LOT 787 experience reports [merged]

Old Jun 18, 13, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by deniah View Post
It is par to below-par for EU business class lounge. Though for longhaul flight it would seem inadequate. Maybe it's much different downstairs.
The downstairs lounge has less of a of hallway feeling/design. Catering is pretty much the same, so I give it an edge over the Polonez lounge.

Originally Posted by aster View Post
Thanks. Any idea when Tokyo is coming up, will it be this Summer by any chance?
I don't think it will come anytime soon.
Old Jun 19, 13, 7:00 am

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by aster View Post
Thanks. Any idea when Tokyo is coming up, will it be this Summer by any chance?
No, I think PEK will be the first Asian destination in the late fall
Old Jun 23, 13, 3:41 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Another 787 delivery arrived yesterday at WAW?

I saw it yesterday on flightradar24 crossing the Atlantic from Paine
Old Jun 23, 13, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Another 787 delivery arrived yesterday at WAW?

I saw it yesterday on flightradar24 crossing the Atlantic from Paine
Yes, four B787 in LO
Old Aug 1, 13, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I've read reports that the LO 787 J seats have only two positions - sit up or lie flat. I find that hard to believe, as it seems like almost everyone wants to put their seat into "lounge" position for reading, etc. Can anyone confirm whether or not they can be adjusted other than the two extremes?
Old Aug 1, 13, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Silver; IC Spire
I posted this elsewhere, but it belongs here.

"I was on the return from yyz-waw 4 July. Terrible info on the ground. No news that flight was canceled until after departure time passed. Epic check in line (2-4 hours!) at YYZ with only 4-5 staff. Missed next day connection in waw. Given 400€ for missed connection, then Lot asked for it back!!?? When boarding final flight in waw 36 hours after original time.

Extremely pissed. Highly recommend avoiding LOT til they fix their customer service."

Still no reply from LOT for EC regulated compensation that I am due.
Old Aug 1, 13, 2:16 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by milepig View Post
I've read reports that the LO 787 J seats have only two positions - sit up or lie flat. I find that hard to believe, as it seems like almost everyone wants to put their seat into "lounge" position for reading, etc. Can anyone confirm whether or not they can be adjusted other than the two extremes?
The seat LO uses in the 787 is the standard Auralite C seat from Zodiac/Contour also used by Turkish (in their 77W), LAN, Air India, Ethopian, China Southern, etc.: http://www.contour.aero/businessclass/auralite

It has various stages from upright to lie flat.
Old Aug 6, 13, 4:50 pm

Hi all - I am flying on LO4 from ORD-WAW later this week in Biz on 787. Wondering what type of food service is offered during this late night departure (9:50pm Central)? Is there still a full dinner? We land in Warsaw at 12:30pm so do they serve breakfast or lunch before arrival?

We are really looking forward to experiencing the 787 in Business class TATL :-)

Thanks,
Justin
Old Aug 8, 13, 7:39 am

Programs: UA Silver; IC Spire
Originally Posted by patter98 View Post
Hi all - I am flying on LO4 from ORD-WAW later this week in Biz on 787. Wondering what type of food service is offered during this late night departure (9:50pm Central)? Is there still a full dinner? We land in Warsaw at 12:30pm so do they serve breakfast or lunch before arrival?

We are really looking forward to experiencing the 787 in Business class TATL :-)

Thanks,
Justin
BOL to you. LOT sucks.
Old Aug 9, 13, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lem144 View Post
BOL to you. LOT sucks.
Maybe in 2002...

The 787 J LO TATL experience is much better than anything UA or AC, and certainlyfar above LH.

OP, you will get dinner and full breakfast
Old Aug 9, 13, 2:20 pm
PHL

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
My friend and her 9 year old son are flying on a 787 (LOT #7) JFK-WAW tomorrow in coach. Everything I read here is about business class. Would like some comments/expectations for them in the back of the bus.

And a few questions - at what point do the blocked seats open up? I see them on expertflyer, but cannot pick them yet. Right now they have 2 seats towards the rear next to each other, but they would like window and middle if we can snag them. Would we have to wait for airport check in, or would they be open to the masses (non status) after a certain point like 24 hours prior?

How's the IFE/games? That will keep the boy occupied for a bit, and give them things to watch.

Is the alcohol complimentary in coach or will they charge?
Old Aug 10, 13, 11:41 am
PHL

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
LOT 787 experience reports [merged]

Follow up to above-I was able to put them in a window and aisle towards the front at online check in. We had hoped the middle would stay unassigned but the seats all filled up.

The flight, in her words, was horrendous. The flight attendants were basically non existent. They served the meal and then disappeared and didn't come back around to pick up trash for hours. She turned on the call button to ask for some water (after not seeing anyone for so long), but nobody ever came to respond.

When she got up and went to ask, they cut her off after 2 cups saying that was the limit for everyone. To pour more salt on the wounds, the people behind her had a screaming baby and they put the baby's car seat on the airplane seat in a way that restricted her ability to recline. When she asked them to move it, they refused and the flight attendant told her there was nothing she could do about it (and no empty seats to move to).

Luckily, she's flying a different airline back from Europe although nothing guarantees that won't be a bad experience either. But despite the shiny new Dreamliner, it sounds like the level of service on LOT (in coach at least) is what people have written about for many years....

Last edited by PHL; Aug 11, 13 at 12:22 pm
Old Aug 13, 13, 9:06 am

Programs: LH FTL; AA EXP; Marriott PLT
I did 787 in V, R and J and I am not too excited about either. I prefer LH or LX. Economy class in LO 787 is awful. Super narrow and hard seats. Limited entertainment and quite a bad food. If you can afford it go for premium economy. This is in my view a good product for the price. They found a really nice niche. C is in my view not worth the money. Although the seats are lie flat they seem less comfortable than LH or LX C, at least imo. Very small food plates in C. I was still hungry after dinner and I am not too big.
Old Aug 23, 13, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
LOT 787 question

Flying LOT from JFK->WAW. Seatguru doesn't list a seat map for this particular 787 but does list one for another 787 layout, which is 2-2-2 with 3 rows. When I called LOT to make an assignment, I was told that there was one seat at the front of the aircraft that had no seat next to it, which was 1B, so I chose that seat. Is this accurate, or did I misunderstand the LOT rep's statement? Does anyone have a seat map or pictures of these flights?
Old Aug 24, 13, 1:52 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
you should ask in the miles&more forum quastions about LOT

Search this Thread