Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
Re: PPB Upgrade / Miles not Posting- Flight not Eligible

Dear LH team,
Up to now have not posted on this although it happens every time but finally after my flgt last week its time LH as a 5 star airline connects its systems to arrive in the 21st century.
Every time PPB is used to upgrade a flight;
- the miles never post
- request the miles / screenshot reply

- so every time I have to contact my local LH office to assist with a manual request which thankfully I have such contact, I can only imagine all PPB users have the same issue & I cannot understand why the systems are not aligned , this is very frustrating.

Kind regards
Seth Underwood
Old May 14, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Waiting List for F Upgrade

Hi
Wondering if you can help
I have a LH Ticket on 220 stock, with LH Senator status and United 1 K status - Senator # in booking
Upgraded a long haul LX flight with 2 E Vouchers , cleared instantly into First (A Class on LX)
Applied for an upgrade to LH F on a FRA-JFK segment with F=7 A=6 with a United Global Premier Upgrade with a D-class, hoping to get O Class
Upgrade is waitlisted from last Friday , LX Senator line told me I am the only pax on waiting list and there is O space available, but as a LH ticket they cant help because its a LH ticket
In past many times same situation upgrade cleared within 24-36 hours
Is there a problem with my upgrade (problem with United or LH IT)?
Why am I still waitlisted if there is O class/upgrade space available?
Old May 15, 2019, 7:45 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by europeanflyer
Dear LH team,
Up to now have not posted on this although it happens every time but finally after my flgt last week its time LH as a 5 star airline connects its systems to arrive in the 21st century.
- the miles never post

- so every time I have to contact my local LH office to assist with a manual request which thankfully I have such contact, I can only imagine all PPB users have the same issue & I cannot understand why the systems are not aligned , this is very frustrating.

Kind regards
Seth Underwood
Hi Seth,
thank you for your feedback, I will forward it to PartnerPlus Benefit for internal evaluation.
Vanessa
Old May 15, 2019, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by cbourl
Hi
Wondering if you can help
I have a LH Ticket on 220 stock, with LH Senator status and United 1 K status - Senator # in booking
Upgraded a long haul LX flight with 2 E Vouchers , cleared instantly into First (A Class on LX)
Applied for an upgrade to LH F on a FRA-JFK segment with F=7 A=6 with a United Global Premier Upgrade with a D-class, hoping to get O Class
Upgrade is waitlisted from last Friday , LX Senator line told me I am the only pax on waiting list and there is O space available, but as a LH ticket they cant help because its a LH ticket
In past many times same situation upgrade cleared within 24-36 hours
Is there a problem with my upgrade (problem with United or LH IT)?
Why am I still waitlisted if there is O class/upgrade space available?
Hi cbourl,
please understand that it is not possible to check in advance that an upgrade will be confirmed, nor is there any guarantee. Please rest assured that all waiting lists are checked regularly automatically. The possibility of the upgrade being confirmed depends on various factors. Please note that those are internal information that I cannot disclose.
Vanessa
Old May 15, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi cbourl,
please understand that it is not possible to check in advance that an upgrade will be confirmed, nor is there any guarantee. Please rest assured that all waiting lists are checked regularly automatically. The possibility of the upgrade being confirmed depends on various factors. Please note that those are internal information that I cannot disclose.
Vanessa
Thank you -what I cant understand is why every other upgrade I have done to LH F over the past 8 years with a United GPU has cleared within 24 hours -I am concerned there is perhaps an IT issue

Last edited by cbourl; May 15, 2019 at 9:32 pm Reason: Typo
Old May 16, 2019, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by cbourl
Thank you -what I cant understand is why every other upgrade I have done to LH F over the past 8 years with a United GPU has cleared within 24 hours -I am concerned there is perhaps an IT issue
Hello again, cbourl,

I understand the confusion. However, consider yourself lucky if past upgrades to First class were confirmed right away. Also, to my understanding, GPU do not apply for Lufthansa-operated flights? Via Miles & More, award flight and upgrade capacity in First class is scarce and requests quite often are waitlisted for some time until they are cleared. This, most definitely, is not an IT issue.

Katharina
Old May 16, 2019, 5:57 am

Hello again, cbourl,

I understand the confusion. However, consider yourself lucky if past upgrades to First class were confirmed right away. Also, to my understanding, GPU do not apply for Lufthansa-operated flights? Via Miles & More, award flight and upgrade capacity in First class is scarce and requests quite often are waitlisted for some time until they are cleared. This, most definitely, is not an IT issue.

