Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
SAS to leave PartnerPlusBenefit

Just received the following e-mail from LH:

Originally Posted by LH PartnerPlus
PartnerPlusBenefit would like to advise our members that member airline
Scandinavian Airlines System, ‘SAS’, will leave the programme from the start of March 2014.

PartnerPlusBenefit members can accrue BenefitPoints on applicable SAS flights flown up to and including 02 March 2014, after which no further BenefitPoints accrual will be possible. BenefitPoints can be redeemed up to 3 years after the date of the flown flight sector, after which they will automatically expire.

<snip>
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Just received the following e-mail from LH:
There was no benefit anyway so it really doesn't matter.

The PartnerPlus program is a borderline insult and certainly if you calculate the time to administer it has a very negative NPV, ROI, or any other calculation you want to make.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
I'm going to bump this thread as I didn't see anything else recent regarding PartnerPlusBenefit.

It looks like they enhanced the BenefitFreeFlights, in some cases by crazy factors. It's nice they didn't bother to announce it. Some could consider it imminent since changes to the program were announced last month, like merging StarAllianceCompanyPlus into PartnerPlusBenefit.

They usually show historic award charts, but now that URL doesn't work for me. There's probably a VFT thread about it, I didn't take the time to go there. I'm glad I used most of my points last year. Unfortunately this devaluation has raised the cost of the short awards I was looking at by 30-50%. In one very particular case the increase was 521.85%, in other words it's 6.2 times the old rate.

I also don't recall if NH was a partner before, but maybe they were.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Maybe a retaliation?

SK improved their FFP: 100% on all Eco fares, nice new tiers, lower tier threshold, nice fares - so a little warning before they go 25% as TK.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Maybe a retaliation?

SK improved their FFP: 100% on all Eco fares, nice new tiers, lower tier threshold, nice fares - so a little warning before they go 25% as TK.
SK gave some more explanation when Lufthansa left their equivalent program. (not comparing benefits or usefulness of the two as I know neither in detail) Due to the Atlantic joint venture with UA, AC, etc., LH had to reduce some relations with airlines outside the JV. Which also means that SK does not codeshare on LH flights over the Atlantic anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.