Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX/LO/OS/SN/OU economy class food

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes it's a shame about OS, because they used to offer the best Y catering in all of Europe. I think that honour goes to A3 now, although I found LG not so bad given the short length of the flights. The sandwiches I recently had in LH shorthaul economy were really quite good. The passenger sitting next to me, from Manchester, was pulling money out to pay for it and was amazed to find it was complimentary.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Some more LH sandwiches and snacks from the last few months.

FRA-OPO (10:05 departure - block time 2h45)

Shouldn´t the flights to MAD/LIS/OPO (etc) be offered hot meals?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:23 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Only if there is a competition on the route offering hot meals.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Only if there is a competition on the route offering hot meals.
MUC/FRA-MAD is served by IB and UX (and LA in FRA-MAD-SCL) and IB/UX have a Ryanair service and LA serves something cold AFAIK.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:17 pm

I got a hot meal in LH1800 MUC-MAD today:

Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:36 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by klausa
It may have been hot but was it edible?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:44 pm

To be honest, the scrambled eggs were better than at the SEN lounge

and worst of all, there was no leberkäse in the morning
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:26 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

To be honest, the scrambled eggs were better than at the SEN lounge
Scrambled eggs? I thought it was cauliflower cheese.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Scrambled eggs? I thought it was cauliflower cheese.
I know lufty has a reputation for coming up with weird food in F, but this was a 8:30 service in Y, cauliflower cheese would be way too extravagant for that ;P
Old May 5, 2017, 8:10 pm

My friends flew yesterday in Y from MAD to MUC. I told them that they coud expect a hot meal (I fly very often this route in Y/C). I was surprised to hear that the got only a sandwich, which is weird as one month ago I got a full hot meal in Y.
Another enhancement?
Old May 6, 2017, 11:46 am

Yes, the hot meal has been scrapped from MAD-MUC very recently. Also in C class, now only cold meals.

But FRA-MAD still have hot meals (both in Y and in C), being only 5 min more. Apparently is related to the fact that MUC routes are less 'premium' than FRA routes.
Old May 6, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by schrodingerdog
Yes, the hot meal has been scrapped from MAD-MUC very recently. Also in C class, now only cold meals.

But FRA-MAD still have hot meals (both in Y and in C), being only 5 min more. Apparently is related to the fact that MUC routes are less 'premium' than FRA routes.
WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT???? Cold service in "C" I can understand a sandwich in "Y" as there is no competitor airline serving free meals , but in "C"???
Old May 6, 2017, 2:40 pm

I haven't experienced by myself (yet, I'll be taking MAD-MUC next Thursday), but I read it in a different thread few days ago and also my itinerary shows the FRA-MAD segment as a 'meal' but the MUC-MAD as 'snack or brunch' so...
Old May 15, 2017, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Marcin83
WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT???? Cold service in "C" I can understand a sandwich in "Y" as there is no competitor airline serving free meals , but in "C"???
Forgot this post till today.

I was in MAD-MUC (6.30pm departure) in C last week. A large but cold chicken salad, a extremely delicious crema catalana, bread, butter and a large bar of chocolate. So yes, there is not anymore the hot meal...
Old May 15, 2017, 6:01 am

FRA-VCE / VCE-FRA (block time 75-85 mins) May 2017. Another FTer reports being offered a Milka bar on the same VCE-FRA flight a few days earlier.

MAN-FRA / FRA-MAN (block time 100-105 mins) May 2017. A choice between cheese or salami sandwiches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.