Brussels Airlines: which booking class is which service?

Old Nov 18, 2012, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Brussels Airlines: which booking class is which service?

I was wondering, is there a mapping of booking class to service class? I understand brussels has economy light, economy flex+ and business. Which letters are which class? My travel agent offers me brussels flight, I know the booking class, but it's not clear to me into which of the two economy classes that would book. Thank you.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Did you look here? http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...en&cid=1000188
Old Nov 18, 2012, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
International European flights

Economy Class B H M U Y 1.250
Economy Class G Q S T V W 750
Economy Class E L K 125
I guess what you are trying to say is that BHMUY should be equivalent to flex+, and the remaining classes are economy light? I saw that table before and I agree this seems reasonable. But is it stated somewhere a little more explicitly?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Zeehe
I guess what you are trying to say is that BHMUY should be equivalent to flex+, and the remaining classes are economy light? I saw that table before and I agree this seems reasonable. But is it stated somewhere a little more explicitly?
The table on this page confirms it, on the "Miles per flight" line...
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:44 pm

New SN fares: booking class N?

Hello everybody,

I just booked some dirt cheap tickets on SN for the Christmas period with the new fare Check & Go. A couple of things I have noticed:

- Elites still get one free bag, unlike the bag-free fares of NZ
- My outbound books in fare class "N", which is nowhere to be found on the M&M earning chart for SN. Return books in E.

I'll see if I'll have to fight to get a bag checked and to get my hard earned 125 miles
Old Aug 30, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Perhaps N is the new booking class for Check@Go class. More info about 4 different classes is here: http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-b...omparison.aspx

And immediately a couple of questions:
1) Do FTL/SEN/HON pax get their luggage allowance honored when traveling on this new Check@Go fare? Or will be like with BA: cheapest fare=no checked luggage regardless of status;
2) What about lounge access?
3) For Check@Go fares, airport check in is not available, instead "Self check-in terminals are at your disposal." What to do in stations like TXL or WAW where LH machine does not recognize SN booking and sends you to "any LH counter" only to be told by the personnel that only specially designated counter opened for a given SN flight will be able to check in for the flight.
4) The other new "Light&Relax" has a very attractive feature "Change to an earlier flight on the same day" with a note "Change to an earlier flight is possible at the airport and subject to availability in the same travel class." Does this mean that SN is following LH in zeroing out anything but Y/J on the day of departure?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:55 pm

As for (1), the link I posted above seems to guarantee free luggage for elites.
As for (2), it is a Star Alliance flight so I don't see why they would be allowed to refuse lounge access.
As for (3) and (4), no idea
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Would be great if kimdaenen from SN could explain...
Old Dec 23, 2014, 4:32 am

Today I checked in for my upcoming Check & Go flight and I refreshed the checked luggage rules. They have been changed.

As of February 1st, 2015, SEN/HON/*G travelling in Check & Go do not receive a free piece of luggage with their fare. I am not sure whether this 1/2/15 is the travelling date or the booking date.

Boo to SN.

EDIT: Booking class N has been added to SN's earning chart, and it earns 125 miles.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Today I checked in for my upcoming Check & Go flight and I refreshed the checked luggage rules. They have been changed.

As of February 1st, 2015, SEN/HON/*G travelling in Check & Go do not receive a free piece of luggage with their fare. I am not sure whether this 1/2/15 is the travelling date or the booking date.

Boo to SN.

EDIT: Booking class N has been added to SN's earning chart, and it earns 125 miles.
Boo indeed.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: A3*G
4) The other new "Light&Relax" has a very attractive feature "Change to an earlier flight on the same day" with a note "Change to an earlier flight is possible at the airport and subject to availability in the same travel class." Does this mean that SN is following LH in zeroing out anything but Y/J on the day of departure?
On the brighter side, I had very good experience this fall with this "change to an earlier flight". SN did not zero'ed out all the classes and I was always (4 out of 4 times) able to change to an earlier flight.

A strange side effect that will certainly not last : it looks like emergency exit rows are the last assigned (and not availabled during OLCI), meaning I even got one half of the time, when the flights were >95% full.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Anyone know that class "Check and Go" books into?

I booked an "E" class with SN from a 3rd party, trying to make sure I get a checked bag and it is NO check and go.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by little_dc
Anyone know that class "Check and Go" books into?

I booked an "E" class with SN from a 3rd party, trying to make sure I get a checked bag and it is NO check and go.
My previous experience shows that it's a Check & Go fare.

*G do not get a free bag anymore, so if you need to check some luggage that's not the ticket for you.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by malmostoso
My previous experience shows that it's a Check & Go fare.

*G do not get a free bag anymore, so if you need to check some luggage that's not the ticket for you.
Sounds like SN is not the airline for me. The *G thing will make sure I do not book with SN.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I thought I had better post in this thread, because if I started a new one I would probably write things I regret and get banned! Having bought a Brussels Airlines itinerary on expedia.de (the only flight booking website which actually seems to work at the moment), I am unable to call up the trip on the Brussels Airlines website, which is beyond crap (hasn't it always been?). I am equally unable to call it up at Miles & More (in my 'bookings'), or at Lufthansa (quelle surprise), or at checkmytrip.com.

So I don't know what service class L or S-class books into, but I am assuming that it is the lowest option with no free checked baggage. No problem, I can live with that. But where the heck, in this bizarre world of frequent flying, can I call the itinerary up?

I consider myself a mid-range frequent flyer, so I understand and can cope with many of the byzantine, utterly illogical and pointless foibles of the airlines and their ridiculous rules. But I am still surprised and amazed by something new and ridiculous nearly every day. But how would an ordinary traveler cope with all this? The LCCs are a sure winner here, needless to say.

Incidentally, the routing is BSL-BRU/BRU-GVA and it cost €167 including credit card fees. That is incredibly cheap compared to what it used to be like 15 years ago, where routes between Switzerland and Brussels cost CHF599 and up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.