Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Strike Monday, April 22 2013

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: NH*G* HH*G*
LH Strike Monday, April 22

Swiss won't be on strike but due to the fact that LH handels ground service for Swiss at German airports you will run into a problem in any case.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 5:17 pm

If my flight is not cancelled can I expect a decrease in service or amenities? I'm flying IAD-FRA
Old Apr 19, 2013, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bruinfever
If my flight is not cancelled can I expect a decrease in service or amenities? I'm flying IAD-FRA
unlikely - if you are in F then you'll still be able to enjoy all the 'spoils'! I'm flying the route through from IAD to FRA to HKG, only a few days afterwards.

Last edited by LufthansaFlyer; Apr 19, 2013 at 9:37 pm
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:36 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The FCT and or FCL may be closed! :0
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
End of the world as we know it....
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:46 pm

Programs: EuroBonus
Also, watch your airline if flying in/out of Gernajy on Monday. SAS has cancelled many flights already.

DanishFlyer
Old Apr 20, 2013, 2:16 am

Will the aircraft been in place for restarting service?

We are currently in Morocco and are scheduled to depart Casablanca at 1:20am on TUES. 23, March.

Will the plane actually be in the CMN airport so that they can resume regular service?

I understand that the transfer leg in FRA will surely be chaotic but I assume we will have better options to find some flight to SFO from FRA than from CMN?

Last edited by msk6261; Apr 24, 2013 at 1:26 pm
Old Apr 20, 2013, 2:18 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by msk6261
We are currently in Morocco and are scheduled to depart Casablanca at 1:20am on TUES. 23, March.

Will the plane actually be in the CAS airport so that they can resume regular service?

I understand that the transfer leg in FRA will surely be chaotic but I assume we will have better options to find some flight to SFO from FRA than from CAS?
LH usually tried to run their intercontinentals over the European/Germany domestic legs.

However, as their catering service appears to be involved in this strike, they may not operate flights without meals...
Old Apr 20, 2013, 2:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Last time they closed the FCT.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 4:10 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Announcement on swiss.com

Latest flight update Strike in Germany
Last update on April 19, 2013, 16:00 CET

Situation

The union "ver.di" in Germany has announced a warning strike on April 22, 2013 at several German airports. Unfortunately this will also affect SWISS operated and codeshare flights.

Further information will follow.

Current schedule

On swiss.com
Please find the latest flight information in the "Online Timetable":

On your mobile phone
You can obtain the latest timetable details and information on departures and arrivals through mobile.swiss.com or using our apps.

Rebooking

If you have booked any of the affected flights through swiss.com or a SWISS Service Center you can rebook your flight at no extra charge. To do so, please call our Service Center.

If you booked through an (online) travel agency, please contact the travel agency.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Wewillrockyou
Swiss won't be on strike but due to the fact that LH handels ground service for Swiss at German airports you will run into a
problem in any case.
And my attempt to rebook went something like this:

First SWISS Rep this morning - there is no Strike
Second SWISS Rep - there is a Strike but you have to pay 60 EUR
Second SWISS Manager - OK, your flight's rebooked
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
LH usually tried to run their intercontinentals over the European/Germany domestic legs.

However, as their catering service appears to be involved in this strike, they may not operate flights without meals...
I'm seriously wondering if I should risk even booking an award ticket in biz with another *A carrier for a mixed LH/UA redemption.

What have others experienced in the past with LH (intercontinental) flights on their metal as a first sector from an outstation airport into an LH hub??
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:28 am

They've published the list of flights:

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...ate=2013-04-20

Quite a few intercontinental flights...
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:32 am

Amazing! 1,373 cancellations on 22nd alone and some longhaul flights scheduled to depart on 21st from outstations are also cancelled.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by berlinflyer83
They've published the list of flights:

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...ate=2013-04-20

Quite a few intercontinental flights...
Three years consecutively in a row now industrial disruption. Even AZ has a better record.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.