Brussels New/Cancelled Routes and Changes

Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Brussels New/Cancelled Routes and Changes

Today SN announced a big (for SN) expansion of it's network:
- New Summer destinations: Ajaccio, Athens, Bari, Bastia, Cagliari, Figari, Malta, Montpellier and Seville.
- New year-round destinations: Krakow and Warsaw
- Higher frequencies: Florence, Palermo, Marseille, Catania and Madrid

In total 400K extra seats per year.

Lounge refurbishment confirmed for end of 2014, will be in the current locations.

A new FFP for SN point-to-point customers alongside M&M. Details TBC.
4 classes instead of the current 3 (business, b.flex, b.light). Details TBC.

Exact dates not known.

Full press release here
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: LH HON, EK Plat, QR Plat, TK EP
Originally Posted by Ghentleman
New year-round destinations: Krakow and Warsaw
Booyah! Very nice ^.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 4:07 pm

I'm excited for the new loyalty programme, I wonder if it will be SN only or entire LH group? I mean I know that we will be able to credit to it anyway, but if it will be throughout the entire LH Group like M&M
Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Interesting.
If there is something more rewarding than M&M here could be useful for SN flights? Is this in response perhaps to the LCC expansion aggressively this year into Bruxelles?
If I had to guess -- and I'm just guessing -- I'd say yes and yes.

LH's program isn't a very attractive program for those of us who fly to BRU often and have non-stop or nearly equally direct options available on it.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Originally Posted by CzeSEN
Booyah! Very nice ^.
Lot is going to be upset. It was one their 3 most profitable routes since they had monopoly on BRU-WAW Nice job SN!
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most of the routes are not new at all are they not? Just resumptions. Four products on a short-haul aircraft seems quite crazy. Only way it can go is no free bag, would they really take away seat selection at OLCI? Not much else to remove...perhaps those in the fourth category get the seats with the chewing gum in the ashtrays!
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Most of the routes are not new at all are they not? Just resumptions. Four products on a short-haul aircraft seems quite crazy. Only way it can go is no free bag, would they really take away seat selection at OLCI? Not much else to remove...perhaps those in the fourth category get the seats with the chewing gum in the ashtrays!
I'd guess the degree of flexibility to change or cancel flights will play a role in differentiating these products.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by mmff
I'd guess the degree of flexibility to change or cancel flights will play a role in differentiating these products.
b.light (it's so delightful to type this) already has no flexibility. The next step would be you buy a ticket, SN tells you when you get to fly?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Originally Posted by malmostoso
b.light (it's so delightful to type this) already has no flexibility. The next step would be you buy a ticket, SN tells you when you get to fly?
b.light has some flexibility, at a fee.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:59 pm

I did not say they would reduce the flexibility of the current b.light fares.

What I meant is that it is perfectly possible to have 4 different product offers in Y. Look at TP, for example (4 different products in Y and all of them with a free bag).
Old Feb 1, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AB Gold, LH FTL, ST ElitePlus, HH Gold, LeClub Plat, Melia Gold
Hopefully the changes will come with a new website???
(for instance to de facto benefit from pre-OLCI seat selection...)
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: A3*G
So the new products have been pre-announced, or rather the new product (below b.light) and re-naming of the existing three :

http://press.brusselsairlines.com/tr...euwe-producten

With check&go, Brussels Airlines will more than ever appeal to the price-sensitive consumer, who is looking for a cheap flight, who travels without checked luggage, who is willing to buy a snack or drink on board and who is satisfied with a ticket without flexibility. Check&go return tickets are very competitive and will be available from 69 euro, taxes and fees included.

light&relax, available from 109 euro (return) is a travel product offering excellent value for money to passengers who travel with checked luggage, who want to choose their seat on the plane during reservation and who want a modifiable ticket.

With flex&fast, an upgrade of the existing b.flex economy+ product, Brussels Airlines wants to better respond to the needs of the business traveler who doesnt want to lose time at the airport (check-in priority, fast lane at security) nor on board (seats in the front of the aircraft), who want to be able to modify their tickets and enjoy a meal and drinks on board.

biz&class is Brussels Airlines' new business class product. Biz&class passengers will enjoy a premium service, including access to the soon to be opened new Brussels Airlines lounges at Brussels Airport, a new gourmet & fine dining experience on board which can be selected during reservation, more luggage allowance and of course advantages such as a free middle seat.
Basically a new "hand luggage only" fare, like many others are doing.
Quite good to lower the basic fees.

But still disappointing that it'll only be available 6 weeks from now, still no details on the "family friendly" FFP. It's always annoying when a new product is announced but not available.

(oh, and why not one-way fare...)
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by GVAxBRU

Basically a new "hand luggage only" fare, like many others are doing.
Quite good to lower the basic fees.
Thanks for posting this.
If lounge access (with status) is not enhanced away with the cheapest fares, this is a winner for me. I'll even take a seat after row 15 if necessary
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: A3*G
Thanks for posting this.
If lounge access (with status) is not enhanced away with the cheapest fares, this is a winner for me. I'll even take a seat after row 15 if necessary
There's no reason it will be taken away, especially the ones required by Star Alliance agreements.

I already used the "GVA Economy Light" fare from LX, which is a similar hand-luggage only fare, and still got all the *G advantages (fastlane, lounge, prio boarding, 500 miles). I didn't check luggage, but could have had one for free.

Sot, I just hope they'll keep their actual seat assignment process as long as possible.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 3:06 am

Programs: UA
SN opens BRU-YYZ + more

Today Brussels Airlines announced they will add 2 additional A330's to the long haul fleet and that they will open a new route to Toronto. Flights will be loaded next week.

http://press.brusselsairlines.com/br...nental-growth#

Some more information regarding the TATL market:

BRU-YYZ: 5x weekly (new, starting S16)
BRU-IAD: 6x weekly (up from 5x weekly)
BRU-JFK: daily (no changes)

In addition UA will start a 2nd daily BRU-EWR rotation operated with a Boeing 767 in addition to the 777 rotation, startdate will also be S16

No exact hours or flightnumbers known yet, next week all flights should be loaded.

SN is also talking with AI to open the BRU-BOM route but nothing decided yet at this point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.