Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
The details of the ASR procedures can be found here:

https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_1000/folder_1216/file_92910.pdf
Print Wikipost

Extra charge for economy ASR coming to LH: Bischof

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2013, 6:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Since the new pay for ASR went into affect this week a few seat assignments on my regional flights been garbled. So check your bookings...@:-)
Old Nov 29, 2013, 9:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Since the new pay for ASR went into affect this week a few seat assignments on my regional flights been garbled. So check your bookings...@:-)
Thanks for the warning. I checked my booking for next week and found that two shofthaul flights in Y both have "not possible/cancelled" next to the chosen seat numbers. I tried to change seats but according to the seatmap I'm still in the same (non-exit row, priority) seat I had selected previously. I confirmed my seat selection and saved data. When I displayed my booking again the same "not possible/cancelled" message appeared.

So I tried to change to different 'preferred' seats. The system has now assigned me totally different seats in rows 14 and 9. But no error message this time. Back to seat selection again and selected the same seats I had originally. And success this time. ^ It looks like the whole thing has been garbled.

You cannot change from one priority seat to another. However, it looks like you can change from a non-priority seat to a priority seat if you are SEN.

Since my flight will almost certainly arrive at a 'wrong' gate (Schengen gate) in FRA and passengers will have to deplane from the back I should probably have chosen a seat in row 37.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Lufthansa seat selection for intra-Europe, 10 EUR

Hey all,

I did a thorough search and couldn't find any info on this.

Seems that you can now select seats on intra-Europe flights for 10 EUR (regular seats) or 20 EUR (exit row seats).

Free for logged-in HON/SEN members.

The flight search function is changed too. Multi-city search is visually more appealing as is viewing existing bookings...

Sorry if this has been posted before.

jlisi984
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
They should charge extra for the front rows of the Y cabin as they often times have extra legroom compared to the back.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Does this mean partner airline*Gs will more often end up in worse seats on LH flights than used to be the case?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 1:07 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Does this mean partner airline*Gs will more often end up in worse seats on LH flights than used to be the case?
Yes.

You *G finally get demoted to the far back middles as SENs and HONs always got.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by GUWonder
UA stopped giving good seats to *G way back in 2006 or 2007. Nothing unusual. Again, then was more then happy to charge for the E+ product

Can't remember how many times couldn't get any other seat then middle seat, unless would pay for it.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

ASR for longhaul is now only possible against a 25€/segment fee if you are booked in 'cheap' economy (W, S, T, L & K fares) eff 28APR14. SEN/HON is free, companions not.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
ASR for longhaul is now only possible against a 25€/segment fee if you are booked in 'cheap' economy (W, S, T, L & K fares) eff 28APR14. SEN/HON is free, companions not.
well, that sucks. I can only imagine the chaos for SEN/Hon companions at checkin...
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
if I understand correctly, this is ANY seat, not exit rows, right?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by econprof
well, that sucks. I can only imagine the chaos for SEN/Hon companions at checkin...
Once checkin opens at T-23h its free for all.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent news
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:42 pm

Companions are free if on same PNR with SEN/HON........The companion however does not get a free exit row seat.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
if I understand correctly, this is ANY seat, not exit rows, right?
Right, the exit rows are not ASR eligible.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
This makes it easier for the average person to get a decent seat at OLCI without paying, not that awful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.