Katharina
GPUs apply for LH and NH flights through MileagePlus LH GPU Upgrades have been available for many years I must have been very lucky for the past 10 years
[redacted]

Last edited by oliver2002; May 16, 2019 at 6:30 am Reason: Removed comments on lurkers. See rules in the first post of this thread.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: LH Senator
Unhappy discrimanation of signle persons

Dear LH lurkers
I just thought today that it is sort of discrimination of single persons - there is a great fare to fly from Milan to some destination in Asia, America and Middle East, basically first/business class for a half price BUT there have to be 2 people flying! So I ve been trying to find somone to fly with me, but no such luck :-( .
Why there are never such a great promotions for signle people? give me a price 2.500 euros for a return first class and I will buy immediately :-) .
I really suffer that I can not use this fare :-(
kind regards
Old May 22, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, Accor Plat
Hi,
I am wondering about the seat blocking for SENs benefit. For some reason, this never seems to apply to me as a SEN when I fly with LH. The few times I flew in Y this year the planes were mostly half-full but the middle seat next to mine was always occupied by somebody (with plenty of unoccupied seats available more towards the middle and back of the plane). I didn't think much of it in the beginning but seeing how I have a flight on LH in Y coming up in three days I can still see online that the middle seat next to mine is open for selection. Flight doesn't appear to be fully booked (at least not yet!) and only a handful of seats have been pre-selected (none yet in my zone which is the preferred zone towards the front of the aircraft). Shouldn't the middle seat normally be blocked automatically next to a SEN and then only made available to a passenger if the flight is full? I'm not stating anything here as I don't fully understand the rules - only assuming. Also, does this benefit usually extend to LX and OS flights or theoretically only on LH?
Thanks in advance
Old May 23, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: M&M HON***
Hi Seth,
thank you for your feedback, I will forward it to PartnerPlus Benefit for internal evaluation.
Vanessa
Originally Posted by europeanflyer
Dear LH team,
- the miles never post

Kind regards
Seth Underwood
I can confirm this. Has happened to all my PPB upgrades within the past 5 years so far. Reported the issue on each occasion. Last time it took 4 attempts to get my miles credited.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by mywaterbroke
Hi,
I am wondering about the seat blocking for SENs benefit. For some reason, this never seems to apply to me as a SEN when I fly with LH. The few times I flew in Y this year the planes were mostly half-full but the middle seat next to mine was always occupied by somebody (with plenty of unoccupied seats available more towards the middle and back of the plane). I didn't think much of it in the beginning but seeing how I have a flight on LH in Y coming up in three days I can still see online that the middle seat next to mine is open for selection. Flight doesn't appear to be fully booked (at least not yet!) and only a handful of seats have been pre-selected (none yet in my zone which is the preferred zone towards the front of the aircraft). Shouldn't the middle seat normally be blocked automatically next to a SEN and then only made available to a passenger if the flight is full? I'm not stating anything here as I don't fully understand the rules - only assuming. Also, does this benefit usually extend to LX and OS flights or theoretically only on LH?
Thanks in advance
Hello,

I would understand the confusion if the seat blocking was an officially communicated benefit for Senators. However, even though we are faced with similar complaints in regards to such feature from time to time, it is not. Neither it shows up among the listed benefits on http://bit.ly/30GNPws or http://bit.ly/2Et5Kxe. Kindly understand that that's why I can't comment further on your observation or have reason to have it internally verified.

Best, Katharina

Last edited by LufthansaGermanAirlines; May 23, 2019 at 6:29 am Reason: links shortened
Old May 23, 2019, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by gru_muc

I can confirm this. Has happened to all my PPB upgrades within the past 5 years so far. Reported the issue on each occasion. Last time it took 4 attempts to get my miles credited.
Hi gru_muc,

I regret to hear you're experiencing the same issues. I have forwarded your feedback as well. Let's see whether the problem can be fixed at some point.

Best, Katharina
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Dear lurker,
I was just wondering whether there is a problem with the feedback form or whether customer service is just extremely slow at the moment?

I was traveling with a companion in F late in April, sent in some feedback early in May and still have not heard anything from LH.

When I clicked on submit, I got the „thank you for your feedback“ page, but never received the usual confirmation email. Have they stopped sending out these emails? Or did something else go wrong?

Thank you.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Dear lurker,
I was just wondering whether there is a problem with the feedback form or whether customer service is just extremely slow at the moment?

I was traveling with a companion in F late in April, sent in some feedback early in May and still have not heard anything from LH.

When I clicked on submit, I got the „thank you for your feedback“ page, but never received the usual confirmation email. Have they stopped sending out these emails? Or did something else go wrong?

Thank you.
Hi worldclubber,

we have not been informed about any delays in regards to Customer Relations' handling of your feedback. If you would like to, you can contact us via private message with your full name and we'll verify if your inquiry was successfully registered.

Best, Katharina
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Hi worldclubber,

we have not been informed about any delays in regards to Customer Relations' handling of your feedback. If you would like to, you can contact us via private message with your full name and we'll verify if your inquiry was successfully registered.

Best, Katharina
Dear Katharina,
thank you very much for your reply.

I did not receive a confirmation email that my feedback was successfully registered. Does that mean that it was not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.