Lufthansa lounge at Newark [EWR] [closed till mid 2024]

Old Aug 7, 2021, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tr3k
Flight at 10pm, boards 9:30pm, we get to the airport around 6pm. Will see if have the time for UA lounge. Double security makes it undesirable. Wish the shuttle was running.
The shuttle is running as United has resumed operations from Concourse A2; however, it only runs when United has a flight out of/in to Terminal A.
I don't know if you could ask the driver to stop at Terminal B though like pre-COVID times.
hugolover likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:32 pm

Just stopped by the gate 71 and asked about the shuttle to terminal B. "You need to take the Airtrain" is the answer.

At UA lounge in terminal C now ("food" choices are a joke). Will check LH later, but at check in they told me there is no food.
At least lines through security at C were short - less than 10 min regular security, and walked right through TSA Pre.

First time at EWR in 3-4 years and it only gets worse.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just stopped by the gate 71 and asked about the shuttle to terminal B. "You need to take the Airtrain" is the answer.

At UA lounge in terminal C now ("food" choices are a joke). Will check LH later, but at check in they told me there is no food.
At least lines through security at C were short - less than 10 min regular security, and walked right through TSA Pre.

For the LH Lounge see my report a few posts above; was there 10 days ago.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
For the LH Lounge see my report a few posts above; was there 10 days ago.
Yep, saw it and was fully prepared. Here now. At least they have Oreos
Security line at terminal B was quite short, in spite of having several flights leaving around the same time.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 8:12 am

True and that’s saying a lot!

I always try to avoid the LH flights from EWR and choose the JFK ones, but it doesn’t always work.

In the good old days, with 3 daily flights to FRA, at least there were options, except that the best aircraft for F (A380) was at the worst time (around 4pm, so the day in NY was more or less shot, no sleep on the flight, and getting to FRA at the ungodly hour of around 5am). Still, I miss that…
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:08 pm

Programs: AC-SE, BV Titanium, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Fingers crossed things have changed. Heading to EWR tomorrow 😬
Old Aug 28, 2021, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by mike88m
please let us know what you found.
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by mike88m
Any update on the EWR lounge? Funny its so limited, since JFK is back to hot food.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NikoLGA
Any update on the EWR lounge? Funny its so limited, since JFK is back to hot food.
I don't think there is an update.
Also the main difference between EWR and JFK is that EWR is a *A monopoly while there is competition at JFK.

The Lufthansa Group carriers, United, SAS, TAP and LOT are the only full service carriers that fly from EWR to Mainland Europe at this time. There is an Emirates flight to Athens and La Compagnie flight to ORY but that wouldn't make any difference in this case.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:32 am

nothing?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
09/09 Sept Update - We have improvements!
4:30pm (lounge is a zoo)
  • Coffee Machines are operational
  • Both Coke Machines operational
  • Both sides of the lounge still open to all
  • Cucumber / Mint Water from tap, plus bottled still & sparkling (unlabeled) water
  • Much better food options (I had the salad with red wine vinaigrette which was fresh and good)

Salads, Carrot Dip Platters, Chilled Pesto Pasta, Black Forest Ham & Cheese Sandwiches, Wraps, Fruit Cups, and Cherry Cheesecake

Jalapeno Potato Crisps

Sparkling & Still Water

Closer Look at fruit cup, cheesecake.
hugolover and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Vs ORD?

ORD has hot food during meal hours. Hot dogs, burritos. I assume EWR has the same.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elitefreak
ORD has hot food during meal hours. Hot dogs, burritos. I assume EWR has the same.
Lufthansa does not have a lounge in ORD.
The review above is for the Lufthansa Lounge in EWR.

Assuming your ORD review is for the United Club.
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by seanp7
09/09 Sept Update - We have improvements!
4:30pm (lounge is a zoo)
  • Coffee Machines are operational
  • Both Coke Machines operational
  • Both sides of the lounge still open to all
  • Cucumber / Mint Water from tap, plus bottled still & sparkling (unlabeled) water
  • Much better food options (I had the salad with red wine vinaigrette which was fresh and good)

Salads, Carrot Dip Platters, Chilled Pesto Pasta, Black Forest Ham & Cheese Sandwiches, Wraps, Fruit Cups, and Cherry Cheesecake

Jalapeno Potato Crisps

Sparkling & Still Water

Closer Look at fruit cup, cheesecake.
Thanks for cheering me up with this, will be going there Friday evening. Unfortunately, the flight is at midnight (ATH) so I'll probably need to wait at the gate once the lounge closes at 9:30...
seanp7 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:56 pm

Is there alcohol or hot food yet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.