped the plane is safe to fly and then LOT fixing it with paper napkins ... not cool
Old Feb 2, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Yes, this is AC issue. Once I had the same problem with LO on their 767.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: BalticMiles, LH SEN, FlyingBlue
Have experienced this while seated in window seat also on some LOT Embraers, AA Embraer 145, LH 747-400, LH A380, LH A320, AC B777. So this is nothing new.

Most worrying what I have seen has been on United A320 when during taxi and takeoff from AC vents started coming something like smoke/fog (especially during takeoff when engines were running at max power) that subsided shortly after takeoff... It was not pleasant flight...
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Dripping condensation, or fog, are very common on aircraft. Not a safety issue at all, though can of course be unpleasant if it's above you.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:16 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Dripping condensation, or fog, are very common on aircraft. Not a safety issue at all, though can of course be unpleasant if it's above you.
My understanding is that dripping condensation is typically from moisture that froze to the inside of exterior skin during flight. Once the flight lands and the plane begins to warm up this moisture will begin to melt off.

I could see how this would be a greater issue for the 787 since they supposedly keep the cabin at higher humidity.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
This is very normal on planes.
I almost lost my three seats in Y, because another passenger wanted to move onto the free two seats, because of a dripping AC. Well, I told him it is dripping there, as well.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Well that makes me fell better safety wise but still sucks. You have a brand new plane looking spacious I would say with a bunch of paper towels sticking everywhere

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.