Miles & More earning and status questions

Old Dec 25, 2012, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL FB Petroleum / LH Oil & Energy
Miles & More earning and status questions

Dear all,

I am based in London, but I often travel to POland Germany and Switzerland so as you can guess I have been enrolled into Miles and More about three years ago just after getting bored reading the LH Magazine..

Two years ago I have realized that M&M was doing the Silver promotion: so yeah that wwas the time when I started to do some irrelevant trips RT LCY ZRH GVA during the same per ex. ... just everything in order to get the 30 segments done and get the status.

I fly without luggage most of the time... just a tablet and my laptop or just a backpack... Well I can just say that Silver status is quite high comparred to most of the other ways to travel in Europe (being a student I was quite used to fly in low cost airlines). Now it's hard to realize but even FLT with M&M is a bit of a luxury.

I've had many trips where I was not able to use the Star Alliance extra services like lounge in BUD / SJJ / GDN and this made me wewait outside like a WIzzair traveller...

Now I've requalified for FTL which will lasts me till 2016 or 2015 I think.
Aftrer reading online I realissed that I could be a Gold for few money spent as I will have to say bye bye to my savings if I wanted to reach the 100 000 miles needed for M&M SEN.... beside of upgrades and awards I think it's almost the same; same handfling and lounge access come on gold still gold ..

I am just wondering about the way how to get the status and well, the 18000 miles I need to hit the target.

From what I can see on the Miles&Bonus website, if per ex travelling in E class in LX they will pay 500 miles per segment and 50 percent of the normal miles... am I correct? If yes, a return flight made in one day could give me more than 2000 miles? True or false?

Now, let's say I book the same itinerary LHR ZRH GVA in J or D (business flex) will I get 4 x 1000 and 4 x 2000 miles so in total 12000 miles?

The whole story between accural factor and minimum miles is very confusing for me.

And the last question: is there something nicer than Star alliance Gold ... forgetting about the famous HON ?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
You should probably post this in the M&M forum, dnviessk
Old Dec 25, 2012, 5:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Moderator action

Post regarding Miles & More have been moved to that Forum here: Miles & More earning and status questions. Moderators there may merge into an existing thread, but will likely leave a referral link open for a while.

JDiver, Senior Moderator
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:37 am

Programs: miles & more , AEGEAN miles&bonus GOLD
Originally Posted by dnviessk
Dear all,

I am based in London, but I often travel to POland Germany and Switzerland so as you can guess I have been enrolled into Miles and More about three years ago just after getting bored reading the LH Magazine..

Two years ago I have realized that M&M was doing the Silver promotion: so yeah that wwas the time when I started to do some irrelevant trips RT LCY ZRH GVA during the same per ex. ... just everything in order to get the 30 segments done and get the status.

I fly without luggage most of the time... just a tablet and my laptop or just a backpack... Well I can just say that Silver status is quite high comparred to most of the other ways to travel in Europe (being a student I was quite used to fly in low cost airlines). Now it's hard to realize but even FLT with M&M is a bit of a luxury.

I've had many trips where I was not able to use the Star Alliance extra services like lounge in BUD / SJJ / GDN and this made me wewait outside like a WIzzair traveller...

Now I've requalified for FTL which will lasts me till 2016 or 2015 I think.
Aftrer reading online I realissed that I could be a Gold for few money spent as I will have to say bye bye to my savings if I wanted to reach the 100 000 miles needed for M&M SEN.... beside of upgrades and awards I think it's almost the same; same handfling and lounge access come on gold still gold ..

I am just wondering about the way how to get the status and well, the 18000 miles I need to hit the target.

From what I can see on the Miles&Bonus website, if per ex travelling in E class in LX they will pay 500 miles per segment and 50 percent of the normal miles... am I correct? If yes, a return flight made in one day could give me more than 2000 miles? True or false?

Now, let's say I book the same itinerary LHR ZRH GVA in J or D (business flex) will I get 4 x 1000 and 4 x 2000 miles so in total 12000 miles?

The whole story between accural factor and minimum miles is very confusing for me.

And the last question: is there something nicer than Star alliance Gold ... forgetting about the famous HON ?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Hello dnviessk,

there is little time left in 2012 to collect the 18.000 miles missing for u to become SEN.
Have u enrolled to myChoice 2012 promotion? It gives u many more status miles on a route selected by you. Double in economy and triple in business (within Europe only).
With this promotion you may get the missing 18000 miles with just one return trip in booking class D,C or J.
Example: choose myChoice route LHR-ZRH-LHR.

Fly LHR-ZRH-XXX and XXX-ZRH-LHR in D, C or J.

You will get exactly 18000 miles. It is possible to be done in one day!

AFAIK there is no other status between SEN and HON.

Happy holidays!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:38 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Well, it actually depends how many status miles you got this year, what you expect to get next year, which fare classes you usually book and what you are looking for. If lounge access is the thing which matters the most to you, I would suggest you becoming *G with another carrier than LH. The qualification thresholds to become SEN are quite high (100000 status miles), while some other carriers, like AC, TK, A3 have lower qualification thresholds. This was mentioned several times on this forum but A3 (Aegean, a Greek *A member) is the easiest carriere where you can become *G (24000 miles I think).
And no, within Star Alliance, there is nothing higher than *G. HON members on LH, are also considered as LH*G when travelling on other *A carriers (when travelling on LH group airlines, this is a different story).
If you become, let's say A3*G, don't expect much more than the published *G benefits (lounge access with one guest, priority check-in and boarding, one more piece of luggage, sometimes preferred seating (emergency exit for instance) - benefits which are already great compared with a Wizzair average traveller ! :-)
Old Dec 26, 2012, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL FB Petroleum / LH Oil & Energy
Originally Posted by Everest
You should probably post this in the M&M forum, dnviessk
why to the M&M forum is my questions are not about M&M
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:23 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by JDiver
Post regarding Miles & More have been moved to that Forum here: Miles & More earning and status questions. Moderators there may merge into an existing thread, but will likely leave a referral link open for a while.

JDiver, Senior Moderator
I think he is talking about M&B (A3) and not M&M (LH)...

Regarding earnings on LH/LX metal and crediting it to M&B, I would just check their website. Be careful though because they've changed the earnings 3 times and they still have the old ones on the website.

If you fly LHR-ZRH-GVA-ZRH-LHA on LX in J/D/Z/P (P is the lowest fare class and easily booked on LX) you will get 1000 miles for each segment. So in total this will earn you 4000 miles.

If you fly LHR-FRA-GVA-FRA-LHR on LH in J/D/Z/P you will get 1700 miles for each segment. So in total this will earn you 6800 miles.

If you are based in LHR I would recommend you to fly an international itin with LX in Business class (P fare). You could for example fly from LHR to Italy and then take advantage of the current offers LX has: MXP-ZRH-PVG for 1590 euros. This would give you about 22000 miles on M&B.

By the way, just have a look through the three FAQ threads in the M&B forums and amongst other things you will find this very useful tool: http://www.owenrudge.net/utils/starcalc/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.