Wiki Posts
Search

seat switch between bisness and economy

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2013, 3:11 am
Original Poster

seat switch between bisness and economy

Hi

I will be flying business with Swiss to Bkk. It just happen that friend of mine is on the same flight. I was trying to get an upgrade to business for him but it was so far not cleared and now it looks like this flight does not have any availability in business anymore.

My friend has some pains in his back when seating for long time - nothing he can not handle. However I would like him very much to flight in business class if possible. I wonder if we could switch our places so he can fly in business and I would fly in economy. Could I simply ask at the gate or flight attendant for this switch?
Old May 16, 2013, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anwan
Hi

I will be flying business with Swiss to Bkk. It just happen that friend of mine is on the same flight. I was trying to get an upgrade to business for him but it was so far not cleared and now it looks like this flight does not have any availability in business anymore.

My friend has some pains in his back when seating for long time - nothing he can not handle. However I would like him very much to flight in business class if possible. I wonder if we could switch our places so he can fly in business and I would fly in economy. Could I simply ask at the gate or flight attendant for this switch?
Just switch onboard.
Old May 16, 2013, 4:56 am
Original Poster

So you think there should be no issue asking for it on board. Great. thank you
Old May 16, 2013, 6:00 am

I'd strongly recommend not mentioned it to the airline staff and simply exchanging your boarding passes right before entering the plane.

I tried the 'honest' approach once (i.e. asking to switch on board) and was politely declined.
Old May 16, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: ACSE, A3*G, AB_Gold, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FRAkid
I'd strongly recommend not mentioned it to the airline staff and simply exchanging your boarding passes right before entering the plane.

I tried the 'honest' approach once (i.e. asking to switch on board) and was politely declined.
I second that. I tried the "honest" approach once and was told no, so we just swapped without telling anyone and had no issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.