Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish 787 Dreamliner experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
It should be very nice. Not sure if you are aware, but you'll be on a Dreamliner.

I've flown LOT twice and have been on a Dreamliner a dozen times.

The LOT seats are quite comfortable and the service was excellent. Seats are in a 2-2-2 configuration. I like window seats so 3A sounds good.

I've found LOT's food to be very good and LOT serves Žywiec beer, which is quite good as well.

If you're connecting, the airport is very easy to navigate.

My review of WAW-JFK in business class is online here if you want to see it (it includes photos).
Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PltPro, AMEX Platinum
First Time On LOT Business JFK-WAW. Any experiences?

Perfect will look at the review. Thanks!

I have seen mixed reviews of the food and service. Yes I am very excited to fly the 787 finally!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:15 pm

LOT 787 experience reports [merged]

Just got back from WAW-JFK. I flew JFK-WAW late last week both in business.

I must say I am not an expert like many here but have flown BA business, CX First/Business, AA Intl First/Business.

Both legs were on the 788 Dreamliner. What a beautiful machine. Super quiet, spacious and those windows! Wow.

I have read other posts/reviews from here and other forums/blogs and was a little nervous but it was already booked so I just had to hope for the best.

My flight out was delayed almost 2:30. This meant my connection was leaving WAW as I landed. I called Lot and they already confirmed me on a later flight. Same layover time so no big deal.

Got on the aircraft and was pleasantly surprised. I liked the layout. I had 1A.

The cabin crew on this leg weren't the friendliest however they did their jobs and did it well. So not like the amazing smiles and warmth like cx but good enough.

I can confirm the IFE is garbage. For me I just wanted to sleep in comfort so no big deal.

The bed was great. Very big and comfortable. I am 5'11" and had no issues.

Food was really good I must say. I didn't eat before the flight so i was nervous of not liking it and being hungry on the flight. I started with the duck. Next was the salad and my main was the salmon. Again very good. Finished with cheese and the cheesecake. All very good and I dare to eat better than my last cx business flight JFK-HKG.

Ride was smooth throughout and the transfer was easy.

At the lounge in WAW they refused me as my next leg was premium economy and not biz. The lady was very rude but all in all was a great first leg.

Coming back tonight was a pleasure. The canon crew were all fantastic. More attentive to the passengers needs and all of them wore big smiles. A very warm environment.

I was in 1f this time.

Food was really good again. Started with roast beef, then salad and had chicken as my main. All very good. Finished with cheese and ice cream.

Ride was smooth and slept for almost 6 hours.

I really enjoyed my first trip with LOT. Over the years I never even looked to book anything with them but I will from now on see their routes to Europe and for sure be back.

Even my shorter legs on the embraer 175 were great. Cabin crew and service were excellent.

If I can answer any specifics please let me know. I think lot is a great value for business to Europe from North America.
Dhamal likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by wireless_999
I can confirm the IFE is garbage. For me I just wanted to sleep in comfort so no big deal.
Supposedly the IFE is being upgraded in the 787s one at a time over the summer.

At the lounge in WAW they refused me as my next leg was premium economy and not biz. The lady was very rude but all in all was a great first leg.

I really enjoyed my first trip with LOT. Over the years I never even looked to book anything with them but I will from now on see their routes to Europe and for sure be back.
Sounds like it's time to get yourself signed up to a *Alliance programme to avoid any future lounge malfunctions

Which lounge did you try to enter?

Even my shorter legs on the embraer 175 were great. Cabin crew and service were excellent.
Love the embraers, very spacious and comfortable!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:06 pm

LOT 787 experience reports [merged]

I'm used to being aa plt and Amex . I tried to enter to WAW lounge in the basement. If I ha a diners card I could get in. I do have priority pass through Amex but I used it once in cancun and was charged. I only had an hour or so to kill so just hung out at the airport. When I flew back I used it since I was on business heading out and the lounge has nothing anyway. Little to no food and just drinks. I didn't even find power ports but of course I didn't bother looking. I'm sure there are many.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by theSaladDays
What does this upgrade entail? For me, the system itself was fine, but the options were so limited, but I was left with the impression that the system itself wasn't to blame, but rather the lack of available content.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by milepig
Quote:
agree!

