Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA & MUC

Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by ShikaSenbei
I would like to see the Christmas festivities in Frankfurt.
If this is your priority, you'll be better off taking the train.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Plat., Marriott Plat.
This is a really stupid american question, but do all the porsches available have automatic transmission/paddle shifters? I know how to drive manual but haven't in years.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
The one I took had this semi-manual/auto hybrid thing. I'm not sure if they have totally manual ones from the rental (I could see them not for this reason).
Fwiw at least you don't have to drive a stick on the other side of the road. Tried doing that in my mates care in Melbourne and after 3 blocks gave up. It was an fussy 80s BMW that amplified the motions of shifting being irregular to what I was used to.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Rented a 911 on Monday. Looked at my receipt today after seeing my credit card statement online, and Avis charged me 588 EUR in misc. charges, for a total of 700 EUR (I went over by 9 miles).

What on earth? I'm on a plane right now so I can't call but this is ridiculous. Anyone have any experience with this?

I left the car in perfect shape - sure, it was a little muddy (it was rainy that day), but no actual damage.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:46 pm

Did they email or send you any sort of receipt?
Did you drop it off at Avis or leave it with the FCT?

I left mine with the FCT and actually instead of getting charged EUR99 I was only charged $99 lol.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Did they email or send you any sort of receipt?
Did you drop it off at Avis or leave it with the FCT?

I left mine with the FCT and actually instead of getting charged EUR99 I was only charged $99 lol.
No, they didn't email me any receipt. I had to manually pull it up online using the rental agreement number, and only then do I see the 588 EUR in misc. charges. I dropped it off at Avis, and was not given any paperwork (was told it would be emailed).

I will be calling Avis and Chase as soon as I get off this flight to get the dispute rolling.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Rented a 911 on Monday. Looked at my receipt today after seeing my credit card statement online, and Avis charged me 588 EUR in misc. charges, for a total of 700 EUR (I went over by 9 miles).

What on earth? I'm on a plane right now so I can't call but this is ridiculous. Anyone have any experience with this?

I left the car in perfect shape - sure, it was a little muddy (it was rainy that day), but no actual damage.

Whoa, thats crazy, sorry that happened to you. I know theres been a couple reports of people being charged outrageous amounts for small damage that wasn't declared before taking it out.

Is it definitely extra charges as opposed to the wrong rental rate?

Please let us know how things shake out.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by bumfluff
Whoa, thats crazy, sorry that happened to you. I know theres been a couple reports of people being charged outrageous amounts for small damage that wasn't declared before taking it out.

Is it definitely extra charges as opposed to the wrong rental rate?

Please let us know how things shake out.
Definitely extra charges - it's 588 EUR reported as "misc. charges" on the receipt, below the mileage section.

I've also seen the same reports, even a couple specific to the Porsche / Lufthansa deal. I truly hope this doesn't turn into a multiple-month affair - I don't have the energy to deal with a rental car company over BS damages.

Will Chase take care of the charge in the meantime? Anyone know?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:18 pm

Wow that does suck. I used to be pretty careless with checking things until I had a Hertz 24/7 issue on a rental right before I did the LH Porsche thing and now I do make sure to do a good walk around.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Wow that does suck. I used to be pretty careless with checking things until I had a Hertz 24/7 issue on a rental right before I did the LH Porsche thing and now I do make sure to do a good walk around.
Yeah - big time - hopefully it gets sorted out. In the meantime, I've sent Avis a twitter message, as well as emailed their social media accounts:

[email protected]
[email protected]
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:15 pm

Yeah - big time - hopefully it gets sorted out. In the meantime, I've sent Avis a twitter message, as well as emailed their social media accounts:

[email protected]
[email protected]
How that ended? What happened to those charges?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, CX Gold, SPG Plat

[email protected]
[email protected]
I was also charged 99 euros, no worries, I even got some miles on my SQ account

What's interesting is that I have never been (from online booking to getting the car keys) asked to show any proof of flying LH F. Actually, not even a proof I had been flying at all...

Another comment - the Avis staff barely spoke any English - All I got from him is write down on the inspection sheet about a scratch on the door paint and change the Nav language to English... which was useless as there was no predefined route at all
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:12 am

Resolution is here!

Dear Mr. Callmedtop,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Secondly, please accept my sincere apologies for the appalling service you experienced. This is certainly not the service we promise to our customers and there is simply no excuse for the unprofessional way of communication.

I can assure you that your comments will be taken very seriously and that we will use them straight away to improve services for the benefit of all of our customers. It is apparent that you did not receive our usual high service standard – therefore it will be highlighted to our responsible management team in order for them to take corrective action.

And of course I hereby would like to confirm that the damage file is now closed without any further charge on your rental agreement. You have become a second mail, with this mail we have given the order
to refund the amount deducted, in the amount of € 588,00 back.

Dear Mr. Callmedtop, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.
I am very sorry for the poor experience and thank you for the feedback provided which continues to be valuable to our business. I really do hope that despite your last experience with Avis, you will give us another chance to demonstrate the high standards and quality that we reserve for each of our customers.
They also attached pictures of the damage, which is truly outrageous. I don't know how I could have done the license plate damage. The other dent, which is truly microscopic, could have easily been done by a flying rock, etc. Not a clue.

Link to pictures here

Now to get them to refund the taxes that were associated with the 588 EUR as well...

Either way, what a relief. I highly encourage anyone with troubles with Avis to reach out to their social media team. I posted the email addresses above (I sent one to both, but the European team is the one I've been in touch with).
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:51 pm

Resolution is here!
Thats great news.

Seeing those pictures and hearing the horror stories makes me think twice about getting the car on my next layover.

I mean the license plate, are they serious? Thats not even technically part of the car, and unless its a vanity plate has no market value whatsoever. And the other "damage" is just as ridiculous. Obviously they just pulled that 588 figure out of their butts.

Glad it worked out for you.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by bumfluff
Thats great news.

Seeing those pictures and hearing the horror stories makes me think twice about getting the car on my next layover.

I mean the license plate, are they serious? Thats not even technically part of the car, and unless its a vanity plate has no market value whatsoever. And the other "damage" is just as ridiculous. Obviously they just pulled that 588 figure out of their butts.

Glad it worked out for you.
The plate does have a replacement cost, though even in Germany I doubt it is anywhere close to 588 euros (10 or 50 USD here in MA depending on nature of damage). The other also doesn't seem close to 588 euros to fix, even on a nearly new Porsche.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.