Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Web Check-In Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Lufthansa Web Check-In Question

In November I am flying FRA->AKL via LAX (first leg on Lufthansa, second on Air New Zealand) and since Air New Zealand does not offer web check-in, I was wondering whether I would be able to check in online via Lufthansa for this flight or whether that won't work because it was booked via Air New Zealand?

Edit:
Also, what are the chances of getting a refurbished 747 or even a new 748i?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
*A prides itself to be fully integrated (at least when it comes to check in), so you should be able to checkin online and get your BPs all the way to AKL.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:37 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
*A prides itself to be fully integrated (at least when it comes to check in), so you should be able to checkin online and get your BPs all the way to AKL.
Unless the itinerary involves UA?

Originally Posted by _windi_
Very little chance of a 748i. Check here for the registration of aircraft which operated LH456 recently and compare with the list of refurbished 747s in this post.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Unless the itinerary involves UA?
UA loves Cessna HONs, so they have to present themselves at the counter in person for exceptional personal service

That said UA always checked me thru all the way when they operated the first leg and LH/SK the remainder. The same goes for the reverse.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
UA loves Cessna HONs, so they have to present themselves at the counter in person for exceptional personal service
But Xyzzy assured me he had problems checking in for LH flights with UA issued tickets.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by _windi_
In November I am flying FRA->AKL via LAX (first leg on Lufthansa, second on Air New Zealand) and since Air New Zealand does not offer web check-in, I was wondering whether I would be able to check in online via Lufthansa for this flight or whether that won't work because it was booked via Air New Zealand?

Edit:
I checked in for FRA-LHR-HKG several times via the LH web check-in (with FRA-LHR on LH and LHR-HKG on NZ) and always received all boarding passes to my destination, so you should be fine.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
I am flying DUB-FRA-MEX. When I check in 23 hrs before my DUB-FRA flight, will I also receive my FRA-MEX boarding card, even though it's greater than 23 hours before this leg?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by mrdisco
I am flying DUB-FRA-MEX. When I check in 23 hrs before my DUB-FRA flight, will I also receive my FRA-MEX boarding card, even though it's greater than 23 hours before this leg?
Yes, it's the first flight that counts for the 23 hours (no guarantee for IT glitches though )
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Excellent! Merci

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.