Search
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eefor jfp
LH since 2008

First:
"D" de Devaux Brut oder "Rare" Piper-Heidsieck
Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top
2010 Laurent Perrier Brut, (oder Perrier Jouet Grand Brut)
Louis Roederer Brut Millésimé
2011 : Champagne Louis de Sacy Grand Cru Brut
2010 & 2011: 2000 Champagne Laurent-Perrier Millésimé
2012: "D" de Devaux Brut und Laurent Perrier Brut
2013 occassionally 1999 Cuvee Louise, Champagne Pommery
May 2013 (revamp F service) : Taittinger Grand Cru Brut Prelude
September 2013: 2005 Comtes de Champagne Taittinger or Champagne Alfred Gratien
April 2014: 1995 Blanc des Millenaires Champagne, Charles Heidsieck,
April 2015: 2007 Champagne Taittinger Brut Millésimé, Champagne Taittinger
May 2015: 2007 Vintage Brut, Champagne Louis Roederer
May 2015: 1999 Cuvée Louise, Champagne Pommery
August 2015: Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Grand Sičcle
June 2016: 2007 Taittinger Millésime
July 2016: 2002 Cuvée Louise, Champagne Pommery
December 2016: Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Grand Sičcle
March 2017: 1998 Cuvée des Enchanteleurs, Champagne Henriot, Frankreich
June 2017: 2003 Cuvée Louise, Champagne Pommery
July 2017: Cuvée Grand Sičcle, Champagne Laurent-Perrier, Frankreich
August 2017: Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Brut Rose 2006
September 2017: Alfred Gratien Cuvée Paradis
Novenber 2017: 2007 Taittinger Brut Millésimé
February & March 2018: Cuvée Louise, Champagne Pommery 2003 (actually one flight was 2002 though menu shows 2003)
May 2018: 1995 Charles Heidsieck Blanc des Millénaires
June 2018: Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Grand Sičcle
September 2018: Jahrgangschampagner Cuvée Louise, Pommery
July 2019: Henriot 2000; Laurent Perrier Alexandra Rose 2004; Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle
January 2020: 2004 Cuvée Louise, Champagne Pommery, Henriot 2000
February 2020: 2004 Cuvée Louise, Champagne Pommery, Henriot 2006
October 2021:
2004 Cuvée Louise, Champagne Pommery, Laurent Perrier Alexandra Rose 2004 (on the wine card but not stocked; replaced with Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle)

Business:
Jacquart Brut Mosaique
Piper Heidsieck Brut
seit mai 2013 Champagne Duval Leroy Brut
May 2014: Champagne de Castelnau Brut Réserve, Frankreich

LH Group:
Austrian: Duval-Leroy Fleur de Champagne Brut
Brussels: Laurent Perrier Brut
Swiss: Laurent-Perrier Grand Sičcle (First)

Others:
TG & SQ Dom 99
NH Krug
JL Champagne Salon

Print Wikipost

Wine & Champagne in Lufthansa First?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:15 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by cyborg
Yeah, I was thinking of booking an LH F flight in November, but will pass unless they restore a decent champagne service on the flight. It isn't worth the money or miles over other alternatives with the current offerring.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Do you seriously base the decision on what flight you book on a few glasses of bubbly?

I would rather enjoy a glass of decent champagne in the comfort of my home (no pressurized cabin, normal humidity level... all affecting our ability to detect nuances of taste) and book the flight that's most convenient and comfortable. But preferences differ.

If you really can't stand the bubbly offered and your life revolves exclusicely around champagne labels, here's a suggestion for you guys: call the LH first class service hotline at least a few days before the flight and tell them you do not like the current champagne offering. They have always honored my requests.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
SQ may be serving Krug 2004 but their flagship lounge has about as much excitement as watching paint dry. NH offers two champagnes (one cheap) but serves their Krug in a wide white-wine glass giving a mouth full of bubbles. CX serves krug, in ok flutes, but is let down by the food. I'm not sure there's a perfect carrier?
worldclubber likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:41 am

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:14 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are also related, but perhaps hidden factors to consider. If an airline suddenly reduces the quality of an in flight offering to First Class (like going all cheapo on the champers) then I wonder what else is being cut behind the scenes that you wouldn't notice until on board the aircraft.

I also enjoy drinking a quality wine on a long flight, but recently I have found many carriers have reduced the quality of their offerings while maintaining a high quality champagne, so I have depended on that beverage for TPAC/TATL more than I used to. If it is not a good quality bubbly, then it can possibly lead to an underwhelming in flight experience.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Bit in your second example... doesn't that beg the equal question... are they maintaining a high quality champagne to cover up other things in the hope you won't notice??
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:58 am

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:14 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:17 am

Well, I don't get to sit at home and travel across the Atlantic ocean, so yes, I base my decision on a number of factors which include the quality of beverages offered in First Class among other things. I have a choice of carriers and alliances...
You are never home, I feel sorry for you.

Going transatlantic, as you say, with the exception of FRA-NYC on SQ, please tell me where you find the really expensive champagne (except for the obvious LPGS on some carriers), so that I can consider this for future trips.

I think I said it before, but will say it again: As a regular traveller on LH F, I do find their system of alternating champagnes attracrive, as opposed to carriers that offer the same bubbly year in and year out. If you don't like this particular champagne, you are really %!&$ed.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:10 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by worldclubber
If you really can't stand the bubbly offered and your life revolves exclusicely around champagne labels, here's a suggestion for you guys: call the LH first class service hotline at least a few days before the flight and tell them you do not like the current champagne offering. They have always honored my requests.
Interesting. What do you ask for and what do you get?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
SQ may be serving Krug 2004 but their flagship lounge has about as much excitement as watching paint dry. NH offers two champagnes (one cheap) but serves their Krug in a wide white-wine glass giving a mouth full of bubbles. CX serves krug, in ok flutes, but is let down by the food. I'm not sure there's a perfect carrier?
ANA does not serve cheap Champagne in F. Last time I flew them the options were Krug or Henri Giraud Fut de Chene, which is a similar price and quality. It doesn't have the international name recognition though.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Interesting. What do you ask for and what do you get?
Would be OT, sent you a PM.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:08 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Would be OT, sent you a PM.
No problem. Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
ANA does not serve cheap Champagne in F. Last time I flew them the options were Krug or Henri Giraud Fut de Chene, which is a similar price and quality. It doesn't have the international name recognition though.
YMMV On my flight in August the alternative was Jacquesson 740. About Ł45 a bottle.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
I have done exactly this as we were flying on Christmas day to EZE. The wine list was something you wouldn't even find on other airlines in business. Totally disappointing. Hence I called them (the phone number dedicated for F travels) and asked for some better wines since it was Xmas. They said they will look into it but in the end we were served the normal wines .
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I've happily given them feedback but wouldn't expect them to load a different champagne for one passenger, that'd clearly be wrong on so many levels.

That said, they've also loaded special requests for me which I never would have expected..!

At the end of the day, I think it's safe to say all of us participating here love LH F and just don't want to see them letting themselves down.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
I have done exactly this as we were flying on Christmas day to EZE. The wine list was something you wouldn't even find on other airlines in business. Totally disappointing. Hence I called them (the phone number dedicated for F travels) and asked for some better wines since it was Xmas. They said they will look into it but in the end we were served the normal wines .
Don't know why they didn't do it in your case. No idea if status or the way one formulates their request plays a role. I have always placed straightforward but modest requests and they have always been addressed one way or the other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.