Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Strike Monday, April 22 2013

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2013, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Strike missed me by the skin of my teeth next week.......
Old Apr 19, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Gold, HH Gold
I have a booking with USAirways on Monday, starting with the first leg HAM-FRA (LH013). As it is obvious, that this flight will not take place, I try to rebook this first leg to Sunday evening.
Lufthansa say they would rebook me, but can't as it is a US ticket which they don't have access to.
US Airways say, that according to IATA rules if the operating carrier of the first leg (LH) cancelles the flight, they have to rebook and reissue the ticket, although it's a US and not LH ticket.
Now, can someone help me and tell me who is right? I feel a littlebit lost between US and LH and want to avoid to travel HAM-FRA by train on Sunday (whis is my emergency plan of course).
Thanks in advance for any hints/help!
Old Apr 19, 2013, 7:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Hamburger
Now, can someone help me and tell me who is right? I feel a littlebit lost between US and LH and want to avoid to travel HAM-FRA by train on Sunday (whis is my emergency plan of course).
Thanks in advance for any hints/help!
Both are right. US can't change the ticket (for free) till LH cancels it, but once they cancel, LH can also change the ticket. Tiny bit of catch 22 here. Once the rebook/cancel policy is published (it seems they are still working on it) you can change the ticket.

Alternatively take the train and send the reimbursement request to LH later. It should also be possible to convert your ticket to a train ticket online once the policy is out.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 7:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
First Info so far:

Aufgrund des geplanten Warnstreiks der Gewerkschaft ver.di an deutschen Standorten des Lufthansa Konzerns am Montag, den 22.04.2013 wird es zu erheblichen Einschränkungen im Lufthansa Flugbetrieb kommen. Streikbedingte Flugausfälle sind vor allem für Lufthansa Flüge zu deutschen und europäischen Zielen zu erwarten. Flüge von Germanwings sind davon nicht betroffen. Langstreckenflüge sollen, wenn möglich, stattfinden. Alle Fluggäste werden gebeten sich vor Reiseantritt über den aktuellen Status ihres Fluges auf der Internetseite www.lufthansa.com zu informieren. Lufthansa bedauert Unannehmlichkeiten, die Passagieren durch die Streikmaßnahmen der Gewerkschaft verdi entstehen, und bemüht sich, die Auswirkungen so gering wie möglich zu halten.

Lufthansa erarbeitet für den 22.04.2013 einen Sonderflugplan, um Fluggästen unter diesen Bedingungen größtmögliche Planungssicherheit zu gewährleisten. Im Verlauf des Samstagabends wird Lufthansa auf der Internetseite www.lufthansa.com unter „aktuelle Fluginformationen“ eine Liste der gestrichenen Füge veröffentlichen. Lufthansa empfiehlt daher allen Fluggästen, sich frühzeitig vor Reiseantritt auf www.lufthansa.com über den Status ihres Fluges zu informieren. Darüber hinaus hat Lufthansa für Anrufe aus Deutschland eine kostenfreie Telefonnummer unter 0800 850 60 70 eingerichtet, unter der sich vom Streik betroffene Fluggäste informieren können.

Passagiere können für Montag gebuchte Flüge kostenfrei umbuchen und Passagiere von gestrichenen Flügen können darüber hinaus auch kostenfrei Ihren Flug stornieren. Innerdeutsch reisende Fluggäste, deren Flüge aufgrund des Warnstreiks gestrichen wurden, können alternativ die Züge der Deutschen Bahn nutzen. Dafür wandeln sie das etix entweder online unter „Meine Buchungen“ oder an einem Lufthansa Check-in Automaten in einen Reise-Gutschein um.

Darüber hinaus werden die Fluggäste gebeten von dem Angebot eines elektronischen Check-in (über die Online-Kanäle oder Automaten) Gebrauch zu machen. Zudem wird Fluggästen, die mit wenig Gepäck reisen können, empfohlen, sich im Zeitraum des Warnstreiks auf Handgepäck zu beschränken.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Announcement in English on lufthansa.com:

Strike actions announced for Monday, 22 April 2013

Ver.di has announced strike actions for Monday, 22 April 2013. Due to the strike actions massive flight cancellations and delays are expected. Germanwings flights will not be affected. Intercontinental flights shall take place if possible.

Lufthansa regrets any inconvenience to Lufthansa passengers caused by the threatened strike measures by ver.di and will do its utmost to minimise impacts on passengers. Passenger support and service has paramount priority.

