Community
Wiki Posts
Search

involuntary downgrade LH F to C

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2013, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
involuntary downgrade LH F to C

It appears my flight on 10JUL AUH-FRA A343 3-class config is being swapped for the 2 class config (seat map no longer comes up and it shows the 2 class config under flight information), but they are still selling F class which is odd. My booking still shows O class.

What should I expect at the airport? Do they offer the infamous 4000 eur downgrade compensation in an equipment swap situation?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by chewy3
It appears my flight on 10JUL AUH-FRA A343 3-class config is being swapped for the 2 class config (seat map no longer comes up and it shows the 2 class config under flight information), but they are still selling F class which is odd. My booking still shows O class.

What should I expect at the airport? Do they offer the infamous 4000 eur downgrade compensation in an equipment swap situation?
I would certainly hope so.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 9:45 pm

Don't get your hope up too much. Where did you find the seatmap? Looks like the outbound flight the day before has F, so it would be highly likely that the return also has F.

[KVS Availability Tool 7.2.3/Diamond - Enhanced Seat Map: 09 Jul 2013/LH 618/FRA-AUH/343/First]
Code:
     A   |   D   |   G   |   K    
 1   +       +       +       +    
 2   +       +       +       +    

[+] Available     [P] Preferred   [G] Galley
[-] Unavailable   [X] Blocked     [|] Aisle
[KVS Availability Tool 7.2.3/Diamond - Enhanced Seat Map: 09 Jul 2013/LH 618/FRA-AUH/343/Business]
Code:
     A   C   |   D   |   G   |   H   K    
 3   -   -       -       -       -   -    
 4   -   -       -       -       +   -    
10   +   +       +       +       +   +    
11   -   +       -       +       -   -    
12   -   -       +       +       -   -    
14   -   -       -       -       -   +    
15   +   +       +       -       -   -    
16   +   +       +       +       +   -    

[+] Available     [P] Preferred   [G] Galley
[-] Unavailable   [X] Blocked     [|] Aisle
Old Jul 7, 2013, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
If you check the flight status on LH's website it pulls up the 2 class configuration (for both the outbound and return flights). This coupled with the fact that the seat map for my flight doesn't pull up leads me to believe that the equipment may have changed.

The outbound flight is also F8 which may be why they haven't restricted the seat map on that one yet.

It is odd that they haven't zeroed out F if indeed it is going to change, and even award seats are still available in F (if anyone is inclined to take a risk). In any case it will be interesting to see what happens.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chewy3

If you want to fly F I would phone LH right away and see what the actual situation is.

Alternatively if you want to gamble you can do it- however there have been more than a few cases where they ask you to "refer to your ticketing carrier for compensation" which may result in 0 and a C class (old) flight.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
If you want to fly F I would phone LH right away and see what the actual situation is.

Alternatively if you want to gamble you can do it- however there have been more than a few cases where they ask you to "refer to your ticketing carrier for compensation" which may result in 0 and a C class (old) flight.
I don't think they can get away with that so easily ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.