agents - how much do they know about me?

Old Jul 18, 13, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: ual(1K), dl(plat), spg(plat), swa, hh, Hyatt(diamond)

When I am at the gate or in the Senator lounge speaking with a Customer Service agent, I know they can see my *gold status, but can they see United Global Service or 1k status?
Old Jul 18, 13, 2:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just *G... once you are not flying with your native airline, the finer aspects of status are pretty much lost.
Old Jul 18, 13, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: ual(1K), dl(plat), spg(plat), swa, hh, Hyatt(diamond)

That's what I thought. I spend so much time on LH LX TG AC that I wish there was some higher classification above *gold. Maybe *i live in the air
Old Jul 18, 13, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wildfan88 View Post
That's what I thought. I spend so much time on LH LX TG AC that I wish there was some higher classification above *gold. Maybe *i live in the air
If you are flying very frequently on LH/LX you may want to look at the HON circle program?

Otherwise yes it would be very nice if there was some type of "black" or "platinum" * alliance card however giving how grudgingly benefits within this so called "alliance" are given out now i am not holding my breath for anything anytime soon.
Old Jul 18, 13, 5:20 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by Wildfan88 View Post
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
...however giving how grudgingly benefits within this so called "alliance" are given out now i am not holding my breath for anything anytime soon.
Yes, sadly the marketing hype and the point-of-service reality of the benefits of Star Alliance are often two entirely different things.

As TRAVELSIG points out, if you are a very frequent traveller on LH/LX metal, the benefits of the HON program are hard to beat.

Short of that, if you travel enough to keep your 1K status AND earn *G status on LH/LX (or another *A carrier of choice), you may find you get treated a lot better using same-airline status vs. the "moocher/maximizer/alliance-scum" treatment sometimes allotted to partner-airline status customers.
Old Jul 19, 13, 2:10 am

I think the *G means you are pretty loyal to one or more partner and that is honored. The higher levels of loyalty are probably appreciated more by the carrier, hence its in their interest to prevent the über-loyal person to be recognised as such by a partner. The fear is that the UA GS discovers that SQ can offer him more and switches his revenue to that carrier.
Old Jul 19, 13, 2:16 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
oliver2002's description is also another (more polite and less cynical) way to look the situation...
Old Jul 19, 13, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
I think the *G means you are pretty loyal to one or more partner and that is honored. The higher levels of loyalty are probably appreciated more by the carrier, hence its in their interest to prevent the über-loyal person to be recognised as such by a partner. The fear is that the UA GS discovers that SQ can offer him more and switches his revenue to that carrier.
Come on now that the GS has a slight possibility of sometimes getting a transfer at Houston between aircraft by Mercedes the probability of defect has reduced to almost zero.

What about the LH HON that discovers that EK F costs less than LH business to asia ?
Old Jul 19, 13, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
Come on now that the GS has a slight possibility of sometimes getting a transfer at Houston between aircraft by Mercedes the probability of defect has reduced to almost zero.

OK SQ PPS solitaire and SK Pandion then.
Old Jul 19, 13, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
OK SQ PPS solitaire and SK Pandion then.
Come on now the 3 remaining Pandion members are very happy with their membership

Search this Thread
Search Engine: