Lufthansa and Austrian New/Cancelled Routes and Changes

Hide Wikipost
Old May 3, 20, 5:42 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kat007
Wiki Link
First Class elimination:
FRA-DXB as of 01JUN14
FRA-SEA as of 01JUL14

FRA-NRT as of Summer 2014
FRA-KIX
FRA-MCO

Cancelled destinations:
Nizhny Novgorod/GOJ
Ekaterinburg
Khartoum
Ho Chi Minh
Busan
Kazan
Perm

Libreville
Pointe Noire

Rostov
Kolkata
Guangzhou
Calgary
Hyderabad
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 30, 20, 5:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They have cancelled whatever needs to be cancelled till the end of the summer season, which runs till the end of october. The details can be found here: http://dl-oim.de/download/LH_Timetable_en.pdf

As things stand today things shouldn't get worse then they already are (touch wood)...
Old Jul 30, 20, 8:06 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
They have cancelled whatever needs to be cancelled till the end of the summer season, which runs till the end of october.
... And I hate to be repetitive but does anybody have even a gut feeling on when we might get details of what the plan is for November onwards...?
Old Aug 1, 20, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold; Ex AA EXP
They have cancelled whatever needs to be cancelled till the end of the summer season, which runs till the end of october. The details can be found here: http://dl-oim.de/download/LH_Timetable_en.pdf

As things stand today things shouldn't get worse then they already are (touch wood)...
So is it fair to say that if they had limited service in July (i.e. 3 or 4 days/ week) and they've now updated it to daily, that they won't be cancelling the flights, and I can assume the schedule will operate.

Namely, I know Turkish had published flights that they were cancelling last minute.... Has Lufthansa been doing that?

Particularly, I'm looking at flights to and from FRA-MSQ
Old Aug 2, 20, 2:34 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerLX View Post
... And I hate to be repetitive but does anybody have even a gut feeling on when we might get details of what the plan is for November onwards...?
.... Thanks to nobody for not sharing your thoughts on this...!!

In another forum there is a hint from LH that the timetable from November onwards might be firmed up in the third week of August, so maybe we will know more then...

Fingers crossed !!
Old Aug 3, 20, 3:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
I've been trying to make LH-direct DME-FRA work for quite some time now. It is shown as a current valid route. The LH Group flights keep cancelling and even SWISS flights with stopover via VIE or ZRH are not going. Any idea why they keep cancelling? The next chance out--according to LH--is on SWISS on 8.8.20 via ZRH. After that, not until 10.8.2020, but on a direct LH flight. Meanwhile, I am told Aeroflot flights are moving. Not sure who to believe. Anyone with any further info? Thank you.
Old Aug 4, 20, 1:08 am

It seems the RU & EU authorities can't agree on allowing traffic to resume:

Рады сообщить Вам, что после вынужденного 4-х месячного перерыва авиакомпания SWISS вновь начинает регулярное авиасообщение из Москвы и Санкт-Петербурга. В связи с действующими ограничениями на въезд в Евросоюз и в другие страны мы предлагаем в августе скорректированное расписание:

Москва - Цюрих 1, 3, 8, 15, 21, 24, 28, 29 августа

Москва - Женева 3, 10, 14 августа (после 15-го августа рейсы ещё не согласованы)

Санкт-Петербург - Цюрих 2, 24, 31 августа

О расписании на сентябрь мы сообщим дополнительно.

Рейсы уже загружены в системы бронирования и доступны для продажи.
Напоминаем, что пассажир несёт ответственность за соблюдение всех требований по въезду в соответствующую страну. Просим Вас, по возможности, напоминать об этом клиентам.

Что касается мер безопасности во время перелета, то информацию можно найти по этой ссылке.

Мы благодарим Вас за сотрудничество и будем рады вновь приветствовать пассажиров на борту наших самолётов. С уважением,
Ваша команда eXperts
We are glad to inform you that after a forced 4-month break, SWISS is again starting regular flights from Moscow and St. Petersburg. Due to the current restrictions on entry to the European Union and other countries, we propose an adjusted timetable in August:

Moscow - Zurich 1, 3, 8, 15, 21, 24, 28, 29 August

Moscow - Geneva on August 3, 10, 14 (after August 15, flights have not been agreed yet)

Saint Petersburg - Zurich 2, 24, 31 August

We will inform you about the schedule for September additionally.

Flights have already been uploaded to booking systems and are available for sale.
We remind you that the passenger is responsible for complying with all entry requirements for the respective country. We ask you, if possible, to remind clients of this.

As for safety measures during the flight, information can be found at this link.

We thank you for your cooperation and look forward to welcoming passengers on board our aircraft again. Respectfully,
Your eXperts team
Old Aug 4, 20, 2:10 am

Programs: OWE,*A G, Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
It seems the RU & EU authorities can't agree on allowing traffic to resume:
Too proud to accept the EU entry ban of their citizens.
Old Aug 4, 20, 7:47 am

I have a flight to houston LH440 on a saturday and was checking this pdf and it says X so daily. But today there is no flight. The last weeks there where only flights on monday wednesday and friday. So what does the X mean?

If I check the route in the lufthansa website it is not there on all days in august but in september it starts flying every day.

Last edited by Dave Sen; Aug 4, 20 at 7:54 am
Old Aug 4, 20, 7:59 am

LH440 goes daily starting Sep 1 and is 3x weekly in August:

Code:
TN20AUGFRAHOU/ALH
** AMADEUS TIMETABLE - TN ** HOU HOUSTON.USTX                  20AUG20 27AUG20
 1   LH 440  135  FRA 1 IAH D  1000    1420   0 07AUG20 31AUG20 333 11:20

TN1SEPFRAHOU/ALH                                                                
** AMADEUS TIMETABLE - TN ** HOU HOUSTON.USTX                  01SEP20 08SEP20  
 1   LH 440  D    FRA 1 IAH D  1000    1420   0 01SEP20 24OCT20 333 11:20

Search this Thread
Search Engine: