Wiki Posts
Search

Austrian OS long haul experience [merged reports]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2013, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *G
Flew VIE-JFK a few weeks ago in new C.

High points:
Food is quite good. Not quite LH/LX/OZ F good, but closer than any other C I traveled on before.
The IFE screen is very nice. On par with the ones on laptops today.
Service in VIE lounge was great. Great scrambled eggs for breakfast (again by DO&CO).

Low points:
Service before takeoff was so-so. I was in 9a, in the mini C cabin squished between the entrance/exit and the economy cabin. Perhaps because of this, I wasn't offered a pre-departure beverage until boarding was completed.
Having to watch a commercial for the new OS C cabin, when I am already in it, before starting any movie/tv show in the IFE was quite annoying.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by gnof
Flew VIE-JFK a few weeks ago in new C.

High points:
Food is quite good. Not quite LH/LX/OZ F good, but closer than any other C I traveled on before.
The IFE screen is very nice. On par with the ones on laptops today.
Service in VIE lounge was great. Great scrambled eggs for breakfast (again by DO&CO).

Low points:
Service before takeoff was so-so. I was in 9a, in the mini C cabin squished between the entrance/exit and the economy cabin. Perhaps because of this, I wasn't offered a pre-departure beverage until boarding was completed.
Having to watch a commercial for the new OS C cabin, when I am already in it, before starting any movie/tv show in the IFE was quite annoying.

I'll be on that same flight and I purposely selected the rear mini cabin as I heard it might be quieter. If given a choice would you choose the main cabin next time?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 12:44 pm

Debating whether to switch to row 9 on a 767 flight for ORD-VIE.

I think I read that the mini-cabin doesn't have windows for throne seats, can someone confirm?

Last edited by drzoidberg; Jul 9, 2013 at 5:31 am
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, BAEC Gold
Hi,

I'm going VIE-NRT soon in a 772 and looking for seat advice (seatguru still shows old seat map)... I currently have 1K but I'm worried about the thrones - I usually choose K row in LX's A340 because I hate LX's "throne" coffin-style space for the legs. Is 1K this kind of seat? Seat map is pretty open now so I could move to a non-throne aisle seat easily...
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold,OW SIL, SPG GOLD.
Originally Posted by flozano
Hi,

I'm going VIE-NRT soon in a 772 and looking for seat advice (seatguru still shows old seat map)... I currently have 1K but I'm worried about the thrones - I usually choose K row in LX's A340 because I hate LX's "throne" coffin-style space for the legs. Is 1K this kind of seat? Seat map is pretty open now so I could move to a non-throne aisle seat easily...
1K is a throne seat. But as it is a bulkhead it should not be to bad.
On rows 1,3,5,7 and 9 you have throne seats on A and K.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Koffee menu?

I was all excited to try an Eiskaffe (sp) after dinner on my JFK-VIE flight last week. Only issue - no separate Koffee menu! I was offered and did have very good regular coffee. Ironic also was that I found a Koffee menu behind my seat, stuck in the shell.

So does this exist? W-bound TATL only? Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The 'Kaffeehaus über den Wolken' with a selection of 10 coffees should be available on every flight. Maybe the machine was inop.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I was all excited to try an Eiskaffe (sp) after dinner on my JFK-VIE flight last week. Only issue - no separate Koffee menu! I was offered and did have very good regular coffee. Ironic also was that I found a Koffee menu behind my seat, stuck in the shell.

So does this exist? W-bound TATL only? Thanks.
Every longhaul flight.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:55 am

Any other comments/insights into row 9 of OS 763s?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:46 pm

The Mini-Cabin is nice during the flight (but watch out, infants in craddles could cry "right" behind you.
And the welcome drink can only be offered after boarding is completed, otherwise the flight attendants would block the way for the Y/Cl-Passengers an/or would not be able to return to the galley...
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Super80
The Mini-Cabin is nice during the flight (but watch out, infants in craddles could cry "right" behind you.
And the welcome drink can only be offered after boarding is completed, otherwise the flight attendants would block the way for the Y/Cl-Passengers an/or would not be able to return to the galley...
Thanks Super80!

One more question; am I correct in assuming that OS does not offer in flight WiFi on their longhaul business? Couldn't find any mention of it...
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold,OW SIL, SPG GOLD.
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Thanks Super80!

One more question; am I correct in assuming that OS does not offer in flight WiFi on their longhaul business? Couldn't find any mention of it...
Correct, no WiFi on OS so far.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:57 am

Now if OS & UA could just work out the logistics of crediting OS P fares to the UA program.... the main reason I stick to LH & LX for revenue flights.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Every longhaul flight.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 'Kaffeehaus über den Wolken' with a selection of 10 coffees should be available on every flight. Maybe the machine was inop.
Good news - had it on my return yesterday ^

Wiener Eiskaffe was fantastic!

I highly recommend OS, a very nice experience.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
New OS long haul cabin experience

Had my first try of the new product recently coming back from BKK. Service top notch as always. The seat was exactly as expected, super comfortable and no discernible differences to SN/ AY. And I do like the coffee menu. Brilliant idea.

IFE choice was limited but I've learned to load up my iPad before long flights. And bizarrely software issues mean the inflight map isn't operational. Apparently that is due a fix soon. But otherwise nothing not to like.

All in all I could definitely see myself flying them more frequently. Thus far I've tried to avoid OS long haul because of the product but now I may prefer them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.