Wiki Posts
Search

How to keep M&M from expiring (no cc)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

How to keep M&M from expiring (no cc)

Hello!

I'm wondering what options I have to keep my M&M miles from expiring. As far I as know, a credit card is the only option. Unfortunately, there are no M&M cards available where I live (BTS).

I think I'm gonna start using the UA account I've created years ago (but never used) to credit my mileage travel to, as I read any transaction keeps those expiring and UA flight awards seem to be much cheaper than LH/LX/OS (and of course, there is also the 2 OJ + stopover + 1 free o/w stuff).

Thank you
Old Sep 8, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Hi Scibuff

I recommend the UA account - M&M is more a Miles&Less if you are not a "real" frequent flyer in business or first and have at least one longhoul a month.

with the UA account you only need one transaction every 18 months which can even be a rental car or hotel stay to keep your points alive and redemption without the fuel surcharge is usual much better than M&L
Old Sep 8, 2013, 2:40 pm

If you don't fly paid F (triple miles on M+M) and/or want to get preium award seats on LH group airlines the UA program is significantly better. More miles for economy, better multiplier when you have status. Also as mentioned it is easy to keep miles from expiring.
Also their program has several advantages and lower mileage limits etc.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys, I've already signed up for UA Mileage Plus and will credit all my miles earning from now to it rather than M&M. Maybe, I'll buy enough M&M to get a free flight - currently have 19k so maybe I'll use Melia Rewards or something similar (unless you can tell me of a better way) and will be done with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.