Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What breakfast foods do OS Senators Lounges offer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
What breakfast foods do OS Senators Lounges offer

I have been to AC, UA, US, NZ, and SQ lounges, as well as LH and SK lounges. Their quality and quantity are different,

I hope that the OS lounges are closer to the top level of the above lounges.

What are the breakfast offerings in the OS lounges?

Do they offer hot food? Do they offer fresh fruit? Do they offer a variety of breads and rolls? Do they offer breakfast cereals? Do they offer beverages besides fruit juices (probably from concentrate only?), water, tea and coffee?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Never been at an OS Senator lounge (Only in Vienna) but as their catering is Do&Co and what I heard you would need to excpect something between LH Senator and First Class lounge.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold+, LH HON, Starw Plat, RC Plat
The food in OS lounge is quite exceptional. Scramble eggs, pancakes, bacon. Seperate toaster with a selection of breads. Good choice of cold cuts, cheese, and many teas. Decaf and regular coffee, canned fruit juices and fresh water. They also have yogurts, cereals and fruit salad along with dried fruit. In addition to this they also provide nice crockery and real glasses, no plastic.
Unfortunately there about a 100 people there so usually there is little left if you reach after 8am.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Thanks.

PS-is there a difference in the breakfast (or any other time) time food offerings between the Schentgen departure area and other international departure area lounges?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:29 am

Programs: M&M SEN
No difference (any more) between Schengen and non-Schengen SEN lounges.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: LH Senator
Any experience about the food in the Senator lounge in Vienna at lunch- and dinner time?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:32 am

On the OS Schengen SEN lounge last Friday at 1900 was:
- pasta (with a creamy tomato sauce)
- salad with mini mozarella balls and cherry tomatoes
- curry chicken salad.
- some other stuff like bread and soup that I didn't try.

Good for a decent snack, and despite the lounge being busy the staff replenished the food frequently.

I wasn't too impressed with the new terminal at VIE though - I just thought the layout meant long walking distances when going non-Schengen to Schengen.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Cool

Originally Posted by 2525kk
Any experience about the food in the Senator lounge in Vienna at lunch- and dinner time?
I was really hoping that after more than 10 years of waiting for a new lounge that meets the needs of today-s traveler, I would see somethıng new.
But last month I was disapointed agaın ın the new SEN Schengen Lounge at VIE. It ıs slightly bıgger than the old one, but offers preety much the same stuff. And is packed as the prevıous one. Foods and drınks are regular.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.