Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Questions for the LH CEO During 2013 Dialog Event

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:55 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Rambuster
There was one comment that they "still" credit 300% in F.
I read the "still" as "soon to be discontinued". Perhaps I'm just paranoid...
I am pretty sure A will go down very soon.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:19 am

This all sounds more like it was more a "monologue" than a dialog. Was there no critical questioning from the participants? What did they say about the critic points and the fact that their "most valued" customers think they are on the wrong track with so many things?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Some further trivia:

125 miles per segment are given out for data collection purposes.
LH agreed with some people in the audience that €60 for reserving an exit seat is too cheap. They could charge €200.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:26 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
LH agreed with some people in the audience that €60 for reserving an exit seat is too cheap. They could charge €200.
Wonderful!
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
This all sounds more like it was more a "monologue" than a dialog. Was there no critical questioning from the participants? What did they say about the critic points and the fact that their "most valued" customers think they are on the wrong track with so many things?
Of course there were critical questions and comments.
It was actually a dialogue. Quite entertaining actually, even though we probably didn't like most of the answers...
Old Nov 5, 2013, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Of course there were critical questions and comments.
It was actually a dialogue. Quite entertaining actually, even though we probably didn't like most of the answers...
Just because there were questions doesn`t make it a dialogue!

The point is: Did they invite some of the most frequent flyers to this event just to TELL them what`s going on and to state in the next onboard magazine, that they are in such a great dialogue with the customers? Or did they actually LISTEN and ACCEPT what their customers have to say to what they are doing? Is it going to AFFECT their acting and decisions in the future? If NOT then it wasn`t a real dialogue!
Old Nov 5, 2013, 4:13 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by Wickersley
Thing is, they know that.

To ad lib, "if you are going to be a best buyer, don't be surprised if we are a best seller"
They may know but they underestimate the consequence of the road it leads to.

Sticking to Rambuster's analogy (great btw ), LH is becoming an older seller of Soi Cowboy and will only be able to compete on price as they have nothing else to back up their "best seller" claim. And in the long run it's a loser, IMO.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 4:23 am

The point is: Did they invite some of the most frequent flyers to this event just to TELL them what`s going on and to state in the next onboard magazine, that they are in such a great dialogue with the customers? Or did they actually LISTEN and ACCEPT what their customers have to say to what they are doing? Is it going to AFFECT their acting and decisions in the future? If NOT then it wasn`t a real dialogue!
They definately listened to our arguments and even agreed to some of them, if this will change their decisions is another question.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:01 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by peter42
They definately listened to our arguments and even agreed to some of them, if this will change their decisions is another question.
my impression was - I hear what you say, I understand why you say that, but I do not really care, especially as long as there is a guy willing to pay more for that seat on that day
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
my impression was - I hear what you say, I understand why you say that, but I do not really care, especially as long as there is a guy willing to pay more for that seat on that day
And the reverse applies - wait until you see how many airlines are willing to sell us a seat *cheaper* than what you are willing to sell us!

(And/or provide additional loyalty benefits on top of that cheaper fare)
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:28 am

Lets put it this way, they took notes on only very few topics, but there were two(?) LH people, who made a transcript as far as I could see.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by peter42
Lets put it this way, they took notes on only very few topics, but there were two(?) LH people, who made a transcript as far as I could see.
a girl and a boy on the right hand side, yes.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:45 am

a girl and a boy on the right hand side, yes.
The *same* 2 children earlier referred to?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...

Are you dreaming, or what would you expect?

I think we raised some very good questions and sensed that they understood some of our concerns. However if I would have been on the opposite site I would never agreed immediately on any single topic (if not crystal clear), but would take the message home and then carefully analyze before I agree to changes.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Are you dreaming, or what would you expect?

I think we raised some very good questions and sensed that they understood some of our concerns.
I wasn`t there and I haven`t read any of the questions that "you" asked. So excuse me that I`m asking, Gee...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.