Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status STARS [2013-2023]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Chris0815
And at the same time I really find myself struggling to keep my Senator every year since they introduced revenue based rewards. Probably I should just switch to another M&M program at some point.
I agree with most of what you said, but the status miles needed for keeping SEN are still calculated according to the old system, only the reward miles are revenue based.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Smile

Originally Posted by flyingfkb
"Deutschland such den Superstar"(German version of Pop Idol, American Idol) now at Miles and More!
Do I need to sing?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber

I agree with most of what you said, but the status miles needed for keeping SEN are still calculated according to the old system, only the reward miles are revenue based.
OK good point. So why does it feel harder than some years ago? Probably perception bias.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Chris0815
So why does it feel harder than some years ago? Probably perception bias.
Proliferation of P fare business flights?
lhrpete, Tyrolean, chris63 and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Back in the good old days even the cheapest business class inside Europe gave full miles. Not to mention all sorts of promotional campaigns for earning extra miles - haven't seen those in years. It truly has become much harder (and more expensive) to keep status.
lhrpete, chris63 and more4less like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by chris63

+ 1 & you would have to be crazy to waste your hard earned miles on those events
Oh, come on now! That's not fair! For a mere 440,000 miles, I could treat myself and my wife to an art exhibition in Basel...
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
Back in the good old days even the cheapest business class inside Europe gave full miles. Not to mention all sorts of promotional campaigns for earning extra miles - haven't seen those in years. It truly has become much harder (and more expensive) to keep status.
Back in the good old days someone reported to have flown 10 x business returns UK - LH/LX hub - XXX at 2,500 miles per segment and renewed their SEN status.
Tyrolean and Mozart0815 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:18 am

Back in the good old days someone reported to have flown 10 x business returns UK - LH/LX hub - XXX at 2,500 miles per segment and renewed their SEN status.
Those were the days.

At least for some, as most of my flying has always been long-haul. But even there, it is often worthwhile to fly with a different *A carrier in the business cabin and get a lot more miles than on LH group flights/tickets.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by worldclubber
But even there, it is often worthwhile to fly with a different *A carrier in the business cabin and get a lot more miles than on LH group flights/tickets.
Is there a thread here for current (LH/M&M) requalification/mileage-earning strategies?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Is there a thread here for current (LH/M&M) requalification/mileage-earning strategies?
There is a thread on HON/SEN mileage runs. Strategies are very individual and depend so much on your specific profile that a general thread does not make too much sense.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by N1003U
Oh, come on now! That's not fair! For a mere 440,000 miles, I could treat myself and my wife to an art exhibition in Basel...
Your right.... how could I have missed such a bargain
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:35 am

Exactly. EU flights basically became totally worthless over time. There was a year when I was traveling close to twice weekly intra Europe, but had no intercontinental travel and lost my Senator status.

But at least I've got my useless :-: to keep me happy.
Tyrolean likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:36 am

Has anybody actually ever been to one of those Status Star events? What's the experience?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I was a 2* SEN before I defected to A3 and now I'm M&M blue just using it to pick up P fares retrospectively.

I have asked for a blue bag tag with my stars on it but they won't give me one!
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
And the prices for those „cheap“ P fares are very far from cheap.

Back on Topic: Status Stars are a joke. They are good for absolutly nothing. You are spammed with ridiculous expensive offers for somewhat more or less exclusive events.
Just ignore then.
Unterwegs and lhrpete like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.