Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH new C vs TK C (IST-XXX-PDX)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2013, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
LH new C vs TK C (IST-XXX-PDX)

I'm cashing in some of my horde of miles on a combo F/C trip to SE Asia and back in March.

My last stop is KTM, and then I'm headed home to PDX from there. I'm currently holding

KTM-IST (TK-C)
Overnight
IST-FRA (TK-C on A340)
FRA-IAD (LH new C on 748i)
IAD-PDX (UA Y on 757 with hope something will open up)

There is also availability on TK
IST-IAH (TK-C 777W)
IAH-PDX (UA Y on 738 with hope something will open up)

Which would you do? I'm very interested in trying the new Lufthansa business, but if the TK777 is worth experiencing and this means one fewer connection this might also be attractive.

I've got until midnight tomorrow to make a decision. Opinions welcome, thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
I would definitely take the TK. The seat is flat bed and the food is just great. Assuming nothing has changed, there is a chef on board in J and they really treat you well.

You have a much longer flight to enjoy the flat bed and J service, you avoid one connection, and your domestic flight is probably an hour shorter.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
How many threads on this trip do you need?
You already have this one in the *A forum.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I posted a different question related to the same trip in the Star Alliance forum two days ago and got no responses. I've got 24 hours until I need to ticket so I thought it would be worth asking the latest question in this forum. Not technically a cross-post.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:21 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I personally would try the TK legs via IST, and forget transiting in Germany, unless you really want to try the new biz on LH, which is not that great IMHO.

It is an improvement over the old LH biz seat, and you will also be flying on the 748i - otherwise not much more. (Well, you should have FlyNet on LH - if you want to stay connected)

I recently saw a TR with pix of the J lounge in IST - was incredible.

Haven't flown TK yet, but it's just a matter of time...

Originally Posted by LAX UA 1K
I would definitely take the TK. The seat is flat bed and the food is just great...You have a much longer flight to enjoy the flat bed and J service, you avoid one connection, and your domestic flight is probably an hour shorter.
Completely agree on the longer flights - you then have time to sleep/rest, while transiting via Germany I find the flights to the east coast too short to get any sleep in - always about 8 hour sectors. For me, 10+ hours is the sweet spot.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:52 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
(Well, you should have FlyNet on LH - if you want to stay connected)
There are some TK B77W's with Internet connection, too. Flew on one of them yesterday BKK-IST.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by TPJ
There are some TK B77W's with Internet connection, too. Flew on one of them yesterday BKK-IST.
Awesome news. ^

Been trying to see whether QR had it on their JFK aircraft, but they advised they did not...
Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TPJ
Yes, and it's completely free. As opposed to LH where you have to re-mortgage your house in order to pay for the 100 MB surf limit.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
As opposed to LH where you have to re-mortgage your house in order to pay for the 100 MB surf limit.
Any online documentation of this, btw?

You only get 100 MB in total over the 24 hours??
Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:23 pm

Only one personal experience on TK C:
A333 SIN-IST, new C, nice seat, food ok however the flying chef managed to cook my filet to death , service ok but not outstanding like some people do post.
A343 IST-FRA, old C, ok for the short flight, everything else nothing to write about.

Recent experience by a friend on LH new C (one of the first aircrafts to have been retrofitted): he did not like the seat, narrow, not comfy for him. C in general looks cheap, different parts were even already broken. Mediocre food and mediocre service.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LH4116
Yes, and it's completely free. As opposed to LH where you have to re-mortgage your house in order to pay for the 100 MB surf limit.
Hasn't been free in almost a year...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.