Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:31 pm

Dear LH Lurkers,

As I'm kind of hitting a brick wall with my LH contacts for a refund (recently I asked for advice in the thread Best contact for a refund issue), are you able to provide a contact that I can actually speak to beyond the first line? I am constantly reassured that my refund is being dealt with (or that it has been dealt with according to the fare rules, which are irrelevant in this situation).

I don't want to deal with this through my credit card provider via a chargeback, I hoped that LH would deal with this professionally and quickly. But I just can't get a response as to why there is a problem and feel that I have no further options.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:33 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by cas_de
Dear LH Lurkers,

first of all I would like to wish you happy holidays! I am reaching out to you using this channel, because I am getting extremely frustrated dealing with the M&M Hotline and with M&M over the contact form. Like many others I am still suffering from several mileage crediting issues since the March switchover to the new system. There are some instances where I chase correct credit of miles since April. After submitting this issue to M&M via the Hotline (both SEN and directly via the M&M Hotline) 4 times and submitting the relevant information via the contact form twice I only get a standard response that miles can only be credited within a six months window and that this problem can be avoided if I provide my M&M number at the time of booking/travel.

Which is what I did in the first place. As indicated I still have the issue of incorrect credit of a flight under the old system in April (booked in March); incorrect postings under the old system as recently as December; missing car rental mileage postings and a flight with a cash upgrade still to be adjusted / recredited.

In this particular case I booked two cash upgrades for a round trip in November. Both flights were credited only after I did request a retrocredit online under the original economy booking class and the using the old mileage system. After calling in both flights were taken out of my account ("storniert"). The outbound flight was re-credited correctly (in business class), but the return flight has not been re-credited yet for more than one month. A call to the SEN hotline did only yield the result "still pending". Frankly spoken, if the outbound segment can be corrected within a couple of days why is it seemingly impossible to correct the returning flight in a somewhat timely manner?

I am well aware of the technical issues that came along with the implementation of the new system, but still having to deal with issues (caused by this change) 8 months later is very frustrating. Getting standard text block responses that clearly don't have anything to do with addressing & solving the issue does not help to increase customer satisfaction.

Thanks,
cas_de
Dear Lurkers - I am still looking forward to hearing back from you regarding this issue I have brought up before Christmas.

Thanks,
cas_de
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:36 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Erikderek_SWE
Booking Economy Light tickets and I have added bags for some of the passengers on my booking. When I reach the final step (entering CC details) there a textbox with a yellow triangel and exclamation-point together with the text "Your service selection contains unavailable service(s). (119225)", if I remove the bags this message disappears. I did some googling and this seems lika a bug in the LH system, how ever the booking system lets me enter CC details and proceed with my booking (cost for bags are added in the total) but I don't dare to proceed since I'm afraid this error message thing will screw up my booking = charging my CC and then I don't get baggage allowance I paid for.

Any advice, should I just click proceed, pay and smile?

EK
Hi Erikderek_SWE,

sorry to hear that you're having problems adding baggage online.

I recommend that you please call the Online Support team (Help with lufthansa.com and the mobile app), so they can have a look at it.

Best regards,

Jonathan
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by danam
Dear LH Lurkers,

As I'm kind of hitting a brick wall with my LH contacts for a refund (recently I asked for advice in the thread Best contact for a refund issue), are you able to provide a contact that I can actually speak to beyond the first line? I am constantly reassured that my refund is being dealt with (or that it has been dealt with according to the fare rules, which are irrelevant in this situation).

I don't want to deal with this through my credit card provider via a chargeback, I hoped that LH would deal with this professionally and quickly. But I just can't get a response as to why there is a problem and feel that I have no further options.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Dear danam,

sorry to hear that you're still waiting for your refund.

Have you sent your request to Customer Relations? If so, could you please provide me with your feedback ID?

Kind regards
Jonathan
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:37 am

Dear Lurkers - I am still looking forward to hearing back from you regarding this issue I have brought up before Christmas.

Thanks,
cas_de
Dear cas_de,

apologies for the late response.

I can understand that you are frustrated and want to get your miles credited correctly.

Could you please send me your Miles & More number and all the respective ticket numbers via PN?

