is LH starting to copy the SQ nonsense???

Old Nov 8, 12, 5:18 am
Original Poster

is LH starting to copy the SQ nonsense???

when creating another RTW on *A.com, i found that LH 454 FRA-SFO, while letting me book in to first class in february (A340), it shows "downgraded to business" in summer (A380) !
is LH following SQ not letting A class passengers book into fc on A380 or is it a glitch?
Old Nov 8, 12, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
... i expected to be enlightened on the *A forum, but after hundreds of views, no joy.
somebody here (Oliver?) got any insight?

"is LH starting to copy the SQ nonsense???
when creating another RTW on *A.com, i found that LH 454 FRA-SFO, while letting me book in to first class in february (A340), it shows "downgraded to business" in summer (A380) !
is LH following SQ not letting A class passengers book into fc on A380 or is it a glitch?"
most likely no A class available on your day/flight, hence the downgrade to C...
Old Nov 8, 12, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sentom View Post
most likely no A class available on your day/flight, hence the downgrade to C...
most likely, mmhh?
did you try to check ANY date on this route on A380??
Old Nov 8, 12, 2:45 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
most likely, mmhh?
A is iavailable for example on 14 May 2013:
[KVS Availability Tool 7.0.8.R1/Diamond - Sabre: Availability/GTC/US-V5]
Code:
FRA  Frankfurt Metro / Intl DE = FRA HHN [EDDF]
SFO  San Francisco Intl CA US [KSFO]
TUE  14 May 2013

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -----------------------------------------------------------
LH         454     FRA   09:50     SFO   12:20     388  0   F6 A6 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9
and on 14 June:
Code:
FRI  14 Jun 2013

---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -----------------------------------------------------------
LH         454     FRA   09:50     SFO   12:20     388  0   F7 A6 J9 C9 D1 Z0 P0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K0
and on 14 July:
Code:
SUN  14 Jul 2013

LH         454     FRA   09:50     SFO   12:20     388  0   F8 A6 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 G9 Q9 V4 W4 S4 T4 E4 L4
Old Nov 8, 12, 6:41 pm

most likely, mmhh?
oh nice, attitude when someone tries to help! ^

Originally Posted by vbroucek View Post
A is iavailable for example on 14 May 2013:

and on 14 June:

and on 14 July:
never trust any availability by KVS or expertflyer. more often than not i found it to be simply wrong... especially ever since LH started to twist knobs on their inventory management...
Old Nov 8, 12, 8:00 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by sentom View Post
never trust any availability by KVS or expertflyer. more often than not i found it to be simply wrong... especially ever since LH started to twist knobs on their inventory management...
Good to know, although I have not had a similar experience. Just out of the curiosity, I asked my trusted TA to do the same search for me few minutes ago and she got exactly same numbers... So in this particular case, I would trust KVS...
Old Nov 8, 12, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by vbroucek View Post
Good to know, although I have not had a similar experience. Just out of the curiosity, I asked my trusted TA to do the same search for me few minutes ago and she got exactly same numbers... So in this particular case, I would trust KVS...
funny enough i got the same numbers with EF, but only with POS USA. as soon as i switch to POS UK A availability goes down considerably. i would not be surprised if there is none ex germany...
Old Nov 9, 12, 1:17 am

She used POS Australia...
Old Nov 9, 12, 1:35 am
Original Poster

the thing is:
the *A tool is checking availability AFTER you do the routing, but downgrades to C before!
i still smell a rat....
Old Nov 10, 12, 7:26 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
the thing is:
the *A tool is checking availability AFTER you do the routing, but downgrades to C before!
i still smell a rat....
Incorrect. The *A tool checks availability twice. First when flight options are displayed to select from, and again when you are ready to book (since availability may have changed in the meantime).
Old Nov 11, 12, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

i may stand corrected, kiwi, however, my question remains...
Old Nov 11, 12, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is LH following SQ not letting A class passengers book into fc on A380 or is it a glitch?
I have had a few RTW in F (A class) with STAR and never run into this except with SQ and only on the A388.

Have your TA give LH sales a call- they should be able to fix this- up until now anyway they still want to sell FSTARRTW fares.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: