Search

What lounge for LH F ex-LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many

I'm stuck there on a pretty long layover. Is there a decent lounge? Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: LH HON

The Star Alliance F Lounge is totally fine (for a us lounge
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daumueller
The Star Alliance F Lounge is totally fine (for a us lounge
Thanks. Anywhere to catch some sleep? I have like an 8 hour layover.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Thanks. Anywhere to catch some sleep? I have like an 8 hour layover.
IIRC, not really...maybe take a room at an airport Hotel?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daumueller
IIRC, not really...maybe take a room at an airport Hotel?
Unlikely to work, I land at 6:40am and depart 2:50pm, I'll just grab early lunch with a friend in LA. Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Unlikely to work, I land at 6:40am and depart 2:50pm, I'll just grab early lunch with a friend in LA. Thanks!
Wrong. The LAX Four Points has a deal where you can check in at any time for up to 24 hours.

http://www.fourpointslax.com/hotel-by-lax

It's spendy at $120, but hey, you're in F, right, and you are the Wandering Sybarite, so what's another $120?
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
The Star alliance lounge, First Class section has reopened but the Dining Menu & offer is gone, just a very small selection of quite poor quality buffet items.....

The Bar, is fine but it’s California & the Chardonnay & Sauvignon Blanc were from New Zealand

Bar, 9/10 👍

Food 3/10 👎
Old Oct 17, 2023, 3:13 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA PremSilver

I’m currently sitting in this lounge but am about to bail for the business one instead. The noise of the air conditioning is deafening in this small room. Food is better here, but only because of the menu items. The bussiness lounge is nicer in nearly every regard.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Ew, Monopole…

The *A lounge with noodle bar and outdoor terrace is delightful. Definitely a nicer place to explore than LAX *A F.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 4:58 pm

With 8 hours to kill, if you're departing LAX on LH F you could walk over to the United Polaris lounge. It's a bit of a hike from TBIT, but they have a couple of nap rooms.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by emrnz
With 8 hours to kill, if you're departing LAX on LH F you could walk over to the United Polaris lounge. It's a bit of a hike from TBIT, but they have a couple of nap rooms.
It was an 8-hour layover in 2013 as per the post. If he's still there, that beats Tom Hanks hands down.
cricketer, AJO, chris63 and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by sw1x
It was an 8-hour layover in 2013 as per the post. If he's still there, that beats Tom Hanks hands down.
Whoops. 😳
Old Jan 24, 2024, 8:45 am

Above in this thread I posted about how noisy the *A F lounge is. Besides the racket that the air conditioning makes, I also had to endure about an hour of loud phone conversations from one pax. His voice filled the room, and there was no way to concentrate on anything else without escaping to the Business Lounge next door...or so I thought... This article notes that the F lounge has a couple of additional unmarked rooms for VIP access only. The author of that blog got access to one because both were empty. Has anyone tried to seek refuge in one of those secret rooms? Now that P/S is operating at LAX, I imagine that these VIP rooms don't get much use.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Fennario
Above in this thread I posted about how noisy the *A F lounge is. Besides the racket that the air conditioning makes, I also had to endure about an hour of loud phone conversations from one pax. His voice filled the room, and there was no way to concentrate on anything else without escaping to the Business Lounge next door...or so I thought... This article notes that the F lounge has a couple of additional unmarked rooms for VIP access only. The author of that blog got access to one because both were empty. Has anyone tried to seek refuge in one of those secret rooms? Now that P/S is operating at LAX, I imagine that these VIP rooms don't get much use.
You just need to ask for one, if they are not already pre booked & you explain the noise issue i doubt there would be a problem, they know in advance when VIP are scheduled
Old Jan 24, 2024, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by chris63
You just need to ask for one, if they are not already pre booked & you explain the noise issue i doubt there would be a problem, they know in advance when VIP are scheduled
Thanks for the insight. I'll be going through there in a couple of weeks and will give that lounge another try. It helps to know that there might be a good quiet space if it's available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.