Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Austrian OS long haul experience [merged reports]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by zoechow
Any advice on business seats on the OS 777 for non-status people (that excludes the thrones in rows 1-6)?

I can have a throne in 7A, which seatguru says is bad due to disturbance from the galley. The reports I can find report that the thrones have far too narrow footwells, and those reporting this prefer aisle-side seats from the sets of two. Those give much less privacy and table space.

I should add that this is a day flight from VIE to LAX, so I am unlikely to get much sleep in any case.

any advice appreciated.
thanks in advance,
zc
I booked VIE-BKK through OTA ( expedia) and was able to choose 3 K , throne ( i have no status in Austrian other than *Gold with TG). At checkin at CDG, I noticed the VIE-BKK sector had been changed to 4H ( aisle). They checked the system and my seat allocation of 3K had been cancelled 2 days prior (reason:family travelling together). The Paris checkin staff, who were very helpful, offered me 1K or 5 K instead.
Later I asked Austrian customer service, via email, why my seat had been changed without notification. They replied that any J seat allocation can only be secured by a payment of € 137-200) and that my seat was reallocated because I didnt pay (ignoring the fact that i hadnt been asked to pay). A really weird system.
The flight was ok: nothing special . I wouldnt do it again if Qatar is available at a reasonable price). I like Austrian on European sectors.
Edit: the footwells are narrow but these are good seats for a day flight ( mine was overnight and they are not ideal for sleeping given restricted turning space).
7 A is right behind the galley, consequently not the most desirable.

Last edited by paolo64; Jan 13, 2018 at 2:51 am Reason: Detail
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by paolo64
I booked VIE-BKK through OTA ( expedia) and was able to choose 3 K , throne ( i have no status in Austrian other than *Gold with TG). At checkin at CDG, I noticed the VIE-BKK sector had been changed to 4H ( aisle). They checked the system and my seat allocation of 3K had been cancelled 2 days prior (reason:family travelling together). The Paris checkin staff, who were very helpful, offered me 1K or 5 K instead.
Later I asked Austrian customer service, via email, why my seat had been changed without notification. They replied that any J seat allocation can only be secured by a payment of € 137-200) and that my seat was reallocated because I didnt pay (ignoring the fact that i hadnt been asked to pay). A really weird system.
The flight was ok: nothing special . I wouldnt do it again if Qatar is available at a reasonable price). I like Austrian on European sectors.
Edit: the footwells are narrow but these are good seats for a day flight ( mine was overnight and they are not ideal for sleeping given restricted turning space).
7 A is right behind the galley, consequently not the most desirable.
7A is actually in front of the galley and in addition it has only one table on the window side
you are right that throne seats (stand alone) have a smaller footwell then the other seats, however the bulkhead thrones 1A and 1K have slightly larger footwells than the other thrones
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
7A is actually in front of the galley and in addition it has only one table on the window side
you are right that throne seats (stand alone) have a smaller footwell then the other seats, however the bulkhead thrones 1A and 1K have slightly larger footwells than the other thrones
I stand corrected . Given the choice of 1K or 5K , I should have taken the former. The other thing I didn't like about the seating: the throne seats overlook the twin seats in front because of the lower centre area. While I don't usually mind a bit of kissing/cuddling going on around me, this particular view was a bit too close.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Opinions on OS 763 TATL J?

Considering booking a flight today, have only flown them short haul (quite good), wondering if anyone has an opinion on the longhaul J product. Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Considering booking a flight today, have only flown them short haul (quite good), wondering if anyone has an opinion on the longhaul J product. Thanks!
In my opinion OS longhaul business class is the best one in the LH Group. I would go for it any time!
whiskey_sk likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
OS has a good J product and an excellent coffee ^
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
In my opinion OS longhaul business class is the best one in the LH Group. I would go for it any time!
Thx
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
regarding food, service and coffee yes; seats and beverages others might be slightly better but not much
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
Confused in the New C class prefered seats OS 777 With Premium Economy Class

Hi,
I am confused in the seat selection for SEN in the new OS 777 with Premium Economy Class.
Why 1A,1K, 3A,3K, 5A,5K are not prefered anymore ?
Why the 1G is prefered and not the 1D ?
Same why the 2D is preferered and not the 2G ?

Thanks,
Mat
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The thrones are still chargable, but the others are restricted for some reason:

Code:
SM OS 0081/C/18JUNVIELAX/V                                                      
SM OS  0081  C 18JUN VIELAX        772                                          
        A  C     D  G     H  K                                                  
C  1    Y        .  /        Y   1  C                                           
   2    +  +     /  .     .  .   2                                              
   3    Y        .  /        Y   3                                              
   4    .  .     /  .     .  .   4                                              
   5    Y        .  .        Y   5                                              
   6    .  .     .  .     .  .   6                                              
   7    .                    .   7                                              
   8    .  .     C  .     .  .   8                                              
        A  C     D  G     H  K                                                  

. AVAILABLE   <> WING     F GEN FACI   K GALLEY   E EXIT    C COT               
+ OCCUPIED    - LAST OFF  H HANDICAP   Q QUIET    G GROUPS  P PET               
/ RESTRICTED  B BULKHEAD  V PREF.SEAT  X BLOCKED  L LEGROOM U UMNR              
() SMOKING    D DEPORTEE  UP UP-DECK   Z NO FILM  I INFANT  R REAR              
Y CHARGEABLE
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mat_bkk
Hi,
I am confused in the seat selection for SEN in the new OS 777 with Premium Economy Class.
Why 1A,1K, 3A,3K, 5A,5K are not prefered anymore ?
Why the 1G is prefered and not the 1D ?
Same why the 2D is preferered and not the 2G ?

Thanks,
Mat
A better question is why isnt 5G and 6D blocked as well, maybe too close to the galley

1G,3G and 2D,4D (as well as 5G and 6D) all have a table that is between the seat and the aisle, while the other seats next to them is right up against the aisle. So the blocked seats passengers wont be smacked into by people or carts

Just my guess

btw , the C and H seats dont have a table either probably why they arent blocked, while the thrones are

Last edited by craz; Mar 8, 2018 at 11:20 am
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Hi Everyone,

It's less than 48 hours to my flight in J from BKK-VIE.

All the thrones are available for selection. Is it truly free, or will the customer service agents seek payment upon arrival at the check-in counter or at the gate when I do the id check?

The app did mention earlier that they reserve the right to charge after a privacy seat has been chosen.

Thank you for any advice you can provide!
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No one will charge you, its for ASR only. Once checkin opens, its free.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:47 am

Thanks; I was able to select 5A.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No one will charge you, its for ASR only. Once checkin opens, its free.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:41 am

Just flew my first OS long haul in J, and enjoyed it very much.

Multi-course meals (had the halibut first, then the rigatoni before landing), coffee that is customized, and was able to have the Twitter team select a throne seat for me while I was traveling the day before.

Tiny quibbles:
Soft pouch for the amenity kit is below other airlines' offerings, but I can use it to store chargers and cords, or my Garmin GPS.

The seats in business remind me of the ones AC had in its 77P HD configuration a few years back. The seat massage function played mind games with me whether it was on or off. Ah, the memories... Interestingly, I found the tray table easier to manipulate than the one on AC.

Drinks were topped off regularly. The crew was a bit warmer to the German-speaking passengers, but in no way did I feel left out. The purser and other FAs checked with the other passengers numerous times to ensure we were taken care of just as well.

It couldn't have taken more than 10 seconds for passport control. I had to hang around the duty-free area as my gate was not assigned yet. The long, boring walk from the F gates is actually a bonus after being seated for 11+ hours.

All in all, very happy with OS and the easy transfer in VIE to my Schengen flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.