Wiki Posts
Search

How many baggages

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAGold, United 1K, HHDiamond, Hertz#1 President's Circle
How many baggages

I'm a United Premier Platinum member which equals to Star alliance gold.
Next month I'm travelling to India.
United says it allows three checkin bags of 32kgs. As Lufthansa is connecting partner will they allow the same?

In return trip Lufthansa is first leg will they do same?

In Lufthansa how many cabin bags allowed? I have one backpack and cabin baggage
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Depends on which class of service you are travelling in: you get an extra piece of checked luggage as *G, in coach a piece can only weigh 23kg, in business and first 32kg.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAGold, United 1K, HHDiamond, Hertz#1 President's Circle
Do I get the miles in to my United Mileageplus account If I book the complete itinerary as Lufthansa flights And If I provided my Mileage Plus number
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Of course, no issues there.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You don't say where your itinerary originates/terminates, but if it's the USA, it's quite simple. Whatever your allowance is on the first segment, it will be no less throughout the itinerary. This should all be automated within *A, but having your itinerary showing your allowance can be helpful at some outstations.

If there's a fight on the return, don't have a huge argument because you won't win and all that will happen is that you miss your flight or worse. Just pay the charges using a CC and then deal with it on return.

US DOT rules apply here and LH is pretty efficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.