Status STARS [2013-2023]

Old Nov 6, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
...two years and 260 days as HON...
I still envy you the BTS-VIE segment
I don't think I'll ever get that one to my flightmemory.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Concerto
But over at the Kamingespräch thread it seems that LH now know they have made a mistake, so this Status Stars rubbish might disappear now. But that would mean one thing less to discuss here...
I understood from Rambuster´s recap(post 49 of the thread you mention) that they accept they made a mistake but they will introduce some real benefits. In a month or so they will advise.
In any case, after the M&M Selections, I am not very excited...
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
But over at the Kamingespräch thread it seems that LH now know they have made a mistake, so this Status Stars rubbish might disappear now. But that would mean one thing less to discuss here...
As a mistake Status Stars are not as expensive as NEK which they also seem to accept especially in Business.

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Yes, it was a memorable flight.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
A you suggesting that I will be de-starred ?

There are enhancements and enhancements: but this ?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:21 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by AhogZ
I do, however, sincerely hope, you will survive with 1 start only
Originally Posted by AhogZ
1 star only
Thanks. :-:
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:24 pm

Let yourStatus Stars take you to the Hahnenkamm Races in Kitzbühel

Dear NewbieRunner,

An amazing alpine panorama, local charm and the mountain lifestyle – Kitzbühel combines all this in a singular winter wonderland that attracts visitors from all over the world year after year. As a Status Stars holder with Lufthansa, you can experience the greatest and most traditional ski event in the world: the legendary Hahnenkamm Races.

Just choose your preferred date between 23 and 26 January. During these prestigious races you can watch international skiing pros on the 'Streif' and 'Ganslernhang' slopes in the company of world-famous stars. In addition, you can be introduced to the six-time German alpine ski champion, Christa Kinshofer, at a Meet & Greet, or join her on the slopes. Away from the slopes, you can also celebrate in the company of visiting celebrities at organized VIP events such as: the Weisswurst party at Stanglwirt Hotel or Rosi's Schnitzel Party. And after your one night's accommodation in the centrally located Q! Resort Health & Spa, you can gather your strength for the next exciting day. One thing is for sure: there's always something to experience in Kitzbühel. Tickets for this unique event are available for 90,000 award miles per person.

Tickets for this event are limited, so we recommend you make your reservations as soon as possible. These tickets would make a perfect holiday gift for your partner – a gift to remember for a long time to come.

We hope you enjoy magic moments in the ski capital of Kitzbühel, as well as more extraordinary experiences in the future with your Status Stars.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
I am a Hon with SevenStars
I won, you lost.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
A you suggesting that I will be de-starred ? ..
Well I certainly will: once I shall hit The Blues level, my two stars will be gone ..
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by weero
Well I certainly will: once I shall hit The Blues level, my two stars will be gone ..
I'll be heading through FTL to Blue oblivion - but I'd rather hoped the stars would stay with me to light the way.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'll be heading through FTL to Blue oblivion - but I'd rather hoped the stars would stay with me to light the way.
But the old hag Lufthansa has made it clear that the stars would only shine again when the Messiah / FTL status shall return. No stars for us future blues.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:32 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Got my renewed card last week and new luggage tags. They (the luggage tags) also have the stars on it now (three for me).
Yesterday at the FCT I saw someone with five stars on his luggage tag. Respect!
The overall concept of status stars is starting to grow on me. While a status is a status, now with the stars it becomes much clearer, particular to staff you don't know, whether you are a one time guy or you have been loyal for long.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
... I saw someone with five stars on his luggage tag. Respect!
5 Stars? In my calculation that is not possible. Even if one is HON continuously, one has to be HON for nearly 23 years in order to achieve 5 Stars. As far as I know Miles & More and HON does not exist for so long.
25000 points / 3 points/day (for HON) / 365 days/year = 22.8 years
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:17 am

So they'll probably treat the people with more stars more badly, as they apparently are so much in love with LH that they'll eat anything

As LH declared loyalty to be a one-way relationship (the customer shall remain loyal to us, we don't give much of a damn.. oh no wait, let's give out stars like in 1st class.. school it is..) I doubt they'll give you any more "special" treatment.. plus when I can assume that most HONs will be business HONs, ie not paid out of their own pockets..
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:30 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
... Yesterday at the FCT I saw someone with five stars on his luggage tag. Respect! ....
Respect ... for having made that tag himself (it is not possible yet to have made it to 5 stars yet).
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:14 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Niki will offer that route from next April on, if you want to add it to your routes-collection :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.