Wiki Posts
Search

Excess luggage on an LH Ticket with

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Excess luggage on an LH Ticket with

a United segment.

OK here is the senario the TA is on an LH with an LH ticket the onward segement is on the same ticket but UA metal.

Technically I am allowed to bring an extra bag and pay for it (€75,-) per segment. However how does it work on the UA segment can I pay that in FRA in one lump sum or will I have to pay the UA segment when I recheck my bag in Houston or alternatively have any of you ever pre paid the UA segment via the UA site in advance???

I guess I had better add the this is an eco flight and I have no status (my company normally insist on the cheapest airline not on the black list - our insurance thankfully won't cover those)
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:55 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
You will only have to deal with LH in Frankfurt. Your bag will be checked through so after you get it through customs at IAH it goes goes straight onto the belt. No need to go to UA and discuss pricing with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.