A list with all cancelled flights will be published Saturday evening, 20 April, on this page.

Affected passengers please check the status of their booking prior to departure at My Bookings. You might have been rebooked for an alternate flight and can check-in for it here.

Passengers whose flights have been cancelled are kindly asked to go to the Online Check-in to verify if they have already been checked in on an alternative flight. If this is the case, the boarding pass for the new flight can instantly be created online.

Rebooking and refund of cancelled Lufthansa flights:

Lufthansa tickets for Lufthansa flights from/to/via Germany on 22 April 2013 that have been cancelled can be rebooked once or refunded if the ticket has been issued on or before 20 April 2013.

Affected passengers can who can not use the above mentioned self-services kindly contact our service center toll free

in Germany 0800-8506070*
in UK 0800 358 0538
in France 0805 98 0097
in Spain 900 901 465
in Italy 800 089 775
in Russia 88003334265

or via our local phone numbers.

* Toll free from German landline network. Call charges from German mobile networks max. 0,42 Euro/min

Travel on Deutsche Bahn:

Passengers travelling within Germany whose flights have been cancelled due to the strike may alternatively travel by train with Deutsche Bahn. To do this, please exchange your etix for a travel voucher under My Bookings or at a Lufthansa check-in machine.
When exchanging the voucher online you can either print the travel voucher or send it per E-mail/SMS to your mobile phone. If you do not have the time to exchange your ticket online or at the check-in machine, we recommend you purchase a regular train ticket. In this case we kindly ask for your understanding that you will then be refunded the unused portion of your ticket only. As the reason for cancellation was force majeure we are unable to provide any compensation beyond the value of the unused ticket.
Please contact your ticket issuing office after your travel for a refund of your unused ticket. You can receive current travel information under Deutsche Bahn or on your mobile phone via m.bahn.de.

Lost baggage:

In order to deliver your baggage please fill in our Lufthansa Baggage form or please contact the Lufthansa baggage tracing counter as soon as you arrive at your destination. For status updates on your missing baggage please go to Lufthansa baggage tracing online. Check here for further information on baggage liability.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 19, 2013 at 9:49 am
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shifting to videoconference mode for Monday..... just as well as this was my first LH flight in almost one month .
Let's all hope this gets solved in a reasonable way for everyone and quickly.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Shifting to videoconference mode for Monday..... just as well as this was my first LH flight in almost one month .
Let's all hope this gets solved in a reasonable way for everyone and quickly.
just chatted with my LH contact - this will be a proper mess. I am switching to the 24h earlier flight. (goodbye my long awaited upgrade...)

Good luck everyone!
mfk
Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Funny that the flights are still bookable! My wife just got email from LH saying that her flight won't be operated on Monday 22nd, however no further instructions were given. Considering it was the cheapest non changeable fare, is it possible to cancel and get a refund?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stiwi
My wife just got email from LH saying that her flight won't be operated on Monday 22nd, however no further instructions were given. Considering it was the cheapest non changeable fare, is it possible to cancel and get a refund?
Yes, if the flight has been cancelled. Check post #20.

Passengers whose flights have been cancelled are kindly asked to go to the Online Check-in to verify if they have already been checked in on an alternative flight. If this is the case, the boarding pass for the new flight can instantly be created online.

Rebooking and refund of cancelled Lufthansa flights:

Lufthansa tickets for Lufthansa flights from/to/via Germany on 22 April 2013 that have been cancelled can be rebooked once or refunded if the ticket has been issued on or before 20 April 2013.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 19, 2013 at 9:51 am
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:04 am

Fantastic, BCN - DUS - ARN monday...
Anyone got a number that works internationally? Will try to get seats Sunday instead.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by petrus
fantastic, bcn - dus - arn monday...
Anyone got a number that works internationally? Will try to get seats sunday instead.
+49 (0)180 58384267
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by stiwi
+49 (0)180 58384267
Lufthansa is a complete joke of an airline.

I am connecting through Frankfurt to South Africa on Monday. Been on hold for hours.

This is the LAST expensive Lufthansa flight I ever take.

I hope the striking employees all lose their jobs.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:17 am

Ugh. I have a flight Friday TXL-FRA-BKK...hope its a one day thing.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:18 am

Thanks. Random german msg and disconnecy. Could someone please pm me a vip/sen number? I really need to get this rebooked.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Just called HON Circle and wanted to rebook from Lufthansa to SWISS. They told me that SWISS will be on strike as well... is that true?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.