Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff <> Lufthansa IRREG Interview

Old Feb 25, 14, 10:47 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by N1003U View Post
Are there differences in accommodation arrangements from LH for HONs vs. SEN vs. FTL vs. no status in IRROPS, e.g. type of hotel accommodation, restaurant vouchers, etc.?..
Is there a difference betwen SEN and FTL? I mean could FTL get less than zero?

I was always refused a hotel when stranding in FRA grace to LH. In MUC we were at least offered a slow shuttle to something like a hostel (with no drink and food available anymore).

Other than QF and SQ no other airline has ever refused to put me in a hotel when getting stranded. With UA it was mostly something down to Earth but decent, and AC, TG, NH, and NZ always were most generous in their hotel offerings.

SCORE won't improve this, I bet.
Old Mar 3, 14, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
Hi- I don't think the status changes the accommodations- or at least as both a SEN and a HON I have always been accommodated at the Sheraton FRA if there is space available.
I only have a sample size of n=1 but a few years ago in Munich when I was SEN, I was told that the Airport Kempinski rooms were blocked for HONs and F. I was sent to some hotel near the trade fair...
Old Mar 9, 14, 6:16 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by primetime23 View Post
I only have a sample size of n=1 but a few years ago in Munich when I was SEN, I was told that the Airport Kempinski rooms were blocked for HONs and F. I was sent to some hotel near the trade fair...
IIRC MUC was the only LH station which ever provided me with a motel during irrops (FRA instinctively pulls the "all is full" line). We had to take a shuttle bus to a nearby town with no 3G/LTE reception and were stored in a cottage-like motel which had no food or drink services. But hey the heating worked!
Old Nov 30, 14, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Solid Gold Dancer
How does strike rebooking work

I'm booked Tuesday night: LCY-FRA-VCE

I got text tonight saying VCE is cancelled. No word on rebooking or attempt to reach out to me.

I have to be in VCE by midday Wed. to transfer to a flight on Qatar. Yet you can't get through on the phone and the website wants to charge me for a flight change.

Apart from the criminality of Lufthansa not having the systems capabilities to deal with their regular labour disruptions, what is the normal process supposed to be?????
Old Dec 1, 14, 12:56 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
You have to call.....
Old Dec 1, 14, 1:34 am

How did you book your ticket?

If you used a TA, he or she should be able to do all the work for you. However, if you booked it directly with Lufthansa, you need to either call or sort it out online (if possible).
Old Dec 1, 14, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SCSA View Post
I'm booked Tuesday night: LCY-FRA-VCE

I got text tonight saying VCE is cancelled. No word on rebooking or attempt to reach out to me.

I have to be in VCE by midday Wed. to transfer to a flight on Qatar. Yet you can't get through on the phone and the website wants to charge me for a flight change.

Apart from the criminality of Lufthansa not having the systems capabilities to deal with their regular labour disruptions, what is the normal process supposed to be?????
or just buy a BA OneWay to VCE
Old Feb 26, 19, 2:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Researching the interweb for a related topic, I found this document for Agents on how invol/irreg booking is handled by LH Group. Interesting read.

The LX & OS are also posted here: https://www.avia-centr.ru/en/news/20...keting-policy/
Attached Images
Old Feb 26, 19, 4:33 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
This forum is one of the places where I constantly read about terrible mishandling during irrops, especially on LX, and it really puts me off Lufthansa Group big time. I do hope that this is something that improves overall. Having said all that, I have so far been blessed enough to not have had too many bad experiences (the worst maybe was a 4U cancellation BSL-DUS, put in airport hotel, EU261 or whatever claim totally ignored. It was a Sunday night and quite a lot of business passengers, as opposed to leisure, had to be in DUS for work the next morning. I've had others, but always managed to wrangle my way out of the worst situations).
Old Feb 26, 19, 1:29 pm

Looking at that link what's "Marriage Breaks, OnD Bypass, Churning" and how can I do it?
chris63 and Nick Art like this.

Search this Thread