Status STARS [2013-2023]

Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:28 am

Claims that 2+ stars give you higher preference when it comes to op-ups and rebookings in case of irrops are unsubstantiated?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by nosedive
Claims that 2+ stars give you higher preference when it comes to op-ups and rebookings in case of irrops are unsubstantiated?
Not one single member of LH Staff I have come into contact with has ever mentioned Status Stars & that’s a lot, so I highly doubt is has any bearing on operations.
hugolover, N1003U and worldclubber like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Not one single member of LH Staff I have come into contact with has ever mentioned Status Stars & that’s a lot, so I highly doubt is has any bearing on operations.
^

Would very much doubt that it has any effect, as there are so many other factors to be taken into account such as booking class, status, PCV, the legendary CAF, etc.
chris63 and N1003U like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
^

Would very much doubt that it has any effect, as there are so many other factors to be taken into account such as booking class, status, PCV, the legendary CAF, etc.
Exactly & you put all that data into LH IT & mostly likely outcome is an upgrade to a one timer on a light ticket
N1003U and worldclubber like this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: SN SEN*, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Spire Elite
Status Stars: I'll receive my first in October. Dissapointed to read it will just give access to much overpriced (miled) events. I.e. I'm SEN with Brussels Airlines and I got invited to spend 100K miles on a VIP Tomorrowland access. I've been trying for several year to get tickets through the normal sale but never succeeded. I almost fell for spending 100K miles for it. But after thinking it through it would be indeed a waste of money. 100K miles can be better spent on award flights. Guess the miles are a debt that the airlines carry on their books and they try anything to get miles off their books and your account .

Requalification: 90% of my travel is inside EU. It is indeed very hard to requalify with domestic flights. I am now in a 2 year requalify windows. I hope to re-qualify this year, at 62K status miles and we're half way in the year. If I succeed then next year will be a 'dead' year and I will sure travel less. I've also read once, if you do not requalify you get an offer to pay 2000 Euro to extend 1 year of SEN. That sounds like a bargain! I decided to keep track to see what flights give me the most miles for the price paid. So for my 62K status miles i have YTD, I've spent already 10K Euro on flights!

If you don't fly internationally, it's very though.

I always find it incredible how packed the Senator lounges are. Like there are more SENs then Silver card holders.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gryomosy
I always find it incredible how packed the Senator lounges are. Like there are more SENs then Silver card holders.
Most likely the majority are *A card holders from a giveaway program. Some airlines hand them out like candy.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by gryomosy
I always find it incredible how packed the Senator lounges are.
In my last few visits (H, all around the same time so I may indeed be ‘picking’ the wrong time), I had to ‘switch’ and head to the other side as the Senator was nearly overcrowded. No wheat beer on tap in the Business Lounge but some lovely tuna wraps (and I was happy anyway with a few bottles of Franziskaner ).

G
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apparently I can take my Status Stars to the Salzburg festival on 30th/31st July, for the incredibly low price of 220,000 miles..... now if only my diary was free

Seriously, it’s in a couple of weeks, did M&M bag some cheap last minute tickets .....
N1003U likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Apparently I can take my Status Stars to the Salzburg festival on 30th/31st July, for the incredibly low price of 220,000 miles..... now if only my diary was free

Seriously, it’s in a couple of weeks, did M&M bag some cheap last minute tickets .....
One could suspect that once the new "dynamic pricing" for flight tickets reaches full bloom, 220,000 miles for something like a Salzburg festival may seem like a bargain.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
One could suspect that once the new "dynamic pricing" for flight tickets reaches full bloom, 220,000 miles for something like a Salzburg festival may seem like a bargain.
If that happens I will be dynamically changing my carrier of choice
Unterwegs, N1003U and bowzer91 like this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador

If that happens I will be dynamically changing my carrier of choice
But where to? Other carriers are doing exactly the same. Look at Flying Blue. It's crazy how expensive award tickets are now.
BA have increased prices a lot and plan to do it again. Basically the whole award mileage thing is not worth it anymore.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
Basically the whole award mileage thing is not worth it anymore.
Depends on how you look at it.

If you consider awards a “freebie”, everything is still fine. If you see awards as a kind of rebate, as they were in the past, the golden times are over.
chris63 and N1003U like this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
But where to? Other carriers are doing exactly the same. Look at Flying Blue. It's crazy how expensive award tickets are now.
BA have increased prices a lot and plan to do it again. Basically the whole award mileage thing is not worth it anymore.
Yes, fair enough, if the benefits no longer stack up I will just buy the cheapest J or F ticket depending on length of route.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:46 am

Yes, fair enough, if the benefits no longer stack up I will just buy the cheapest J or F ticket depending on length of route.
Seems like that's what the airlines want to teach us: Don't be loyal, buy whatever is cheapest.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Seems like that's what the airlines want to teach us: Don't be loyal, buy whatever is cheapest.
As a Frequent flyer is does feel like it’s heading that way, I don’t understand how that is in LH groups best interests
lhrpete likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.