Paylounge in Vienna, experiences?

Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Paylounge in Vienna, experiences?

Hello

Flying out of VIE on saturday but no status so I want to go to a paylounge. Does anyone have experiences with those?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:45 pm

I prefer the Jet Lounge on in the duty free area, which you can access regardless of your destination.

Around lunch time, warm snack are provided. They have showers, WiFi and a few computers.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:03 am
Original Poster

And during the rest of the day? I will be there around 6 pm- 8 pm. Can I pay at the entrance or do I have to book in advance?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: LH FTL, Marriott Plat
Depending on the part of the terminal you will depart – if you fly on an Star Alliance airline it is most likely the new "Check-In 3" – there are several Schengen and Non-Schengen pay-lounges on offer.

More info here. Cost of entry is 26 EUR according to the Vienna airport website. AFAIK no reservations are necessary. If you have a Diners Club or American Express credit card you can use the lounges free of charge.

Concerning offerings: on my last visit to the SKY lounge during dinner hours they offered a soup, salad, a tasty hot pasta dish and chocolates as well as Prosecco, two Austrian red wines, two white wines, a fridge stocked with soft drinks, and several spirits (cheap variety).

-Tom
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Sitting in the Sky Lounhge right now. The question if it is worth it:
Food: OK, there is some potato-ham salad and vegetables. Also soup (which I will try out)
Drinks: Indeed, no big brands. Drinking some prosecco now. Not bad but nothing to write home about
Setting: individual couches with a small table next to it, in the dining area there are bigger tables. Not too much people here so it is relaxing. WC's are ok
WIFI: free wifi

Well, if have to wait 2,5 hours. If I would stay outside I would go mad with all the shops.. That is the main reason to go to the lounge. 26 euros is steep but if I would drink and eat in the normal restaurants probably I would spend almost as much and I would have to move when finished eating. Here I can stay at the same place until boarding time. Anyway, next time I hope to have status so I can go in for free.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE: as my flight is delayed until 10 pm (40 minutes) I get to spend some more time in the lounge. Better than standing at the gate like a chicken without a head. After all, the lounge is worth it.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 1:24 am
Suspended

Yesterday i visit the Business OS Lounge in the early Morning and it was horrible.
No Ham, Cheese, Egss or something like that.
Austrian call theat "redlounge" = Business Lounge an it cost 35€ ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.