Community
Wiki Posts
Search

45 mins in CDG and 1 hr in FRA, will I make it?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

I have a connection from BKK-CDG on TG and then have 45 mins to catch a flight CDG-FRA on LH and then have 1 hr to catch another from FRA-DFW. Do you think I will make it both at CDG and FRA? I am very nervous here.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by jrey
I have a connection from BKK-CDG on TG and then have 45 mins to catch a flight CDG-FRA on LH and then have 1 hr to catch another from FRA-DFW. Do you think I will make it both at CDG and FRA? I am very nervous here.
You should be nervous. Your scheduling is crazy... No way to make it...

Since your connection at CDG has illegal MCT, I am guessing that it is not on one ticket. IMHO, be ready for disaster...

Connection in FRA is legal, but...

Last edited by vbroucek; Jan 24, 2014 at 9:10 pm
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:51 pm
Suspended

No way
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: LH HON, EK Plat, QR Plat, TK EP
45 minutes at CDG? You will, with high probability, not make it.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

United let me book this. Will they let me change with no change fee?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Are you saying it is on one ticket? Since it is illegal MCT (at CDG), they should not let you to book it... I would use that as an argument for fee free change... But don't have any experience with United bookings and rules... On the other hand, if they let you book it and ticketed it, then it will be their responsibility to get you to your final destination...

Last edited by vbroucek; Jan 24, 2014 at 10:01 pm
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Yes. One ticket.

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Quote:

Are you saying it is on one ticket? Since it is illegal MCT (at CDG), they should not let you to book it... I would use that as an argument for fee free change... But don't have any experience with United bookings and rules... On the other hand, if they let you book it and ticketed it, then it will be their responsibility to get you to your final destination...
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Just called united and was told that 45 min is legal. Not sure what to do now.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:49 pm

If you make it you should start playing the lottery.
If not - it is on one ticket, so the airlines need to rebook you on other flights to your final destination (it does not matter if there is space in your booking class or award space if you travel on one).
Prepare yourself and look at alternate ways of getting there first on the airlines involved, second on Star and third on any airline and suggest these flights in case you don't make it. You will get there, the question is when.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Just called united and was told that 45 min is legal. Not sure what to do now.
Call again. Insist it is illegal. Ask for a supervisor if necessary.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: LH HON, EK Plat, QR Plat, TK EP
I assume you're on TG 930 to CDG... Then what, what LH flight number?

Even if you arrive and depart from terminal 1, your MCT is 60 minutes – and even that I consider insufficient, taking into account immigration into Schengen area, etc.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
its a good opportunity to fish for eu261 though
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan, flying blue, BAEC, FLYING CLUB, MILES & MORE
I am watching this topic coz we want to book MAN-JNB with 1 hr 5 minutes layover in FRA. I am still debating if it is feasible. The flight is much cheaper than other options.
Sorry OP as this doesn't help you.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, flying blue, BAEC, FLYING CLUB, MILES & MORE
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
If you make it you should start playing the lottery.
If not - it is on one ticket, so the airlines need to rebook you on other flights to your final destination (it does not matter if there is space in your booking class or award space if you travel on one).
Prepare yourself and look at alternate ways of getting there first on the airlines involved, second on Star and third on any airline and suggest these flights in case you don't make it. You will get there, the question is when.
Are airlines obliged to do this? I thought they will just blame the traveller or make you pay for the change even if all booked on one ticket?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BoiA
I am watching this topic coz we want to book MAN-JNB with 1 hr 5 minutes layover in FRA. I am still debating if it is feasible. The flight is much cheaper than other options.
Sorry OP as this doesn't help you.
Your situation is quite different from the OP's. Yours is a legal connection which LH sell on their website. If you can afford to fly the following day in case you miss the connection LH will put you up in a hotel in FRA and put you on the next available flight.

They are unlikely to hold the JNB flight for long because of the curfew at FRA but the evening flight from MAN often docks at a Z gate making the connection much smoother (no transfer security).

You may like to look at the first post of the FRA connection thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.