Search

Status STARS [2013-2023]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Status STARS [2013-2023]

Over on VFT user Dreamliner has posted the details of the upcoming "status stars".

The calculation seems to be based on the number of days you have held status.

Each day of FTL accounts for 1 point, each day of SEN acounts for 2 points and each day with HON status counts as 3 points.

You will receive one star on your card after accumulating 5.000 points and 2 stars after 10.000 points.

The new LH exclusive magazine seems to mention some details on page 98.
Anyway, I thought I'd share this non stop nonsense.

A rough calculation told me that I have ca. 12.500 points to date ... I must be quite mad to actually even think about doing the math here.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: M&M SEN
now....what's exactly the benefit of the stars?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by davidcito
now....what's exactly the benefit of the stars?
They are supposed to make you feel all warm and fuzzy !

I can't wait to whitness outburst by angry passengers at checkin or onboard with comments like "I'm a 2 star SEN! How dare you treat me like this!"
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
"Deutschland such den Superstar"(German version of Pop Idol, American Idol) now at Miles and More!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Can these stars be redeemed into any form of tangible benefits such as e-vouchers or similar? Otherwise I'd say it's a pretty ridiculous system.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: LH SEN
Great, flyertalkers can now play stratego with their useless M&M cards. Stars, enhancement bombs; and ROCHE as the elusive spy, everything is present except for the flag.
MHLHR likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
They are supposed to make you feel all warm and fuzzy !

I can't wait to whitness outburst by angry passengers at checkin or onboard with comments like "I'm a 2 star SEN! How dare you treat me like this!"
well SEN, SEN+, SEN++ or HON HON+, HON++ will now really exist
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
This is clearly an employee engagement exercise.
Less than 4 stars and the employee is empowered to treat the customer like dirt.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:44 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by Van_Looy
Great, flyertalkers can now play stratego with their useless M&M cards. Stars, enhancement bombs; and ROCHE as the elusive spy, everything is present except for the flag.
Would you prefer the mineur - his function would be to end the "J class scam for rebooking". He undermines the yield managament.

And opens an availability in C especially if used for same day rebooking.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:04 am

not yet..

Originally Posted by divjan
since it would require 9,14 years of HONship to achieve this, which is a longer period of HON existence, as much as i recall.

@ Rambuster: sitting in a hotel room; had nothing better to do..
MHLHR likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sunseeker
since it would require 9,14 years of HONship to achieve this, which is a longer period of HON existence, as much as i recall.

@ Rambuster: sitting in a hotel room; had nothing better to do..
Before we all crack out our pencil and paper- roughly this means
Each year of HON is 1095 points- as qualification comes in 2 year batches- 2190 points per qualification period
Each year of SEN is 730 points- as per above- each qualification period is 1460 points
FTL- as per above- 730 points per period

So now then.....

If you have requalified for SEN more than 5 times- you have the coveted two stars

If you have been HON since the beginning or shortly thereafter you most likely also have two stars

Hopefully the stars will be redeemable for something other than a more glittery frequent flyer card- otherwise this is really nothing to get too excited about

Also- and if there is an LH lurker somewhere here reporting back to the Powerpoint about what is talked about on Flyertalk- before reporting "they are talking about the STARS"- the feedback really could be (I will size and re-font the text it so it more or less fits the powerpoint box on the table without too much reformatting to save time):

"We (the users) have noticed that past enticements to fly more or farther have subsequently all been downgraded- as an example evouchers- where one of the most enticing qualities about them was "they never expire"- except now they do. What this means is that the offer of future enticements based on current flight patterns should use a discount rate coming near to 1.00- otherwise it is not realistic".
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GBM.flights
This is clearly an employee engagement exercise.
Less than 4 stars and the employee is empowered to treat the customer like dirt.
Your seeing it wrong... anybody with stars and flying Y will be treated like dirt, just as those with two stars in business. And there will be a longer queue for the lounges when you have more stars as a recognition what you have cost so far. It's a feature that will be the envy of all other STAR alliance members.

But I've got my stamp already made to modify my card with all the stars I need. I just hope I've chosen the right one :-).
It might be a nice item for Ebay.

Last edited by RTW1; Oct 24, 2013 at 10:51 am
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by divjan
No, it should be: SEN, SEN*, SEN**, HON, HON*, HON**, not to mention FTL, FTL* and FTL** (which will take 27+ years to achieve).

I've changed my FT profile as I didn't want to be accused of misrepresentation.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Each year of HON is 1095 points- as qualification comes in 2 year batches- 2190 points per qualification period
Each year of SEN is 730 points- as per above- each qualification period is 1460 points
FTL- as per above- 730 points per period
Another way of looking at this is in order to gain one star you will have to be (give or take a leap year):

FTL for 13.69 years
SEN for 6.84 years
HON for 4.56 years
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:56 am

Today is not April 1st? This joke is not even funny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.