I will forward it to responsible department and try my best.

Kind regards,

Jonathan
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear danam,

sorry to hear that you're still waiting for your refund.

Have you sent your request to Customer Relations? If so, could you please provide me with your feedback ID?

Kind regards
Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,

Lufthansa, FB ID 32615087. I'm a bit confused why it takes so long and that nobody communicates if/why there is an issue.

Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear cas_de,

apologies for the late response.

I can understand that you are frustrated and want to get your miles credited correctly.

Could you please send me your Miles & More number and all the respective ticket numbers via PN?

I will forward it to responsible department and try my best.

Kind regards,

Jonathan
Thanks Jonathan - I did just forward the relevant information to you via PM.

Best regards,
cas_de
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: LH*S
Good afternoon.
My first post on this thread. I enrolled in the winter Flytime promotion and did the 10k status miles as required, only to receive a mail message on Jan 4th stating that
"Unfortunately, you have not earned any extra miles".
I did go out of my way (literally :-) to fly 10k status miles, and now I feel cheated by this. I have written to m&m and got an autoreply and a reference number.
But it's just that. An "auto reply".
Any idea of the amount of time m&m takes to answer?
Thank you and regards
Pedro
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:58 am

Dear LH Lurkers,

please see the following post:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30652764-post1.html

are you able to follow internally to verify if NH booking class N is indeed excluded from earning miles with M&M?

Thanks,
cas_de
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by danam
Hi Jonathan,

Lufthansa, FB ID 32615087. I'm a bit confused why it takes so long and that nobody communicates if/why there is an issue.

Thanks
Hi danam,

please take my apologies that the processing of the refund takes so long. As my colleagues told me, you were informed that they are facing an unusual high volume of enquiries. They still have a backlog, therefore i kindly ask you to have a bit more patience.

Kind regards,

Markus
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by pedrin
Good afternoon.
My first post on this thread. I enrolled in the winter Flytime promotion and did the 10k status miles as required, only to receive a mail message on Jan 4th stating that
"Unfortunately, you have not earned any extra miles".
I did go out of my way (literally :-) to fly 10k status miles, and now I feel cheated by this. I have written to m&m and got an autoreply and a reference number.
But it's just that. An "auto reply".
Any idea of the amount of time m&m takes to answer?
Thank you and regards
Pedro
Hi pedrin,

as you already have received a reference number, please allow my colleagues to handle your case individually. They will have a deeper look into your account to see if you are eligible for the extra creditation.

Kind regards,

Markus
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:43 am

Dear LH Lurkers,

please see the following post:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30652764-post1.html

are you able to follow internally to verify if NH booking class N is indeed excluded from earning miles with M&M?

Thanks,
cas_de
Hi cas_de,

on NH carriers, booking classes N and R are excluded from earning miles.

Kind regards,

Markus
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: LH SEN
Just some feedback on booking flights on lufthansa.com

I'm looking at FRA - PDX in June.

Search results offer an assortment of one stop flights.

However if I search MUC - PDX I see a lot more options and much more reasonable prices.

When searching from FRA none of these options to route via MUC are offered.

If I do multi-stop I can create a FRA-PDX routing via MUC but then I can't select different fare classes for the outbound and return journeys.

I know I can call in and get someone to construct this for me but I would just rather the FRA - PDX search surface the MUC routing options and have been done with this booking 5 minutes after I started.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by supine
Just some feedback on booking flights on lufthansa.com

I'm looking at FRA - PDX in June.

Search results offer an assortment of one stop flights.

However if I search MUC - PDX I see a lot more options and much more reasonable prices.

When searching from FRA none of these options to route via MUC are offered.

If I do multi-stop I can create a FRA-PDX routing via MUC but then I can't select different fare classes for the outbound and return journeys.

I know I can call in and get someone to construct this for me but I would just rather the FRA - PDX search surface the MUC routing options and have been done with this booking 5 minutes after I started.
Hi supine,

I have forwarded your feedback internally for quality improvement.

Kind regards,
Jonathan
supine likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
Hi LH lurker,

Can you please be so kind as to ask your team members to refresh/update the following topic FB ID 32680238

thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.