Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting Dusseldorf to UK in F - Lounge amenities?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Connecting Dusseldorf to UK in F - Lounge amenities?

I am travelling this week EWR - DUS - GLA with TA segment in F, connecting to J on DUS-GLA sector. I have tried to ascertain lounge facilities/access in DUS without success. Will I have access to LH lounge with shower facilities as i transit DUS?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by gordondd9
I am travelling this week EWR - DUS - GLA with TA segment in F, connecting to J on DUS-GLA sector. I have tried to ascertain lounge facilities/access in DUS without success. Will I have access to LH lounge with shower facilities as i transit DUS?
IIRC, the Sen lounge has two showers, might even be three, not sure about the Biz class lounge. Never took a shower in DUS.

Alternatively, being an SPG Plat, the Sheraton is on top of the airport parking structure, three minutes away from the baggage carousels.

The day rate should be around Euro 80, including a nice breakfast buffet for free on top of the 500 points for SPG Plat members, in case you have a longer layover. Sen lounge can get crowded in the morning and the buffet at the Sheraton is actually very nice.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:19 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
There is no First Class Lounge in DUS but you will have access to the SEN Lounge where there are showers. The only LH lounges in DUS are in Schengen so you will have to go through passport control twice, into Schengen and out of Schengen. However, as it is a fairly small airport this should not be a problem.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:56 pm

I am travelling this week EWR - DUS - GLA with TA segment in F,
Once the A343s are converted will this even be possible?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by sp4294
Once the A343s are converted will this even be possible?
is your question really, if it's possible to fly F to DUS once there is no more F cabin to DUS?!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:56 pm

[QUOTE=daumueller;22109112]is your question really, if it's possible to fly F to DUS once there is no more F cabin to DUS?! [/QUOTE

What was I was asking was if there will be any other LH F to/from DUS? I believe some flights from North America are still A333 ie: YYZ? Or will all be A343 two class?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: LH HON
[QUOTE=sp4294;22115621]
Originally Posted by daumueller
is your question really, if it's possible to fly F to DUS once there is no more F cabin to DUS?! [/QUOTE

What was I was asking was if there will be any other LH F to/from DUS? I believe some flights from North America are still A333 ie: YYZ? Or will all be A343 two class?
all DUS flights will become 2 Class as per best of my knowledge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.