Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
The details of the ASR procedures can be found here:

https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_1000/folder_1216/file_92910.pdf
Print Wikipost

Extra charge for economy ASR coming to LH: Bischof

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:40 am

what about N? I can't select my seat on LH712 anymore but I can on LH717 both in N
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
N should allow seat selection, just call the hotline.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH S, GPP Diamond
Angry next "world's best IT" glitch?

Hi,

sorry if this has probably been posted anywhere, couldn't find it via search.

I just booked a flight for family & myself (MUC-DEL-FRA-MUC) on LH.com and was a bit surprised by a) having no access to "preferred" seats and b) being charged EUR 30 for seat reservations (and these for the FRA-MUC leg )

Contacted the SEN hotline and got confirmed that both, preferred seats & free reservation, are still policy. However, even they finally couldn't assign my seats, nor get the EUR 30 back (but filed a complaint ticket, at least).

Anyone else around with this issue (and probably a solution)?

Best,

l22barne

P.S. yes, checked that my name and FF# are matching/correct.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by l22barne
Hi,

sorry if this has probably been posted anywhere, couldn't find it via search.

I just booked a flight for family & myself (MUC-DEL-FRA-MUC) on LH.com and was a bit surprised by a) having no access to "preferred" seats and b) being charged EUR 30 for seat reservations (and these for the FRA-MUC leg )

Contacted the SEN hotline and got confirmed that both, preferred seats & free reservation, are still policy. However, even they finally couldn't assign my seats, nor get the EUR 30 back (but filed a complaint ticket, at least).

Anyone else around with this issue (and probably a solution)?

Best,

l22barne

P.S. yes, checked that my name and FF# are matching/correct.

If I'm correct free preferred seat selection rules have been changed for SEN's. It now depends on the booking class, and if you can get them for free it will only be for you and 1 companion.
Kinda sucks since travelling in emergency exit seats in Y on cheap LH/LX tickets was one of the main perks of SEN for me.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
€25 or $35?

ASR is supposed to be 25 EUR or 35 USD. My choice or their choice? I would prefer 25 EUR (well, I would prefer 0 EUR, but that is another story). I have a trip originating in the EU (EU-HKG rt) and Lufthansa.com tries to charge me 35 USD. How can I convince it to charge me 25 EUR?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Three years later EK also introduces ASR fees: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...selection.html
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Is the claim that LH is the pioneer in this field?
Old Sep 19, 2016, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Nope, BA has that honor. They even charge you 70€/$ to ASR in business class.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:13 pm

Selecting seats for LH flights

I've got economy long-haul flights coming up. Is there any way for me to pick seats in advance? I tried online but looks like I have to pay. Does Star Alliance Gold (United GS) status confer any benefits on this front?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:03 am
Original Poster

If you are booked in W, S, T, L and K and not HON/SEN you have to pay. UA*G doesn't help.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Do these rules apply as well to flights on Austrian?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Austrian was the pilot...
Old Nov 10, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Does any one know that if I pay for an ASR in economy but later upgrade to Premium Economy... do I get a refund on the ASR fee? I ask not for me (I'm SEN), but for family that I'm flying with.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by econprof
Does any one know that if I pay for an ASR in economy but later upgrade to Premium Economy... do I get a refund on the ASR fee? I ask not for me (I'm SEN), but for family that I'm flying with.
You do not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.