Originally Posted by theSaladDays

What does this upgrade entail? For me, the system itself was fine, but the options were so limited, but I was left with the impression that the system itself wasn't to blame, but rather the lack of available content.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:34 am

I'm used to being aa plt and Amex . I tried to enter to WAW lounge in the basement. If I ha a diners card I could get in. I do have priority pass through Amex but I used it once in cancun and was charged. I only had an hour or so to kill so just hung out at the airport. When I flew back I used it since I was on business heading out and the lounge has nothing anyway. Little to no food and just drinks. I didn't even find power ports but of course I didn't bother looking. I'm sure there are many.
If you have the time next time (or are entering Schengen anyway) you can try LOT's Polonez lounge upstairs, there's always at least bread/buns, cold-cuts, cheese, fruit and vegetables, often some soup as well.

If you're flying business you should also have access to the Elite lounge (which you access through the Polonez lounge). Probably a better food/drinks selection and maybe a bit less crowded, but I haven't been, so can't say for sure.
http://www.lot.com/us/en/lot-business-lounges
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by milepig
Now that I think about it, I may have confused upgrades. There was one to install a greater variety of content and make access to everything free (as earlier there was a limited free selection and a greater paid selection). Then the other upgrade was to install wifi on all the 787s, I think that's what's taking place over the summer.

The latest in-flight magazine says there are around 30 films available. What was the selection like when you used it?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:20 am

JFK-WAW Leg Pictures

Nice Interior.

Ground Crew

Trents

Climb Out After a 2.5 hour delay

NYC

Windows on the Dreamliner are amazing

Starting Meal Service

Morning

Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:36 am

Waw-jfk leg

Very Light Load

Can't Get Enough Of These Windows

Trents

Meal Service

Time To Sleep

Second Meal

Initial Decent Into NYC

Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
short review LOT 045 B787 flight WAW-YYZ

I was very much looking forward to this flight, but it was a disappointment. Boarding in WAW (gate 22) was a complete zoo. I blame part of it on the gate holding area design (long and narrow, with the entrance directly in front of the jetway). As people enter the gate area, they congregate in front of the desk making circulation very difficult. The rest of the blame falls on poor procedures and ineffectual staff. Pre-boarding announcements were minimal, and there was very little direction from the gate staff resulting in a near stampede before general boarding commenced.

On board, service was mediocre as were the meals. FA's did pass through the cabin with water, perhaps 3-4 times during the flight. IFE screens are small (like AC economy), but selection was adequate. Announcements come in through the IFE headset at FULL VOLUME. Washrooms were not freshened up during the flight.
--
13F
Old May 14, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: US-CP; UA-PE; CO-PE; HH;Diamond
LOT 787 Biz Class ORD->WAW where to sit

Good day FT'ers! Wife and I will be traveling on LOT flight 004 ORD-> WAW and curious what is the preferred seat in Biz class on the 787. I assume more of a sleeping flight. Thanks as always!
Old May 14, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by gogate99
Good day FT'ers! Wife and I will be traveling on LOT flight 004 ORD-> WAW and curious what is the preferred seat in Biz class on the 787. I assume more of a sleeping flight. Thanks as always!
I liked 2 against the window in Row 2. I have more details and a lot of pictures in my Trip Report (where we flew WAW-ORD).
Old Sep 6, 2015, 2:05 pm
cvr

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum & Priority Club Platinum
We're planning AMS-MIA-AMS in October and I see good rates for Air Europe via MAD with the LOT Dreamliner. It's a family vacation so we're flying coach. I'm in doubt to book this route as the reviews on Seatguru for the LOT Dreamliner are very negative, especially on the seat pitch and width.

I see a lot of BC reviews in this topic but only a handful coach reviews.

Any recent experiences?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.