Search

LH/LX/LO/OS/SN/OU economy class food

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: LH
FRA-IAH, beef with potato mash
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:20 am

Catering For Economy Class BCN-MUC

I was wondering what to expect on a noon flight In Economy from Barcelona-Munich(2 Hours)? Is it the same like a 1:35 Minute flight from Rome-Munich with the small potato salad that I had in April?

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by danielonn
I was wondering what to expect on a noon flight In Economy from Barcelona-Munich(2 Hours)? Is it the same like a 1:35 Minute flight from Rome-Munich with the small potato salad that I had in April?

Thanks
Very likely it will be the potato salad or similar, with a couple of pieces of salmon or chicken.
If you have access to the lounge, at this time of the day, the may have sandwiches. If not, there are several food options in the terminal that are not expensive.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: LH SEN
On CDG-HAM recently I was offered a sandwich (ham or salami) on a wholemeal bread, along with the usual drinks service.

I have shamelessly borrowed this picture from this location

I believe the potato salad has been enhanced.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:46 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
St Nicholas' Day special

On LH European flights on 6th December (St Nicholas' Day) passengers in Economy received an embroidered bag containing a cheese sandwich, Lebkuchen, mandarine, chocolate Santa and a card.

Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
economy 'catering' on a 2-hour MUC-BHX: 'enhance away', Lufthansa!

Old Jan 18, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: *A Gold (LH SEN), Hertz 5*

JFK - FRA on LH
A while ago: Meatballs with a pretzl roll. The meatballs - and therefore also the roll - swam in some greasy stuff. Pretty gross. Although taste was decent.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:28 pm

Had exactly this beef and potato mash on FRA-LED last week, just the main though, with a Toblerone bar.

Originally Posted by shady
FRA-IAH, beef with potato mash
On AMS-FRA we had quite a nice tomato-basil-somekindofcheese sandwich. Returned on LX, on which the food was nothing to write home about, was very happy I had lunch at the TGIF's at LED before the flight!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
According to a Skytrax review of a longhaul flight from 21 March, LH no longer offers dinner choices in Y (e.g. chicken or pasta) and apparently all passengers now receive the same meal (like on SAS). Has anyone flown longhaul LH in Y recently and could confirm this? Here is what the reviewer writes (s/he flew from MUC to BOS):

A negative point for Lufthansa's extreme cost cutting program as on both meals no choice available, always only a single meal available which feels poor for an Airline with a claim of being a premium carrier.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:49 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
LH 409 EWR-DUS A-340-300 1745-0610 (+1)

Choice of teriyaki chicken or pasta with red sauce. This was pretty good though a little under-seasoned

Breakfast, pretty lame. Though nice that if you're not hungry you can take some stuff with you.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:50 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
LH 3062 DUS-BUD A-319 0720-0910

I was expecting more, oh well.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, HH Diamond
LH3241 CDG-TXL A320 920-1100

Choice of Ham or Cheese sandwich
Apple, Mint, Chocolate Bear with "Berlin" on foil wrapper
Old May 13, 2014, 11:53 am

Catering in Y BCN'MUC

Im on the 12 noon flight from Barcelona to Munich and have access to the Pau Casalas lounge and was wondering for 2 hours will I get a sandwich or the same catering as from Rome to Munich. As long as its something to tie me over till my MUC'YVR flight Im fine.

Any good wines to try on the BCN MUC flight and if sparkling wine is available is that a good option.

Thanks
Old May 13, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
LH usually serves a snack on routes of 2 hours. The quality and taste vary a bit: from cheese sandwich to wrap to some fruit salad, all is possible.
For the wines I think it's the same as usual, some German red and white, nothing special in Y. Not bad enough that it gives you an instant headache. I'm not sure if you can get anything else with bubbles and alcohol than beer nowadays. I never drink bubble wine on board anyway, but I haven't spotted it in Y in the last months I flew with LH. You can always ask and if they have it, give us some information on the bouquet, taste and aftertaste.

I'd personally try to find something to eat on MUC in between the flights (or bring some from BCN), as the flight to YVR is long and LH only serves one 'larger' and one smaller meal during the flight.
Old May 13, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by danielonn
Im on the 12 noon flight from Barcelona to Munich and have access to the Pau Casalas lounge and was wondering for 2 hours will I get a sandwich or the same catering as from Rome to Munich. As long as its something to tie me over till my MUC'YVR flight Im fine.

Any good wines to try on the BCN MUC flight and if sparkling wine is available is that a good option.

Thanks
Wines will be better in the lounge, also they have basic sandwiches but I am not sure if those are offered before 12 or even 1pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.