Buying up to Biz class

Old Nov 8, 2012, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
Buying up to Biz class

Greetings.
I am anticipating a flight soon from Canada to Helsinki. I'm looking at a flight sequence of Air Canada to Frankfurt, then connecting on to LH to Helsinki.

I will likely be buying the ticket on AC, thereby the LH portion will be a codeshare on LH metal.

Is there a way, or has anyone insight, as to the possibility of paying to upgrade my Helsinki flight to Biz class. I have done this before on a single LH flight, but that ticket was bought on LH website.

Thanks
Old Nov 8, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Skywards
I wouldn't bother if I was you... the only thing you get for your buck is an empty seat next to you and a bit to eat... on a 2 hour flight that's barely worth the money... just eat up in the lounge and your good to go
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:49 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by br0snic
I wouldn't bother if I was you... the only thing you get for your buck is an empty seat next to you and a bit to eat... on a 2 hour flight that's barely worth the money... just eat up in the lounge and your good to go
As stated, same seat in Eco & Biz and overall no big difference there other than what has been highlighted already. Safe the $$$
Old Nov 9, 2012, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by br0snic
Plus Plus Plus 1.

The NEK seat Lufthansa now calls business is not worth more than 10 EURO extra and I am being generous with the 10. Uncompetitive product so do not waste your money on it.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
Thanks for the responses. I shall heed the advice from all.

Regards
Old Nov 9, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: UA
Also, if you're *G and the flight is not full, LH will generally block the seat next to you on intra-european flights anyway.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by nycua1k
Also, if you're *G and the flight is not full, LH will generally block the seat next to you on intra-european flights anyway.
YMMV!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This has not been happening recently.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
..The NEK seat Lufthansa now calls business is not worth more than 10 EURO extra and I am being generous with the 10. Uncompetitive product so do not waste your money on it.
You mean over the current coach NEK stoll right? Compared to an old coach cabin, the new NEK business product is worth a refund IMO, not a premium.
Some institutions still succeed in instilling faith in some of their clients.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero
You mean over the current coach NEK stoll right? Compared to an old coach cabin, the new NEK business product is worth a refund IMO, not a premium.

Some institutions still succeed in instilling faith in some of their clients.
Agreed.

AB must be thanking the heavens for LH management not to mention the ME competitors.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Agreed.

AB must be thanking the heavens for LH management not to mention the ME competitors.
Even though I have to admit that the only times I ever set foot (more like "planted behind") on an EK plane, the seats seemed to rip offs of "Tower of London" equipment.

Last edited by weero; Nov 12, 2012 at 8:20 pm Reason: I did the "foot" vs "food" thing again ....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.