Search

New mileage earning levels: TK 25% Status Miles [2014-23]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
This is quite a confusing statement.
I'll go out on a limb and say this is a positive one and we will get 25% of award miles in addition to the status miles. ( an executive bonus but as award miles)

You can call me lunatic now ( the "you earn as status miles" part defies logic. When? Today? Still as of Jan?, But then it should be you would. I'll go get an aspirine)
Agree, I don't understand this sentence in LH Germlish either. What does the German version say?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:35 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
What does the German version say?
Ab Flugdatum 01. Januar 2014 erhalten Sie 25 % der gesammelten Prämienmeilen als Statusmeilen.

Bolding not mine.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
The earning on TK is abysmal anyway. I'm based in LHR/LGW and now fly TK about twice a month to various Middle Eastern destinations (Iran, UAE, Saudi Arabia etc.) - I'm forced to use TK as my employer gets big discounts with them. I say forced, but their service is amazing and the only downside is the transit at IST/SAW.

My only complaint is that I'm often booked in semi-flexible economy, with a return ticket costing around €700 for example. The following booking classes are exempt from mileage earning (G, P, W, Z), and yet I'm nearly always booked into P or W.

I'd understand if LH wanted to exempt the really cheap fare buckets, but my sister recently booked a cheap LHR-IST-LHR for €160 return, which booked into S giving 125 M&M miles each way.

So now, if I was actually ABLE to earn miles through flying TK on relatively expensive tickets, I'd only get 25% in status miles anyway.

Go figure.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
THAT IS IT.

The final nail in the coffin.

I earned much of my FTL by flying on TK Y+ and getting 150% mileage credit. If they are serious about slashing these 150% to 37.5% just like that, I'm changing programmes. Enough is enough.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seattle29
The earning on TK is abysmal anyway. I'm based in LHR/LGW and now fly TK about twice a month to various Middle Eastern destinations (Iran, UAE, Saudi Arabia etc.) - I'm forced to use TK as my employer gets big discounts with them. I say forced, but their service is amazing and the only downside is the transit at IST/SAW.

My only complaint is that I'm often booked in semi-flexible economy, with a return ticket costing around €700 for example. The following booking classes are exempt from mileage earning (G, P, W, Z), and yet I'm nearly always booked into P or W.

I'd understand if LH wanted to exempt the really cheap fare buckets, but my sister recently booked a cheap LHR-IST-LHR for €160 return, which booked into S giving 125 M&M miles each way.

So now, if I was actually ABLE to earn miles through flying TK on relatively expensive tickets, I'd only get 25% in status miles anyway.

Go figure.
If you fly TK on a regular basis I would suggest you switching to TK M&S immediately. The cheap Economy fares earn 100%, and the award rates are excellent as well. Status isn't too hard to achieve and maintain anyway.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Originally Posted by LH4116
If you fly TK on a regular basis I would suggest you switching to TK M&S immediately. The cheap Economy fares earn 100%, and the award rates are excellent as well. Status isn't too hard to achieve and maintain anyway.
Yep, I've now started crediting the flights to TK M&S. My point was just that LH was not very generous before, and now it's even worse. As soon as my M&M account is empty after redeeming the award miles, I'll stop using it.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reminds me of the Big 3 automakers in the 1970s.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 1:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Wow, this is really childish of LH.

I guess with all the devaluation from 2014, I am not going to bother to requalify for SEN next year.
After all the fiasco round the evouchers, devaluation of miles and now this, it is really the end of the straw.
Luckily for me, I would not need to worry about losing my *A Gold status since I have both TK M&S and Aegean for the coming years.

Will just pay for my current CC when I lose my SEN status (only CC available that helps to cover car insurance - unless I find another one).

Cheers!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 1:58 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I doubt it. If it were the case, they would have just excluded the lower C and Y booking classes from earning any miles. Like SQ does.
But Oliver, for Award miles they get paid and for status miles they don't. Transactional behavior. And yes, they obviously want to reduce the number of status customers reaching status through Star. Makes kind of sense.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 2:44 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
So LH really thinks people are idiots... With TK going from strength to strength this may make people match status to M&S (just visit TK forum to learn how status may be matched) and fly more with TK...
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:43 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Rambuster
In one of the Y class mileage enhancement thread a couple of weeks ago I mentioned to "watch this space" as more would be coming ... here it is.
I guess there is still more to come.
Your crystal ball is 100% right. I wonder what is next
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:49 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seattle29
Yep, I've now started crediting the flights to TK M&S. My point was just that LH was not very generous before, and now it's even worse. As soon as my M&M account is empty after redeeming the award miles, I'll stop using it.
Yes when it comes to Economy fares LH aren't generous at all with the earnings on TK. However if you look at the Comfort and Business fares, many of them will earn you more on M&M than they would on M&S. For instance the K fare which is the second cheapest Business Class fare earns 200% to M&M.

So I'm guessing that somebody who flies a couple of Business Class long hauls per year on TK would easily make Senator, which is what Lufthansa wants to prevent now.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:57 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Exactly. Even two round-trips to Asia in TK Y+ (often available for less than 1000€ ex-MUC) will already earn you more than 30k status miles on LH. Well, it used to anyway.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:17 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Yes when it comes to Economy fares LH aren't generous at all with the earnings on TK. However if you look at the Comfort and Business fares, many of them will earn you more on M&M than they would on M&S. For instance the K fare which is the second cheapest Business Class fare earns 200% to M&M.

So I'm guessing that somebody who flies a couple of Business Class long hauls per year on TK would easily make Senator, which is what Lufthansa wants to prevent now.
This is the point. People are buying TK tickets because the offer a better product to a better price. Instead of improving their own product, LH wants to "enhance" the TK product. That is childish!

If you use TK just switch to the TK-Program and stay there.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:02 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Not quite. You need to fly XXX (European city) - LH hub - SIN and back in full mileage earning Business Class 3 times and earn executive bonus to make SEN. IST-SIN is considerably closer than FRA/MUC to SIN and there's no executive bonus on TK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.