Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge access on UA Business Class award tix?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Lufthansa lounge access on UA Business Class award tix?

Hi. Flying from DTW - NCE via FRA this fall. Have business class on LH by using UA points.

3.5 hr layover in FRA. Almost wish I had more time so I could go have lunch in the city.

Will I be able to access the LH lounge at DTW and FRA as long as I carry a business class ticket? Or do I need something else?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Of course. Biz lounge, not Sen though.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:04 am

For future reference, on LH's website site under Information & Services/Lounge, you can see if you have lounge access. You input your mileage card/ticket and the city. Then the results will display. Safe Travels!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Will check into it thanks. Kind of bummed to find out that the business on the 733 is just the economy seat with the middle seat taken out. weird.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MSUspartans
Will check into it thanks. Kind of bummed to find out that the business on the 733 is just the economy seat with the middle seat taken out. weird.
A lot of Eupopean intra-Europe business "cabins" are like that. The middle seats are still there, just not booked. Business "cabin" is only differentiated by curtains in most cases. Take the curtain down and it just looks like a single cabin full of economy seats.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver
I had the same reaction. Flew business from MUC to TXL on way home over the weekend. First time I ever have flown LH. Was a tad bit disappointed too.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
A lot of Eupopean intra-Europe business "cabins" are like that. The middle seats are still there, just not booked. Business "cabin" is only differentiated by curtains in most cases. Take the curtain down and it just looks like a single cabin full of economy seats.
It also allows them to adjust the biz seating based on demand. You'll still get priority boarding and possibly a meal that you wouldn't have in Y. I've also seen the LH FA's enforce carry on size more intensely in Y vs J.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:31 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
This seems a better fit for the Lufthansa Miles & More Forum, so I will move this there.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
...possibly a meal that you wouldn't have in Y.....
I had something that was possibly a meal on Iberia in business a couple of years ago. I almost gave it back to them while disembarking...
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Hi. Flying from DTW - NCE via FRA this fall. Have business class on LH by using UA points.

3.5 hr layover in FRA. Almost wish I had more time so I could go have lunch in the city.

Will I be able to access the LH lounge at DTW and FRA as long as I carry a business class ticket? Or do I need something else?
You can also consider going to the Welcome lounge in FRA. Your C boarding pass gets you in. This is outside security in FRA, but with 3.5 hours, you should have time to make it there. They have lots of showers and a pretty good breakfast.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA-Gold, Hilton-Gold, Hyatt - Platinum
I also have a Frankfurt layover so this question was very helpful, but I'd like some advice.

I'm flying YYZ-FRA-VCE in a few weeks on Air Canada using LH for the FRA-VCE leg. For lounge access, even Executive First on AC is considered business for LH as AC has a 2 cabin set up, correct?

If so, which lounge is the best for a shower and rest?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 1:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lisah101
I also have a Frankfurt layover so this question was very helpful, but I'd like some advise.

I'm flying YYZ-FRA-VCE in a few weeks on Air Canada using LH for the FRA-VCE leg. For lounge access, even Executive First on AC is considered business for LH as AC has a 2 cabin set up, correct?

If so, which lounge is the best for a shower and rest?
The new Schengen Business Lounge near gate A13.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Puts our "domestic first" in perspective. At least we get better seats.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by nosey313
I had the same reaction. Flew business from MUC to TXL on way home over the weekend. First time I ever have flown LH. Was a tad bit disappointed too.
Yes, most, if not all, LH SH planes are set up like that. It makes you appreciate the oft-maligned F product in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.